Tattoos-- Anyone regret getting a sleeve (or half)?

Trail_Addict
Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
I would like to hear from those that got a half or full sleeve that ended up regretting it. Why?

My only hesitations are that I'm self-employed, but refuse to wear long-sleeved shirts. My clients would always see the ink.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I have a 3/4 sleeve and I don't regret it at all. I work in a corporate setting as a receptionist, so I have to wear something that covers it. I still wear short sleeves, I just wear a TatJacket over it. I love my sleeve and I can't imagine not getting it. I say go for it! It isn't like tattoos or sleeves are rare now.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    man up niccah
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    I regret none, and if I ever apply for a job that has an issue with tats, then I really would not want to work there anyways.....
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    no regrets.

although, i do wear long sleeves everyday. and you know i'm from phx, so i know what you'd be dealing with too.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192
    Its going to look GREAT at this age!

herbert_hoffmann.jpg

If it was me, I'd wait for move development on E-Ink tattoos this way you can turn them on and off and also change the design as you see fit.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    I have 8 tattoo's & love them all!
    The place I work at is cool with them, so that's a bonus. :)
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Im getting a half sleeve when I hit my goal, would love a fyll sleeve but im relatively up there in the corp ladder and it would negatively effect my career

Anyone tells u different is wrong
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    It depends who your clients are.

I work in a corpoate environment, so have to keep them covered.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    2 half sleeves, NO regrets. :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Im getting a half sleeve when I hit my goal, would love a fyll sleeve but im relatively up there in the corp ladder and it would negatively effect my career

No, that's wrong. My fiancé's "up there in the corp ladder" and has a full sleeve. He wears dress shirts to work so you can't even see it.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member

No, that's wrong. My fiancé's "up there in the corp ladder" and has a full sleeve. He wears dress shirts to work so you can't even see it.

well sure if you want to wear a long sleeve shirt all the time.
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member

herbert_hoffmann.jpg

If it was me, I'd wait for move development on E-Ink tattoos this way you can turn them on and off and also change the design as you see fit.

then you have no concept of what getting a tattoo is all about.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    man up niccah

roflmao ^^
    As for me I have a full sleeve on rt arm and bout 60% left arm. No regrets....
    It does effect the way you are viewed tho.....this is the world we live in!
    Don't get them or you can put them where they can be covered if you are worried.
    Still gotta be myself!! I don't hide a thing!
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    oh and to answer the question, I have a half sleeve, and the other arm is getting filled soon (has tats be needs to be brought together) and I am going to do a full sleeve regardless of what my wife thinks. :)
  • inked219
    inked219 Posts: 51 Member
    I have a full sleeve and I'll never regret it. I got my tattoos because they mean something to ME. They're not meant for anyone else. If you get something that tells a life story or is deeply rooted to your heart - you'll never regret it. However if it's just for looks and showing off - I'd avoid it. Popular tattoos become tacky tattoos in only a matter of years. I'm sure we all know of tribal and the kanji fiasco...
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    herbert_hoffmann.jpg

I don't know about you, but I wanna party with this guy.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    I consider my self at least 3/4 sleeved on one arm.. I could care less what anyone thinks and I love them.. only one I ever semi regretted was placement before children ( and not the one on my belly.. ) ..

oh yea Im gangster like that. *ha*
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    herbert_hoffmann.jpg

I don't know about you, but I wanna party with this guy.

couldnt agree more!!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member

herbert_hoffmann.jpg

That argument always bothers me. What, you think he'd look better shirtless without ink? When we get old, our skin looks funky. With or without ink. The ink just gives you something more interesting to look at.

*ETA - Hell yeahs I wanna party with that dude. I bet he has some amazing stories.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm getting a quarter sleeve done in a few weeks. I work for a company that doesn't care. I have a large tattoo on my right shoulder.

When I was younger I went back and forth on it and I'm so glad I waited because I was stupid when I was in my early 20's. I would have gotten some flash work done or something else along those lines. Now that I'm months away from 30, I have some life experience that shows in the work I have. I can look at my right arm and say, yeah...those stars let me know how many years I've been clean or that art on my leg represents the free feeling I got when X happened or this piece on my shoulder was after a terrible breakup that I didn't think I could recover from but did and found myself stronger or this represents my love for astrology/astronomy.

I only regret 1 and that's my name. *sighs* I was 22 and all of my friends were getting their names tattooed on them and I was like why not. Can't wait to cover that up.