BAD

Options

Replies

• TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I count and the more nervous or upset I am the more likely I am to count out loud. I also apologize a lot
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I chew my cuticles when I get stressed. GROSS
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Take your pick, let's see...

Tap my whole leg like it's been electrified.
    Pick at my cuticles till my fingers are torn up
    Sadly, any defect on my hands/arm - IE: small cuts, nicks, whatever... I'll keep picking them. There is one spot on my arm that has a callus that is nearly 20 years old. Plus, if I start it causes a chain reaction "itchiness" in my skin and I will scratch it till I'm bleeding. I so try to not do it, but my job is extermly stressful and it's gotten worse these last few years. :(
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Oh please get in line.... I eat ice and Im not talking 1 little glass. I go through a 10 pound bag a day......

are you anemic? have you talked to your dr about that?

Nope not anemic....... Oral fixation.......

I'm struck by the genius of eating ice to deal with an oral fixation. How many other people might have dealt with the same fixation by eating hard candy or popcorn or some other snack? Ice as a snack: 0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. Good stuff.

Also ruins your teeth. I had that same habit, had to stop after doing it for so long and biting so hard that I literally cracked molars. If you can, I suggest you stop before you do damage. :flowerforyou:
  • justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i play with the bottom hem of my shirt.. i twirl it around, pull on it... do weird things with it, very awkward things. or i pretend to bite my fingernails.. i don't actually bite them, i just put them near my mouth like i am. or i play with my hair, adjust and/or clean my glasses even if they don't need it, bite the inside of my lip or scratch my neck even if it doesn't itch... or i dance around in place. /=
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I play with tape...................I'm the only person I've ever met with such a strange habit.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm a skin picker. :grumble: It's awful.

I also chew the skin on the sides of my nails.
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    I used to do a lot of bad things but twirl my finger around my hair and pulling my hair out was the worst thing to beak... but as you can see I don't have much now. :)
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    Oh please get in line.... I eat ice and Im not talking 1 little glass. I go through a 10 pound bag a day......

are you anemic? have you talked to your dr about that?

Nope not anemic....... Oral fixation.......

I'm struck by the genius of eating ice to deal with an oral fixation. How many other people might have dealt with the same fixation by eating hard candy or popcorn or some other snack? Ice as a snack: 0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. Good stuff.

Also ruins your teeth. I had that same habit, had to stop after doing it for so long and biting so hard that I literally cracked molars. If you can, I suggest you stop before you do damage. :flowerforyou:

This is a sign of an Iron deficiency/ anemia... Get it checked out.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm a compulsive leg shaker. I'm also bad at relaxing. I feel like there is always something to get done and I never really want to just sit and relax. I pretty much always keep myself busy, otherwise I get bored.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm a compulsive leg shaker. I'm also bad at relaxing. I feel like there is always something to get done and I never really want to just sit and relax. I pretty much always keep myself busy, otherwise I get bored.

I'm the same way. :sad: I legitimately don't know how to relax. Period. If I get comfortable with my life, I go off the deep end and find a hobby or something that's going to create more chaos.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I pick and pull the skin on my lips. Sometimes I use my fingers, but usually I use my teeth to peel it. It gets so sore sometimes!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    When I'm nervous, I just get quiet. I'm not really aware of any quirks related to nerves. I don't bite my nails or chew on my lip. I just can't speak.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I bite my nails
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Whats your nervous bad habit

I bite my lip ..... all the time....

okay discuss

That is NOT a bad habit...that HAWT
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm a foot or fingernail tapper.

Sometimes I get both feet going and it drives everyone crazy.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Pfft. You all are normal.

I bite the insides of my cheeks. Alternating sides. Hard. Have since I was a kid. I look like a camel when I do it.

Add in the inside of my bottom lip and me too..

I bite thd inside of my bottom lip too. Actually realized I was doing it when I opened this. Darn it.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    pick at my cuticals
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I actually twiddle my hair ... always have and you can tell the side I do it.. its all broke and damaged... ahhhh
  • smilegrandmom
    smilegrandmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I seem to wring my hands or if I have something in them I twist it all up. Daughter was always telling me I was clicking my fingernails when driving. Nervous habits I don't usually realize I'm doing.