BAD

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Oh please get in line.... I eat ice and Im not talking 1 little glass. I go through a 10 pound bag a day......

are you anemic? have you talked to your dr about that?

Nope not anemic....... Oral fixation.......
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    wow i never felt so normal reading everyone's personal nervous habits!

I chew the whole inside of my mouth, espeically when i read, but when im stressed, bored, etc, like all the cheek skin is gone
    I chew/pick the sides of all my fingers, hate it when they start bleeding, even massive amounts of lotion dont help.
    I twirl my own hair around my finger and when i sleep, i do it to my husband.
    I shake my foot a lot, or juggle my leg up and down if its touching the ground.
    I have a head tic, that shakes when im trying to concentrate, so you dont know if its gunna fall off or im just staying NO very vigerously.
  • lesanncan
    lesanncan Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i get very fidgety, bite my nails and the insides of my cheeks
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I pick at the skin around my finger nails, either making hangnails worst or causing them.
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    another nail biter. I've destroyed the nail bed and I have bumps and ridges that won't go away. I do it w/o thinking, often in the car. the only way I minimize the destruction is by keeping them cleaned up, manicured, polished if possible. They'll never look human again though, I'm sure of that. LOL
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Pfft. You all are normal.

I bite the insides of my cheeks. Alternating sides. Hard. Have since I was a kid. I look like a camel when I do it.

I do this. But mostly it's the inside cheek of my lower lip. If I'm talking or eating or distracted, I do not do this. But if I'm driving and I'm in traffic, I can tear it up. Crazy.
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    Whassup to my fellow nail biters!!! All that stuff about, "Just keep your nails pretty and polished! You'll stop biting!!" Nope, doesn't work!
  • AngelaRiott
    Options
    Pick the skin off the sides of my thumb... :(

sameeee
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Pick the skin off the sides of my thumb... :(

I do this but on all my fingers. It sucks.

Yep. It really hurts after a while, but I don't realize I'm doing it until it's done.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I play with my rings. I can't even stop it when I notice I'm doing it. Dead give away that I'm nervous.

I'm also a phone pacer, lip chewer, and hair player-wither. :laugh:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

I bite the insides of my cheeks. Alternating sides. Hard. Have since I was a kid. I look like a camel when I do it.

I do the same thing. :)

Ex did this as well......

Me Nothing...wierd huh?
  • SLHeath37
    SLHeath37 Posts: 1
    Options
    ME TOO!!!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I play with my wedding rings and twirl and braid my hair over and over again.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I bite my lip. I find that if I chew gum I tend to do it less, but I'd be chewing gum all day long. I really think my bad habit has caused wrinkles too... boooooo!!!

Why would you get booted for no replies to posts? :noway:
  • sarahdee2007
    sarahdee2007 Posts: 257
    Options
    Well burst into tears, normally! Or run for the bathroom! Ugh. Just thinking about public speaking makes my stomach do flips!
  • JonesJennings
    JonesJennings Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh please get in line.... I eat ice and Im not talking 1 little glass. I go through a 10 pound bag a day......

I'm struck by the genius of eating ice to deal with an oral fixation. How many other people might have dealt with the same fixation by eating hard candy or popcorn or some other snack? Ice as a snack: 0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. Good stuff.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options

I do the same thing. :)

Same here. But I also have a bad habit of chewing the center of my upper lip. I even get on my own nerves I do it so much.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I saw my little girl picking at her face until it started bleeding...

"Awww honey! Daddy's sorry he passed his crazy on to you! Who's a beautiful little neurotic princess? It's you! Now let's get ice cream and chew our faces while obsessively counting."
  • incfighters
    incfighters Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    awkward and nervous laughter, apologizing too much, scratching my head, picking scabs...it's all terrible
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

I'm struck by the genius of eating ice to deal with an oral fixation. How many other people might have dealt with the same fixation by eating hard candy or popcorn or some other snack? Ice as a snack: 0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. Good stuff.

Thank you thank you.... It also keeps me hydrated lol. though I must say it freaks our alot of people when they see me walking around with a 42 ounce glass full of ice lol