Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    everyone go on vacation??????:frown:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Nope...I'm here Cathy! Gonna be a busy day for me at work though, and then I'm off until Monday so may not be back on here until then.

Went to the doctor yesterday. Everything is good. Baby's heart rate was 152 and I measured right around 31. So...things are going great! I go back on the 16th!

Well...gotta get started! I hope you all have a wonderful day and a fabulous 4th if I don't talk to you before!

OH! Rhiannon....Happy Canada Day yesterday!!!! I TOTALLY forgot to tell you! :blushing:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am at the beach for a week. I forgot to weigh in before we left to come here so I wont be able to weigh in until after the 8th when I come back.

Kristen, love to hear that the baby is doing well. So exciting! It seems like just yesterday you disappeared on us and then reappeared preggo! :laugh: !

Have a great 4th of July everyone!

Happy belated Canada Day to Rhiannon!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Just checking in quick.

Thanks Amy(pdx)! It has flown by! I can't believe that I'm 30 weeks already! Only 10 weeks left! And SO much to do! I HAVE to remember to upload pictures of the nursery! Maybe this weekend and then I can share next week! I'll try! Plus I have SO many new belly pictures! I think it's been since 20 weeks that I shared!

ANYways...gonna eat a quick lunch and then back to work! I'll try and check back before I leave this afternoon!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there Sixers: Just checking in. I love MFP and all of you for making this so much less of a struggle then it has to be. Anyway, have managed to control the eating, had been drinking my water, and between wii fit, workout tapes, and hiking I am getting my exercize in too. If you asked me six months ago if I would alter my life so drasticly I would have said "no way it could happen" but thanks to all of you it's really happening. Anyway, I'm at work right now so I better get to it. Happy Belated Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians.:heart:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hi there Sixers: Just checking in. I love MFP and all of you for making this so much less of a struggle then it has to be. Anyway, have managed to control the eating, had been drinking my water, and between wii fit, workout tapes, and hiking I am getting my exercize in too. If you asked me six months ago if I would alter my life so drasticly I would have said "no way it could happen" but thanks to all of you it's really happening. Anyway, I'm at work right now so I better get to it. Happy Belated Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians.:heart:

I totally agree with Magglett. I am doing well and on track with eating. I started excercising by hiking (twice so far this week). I have been so inspired by MFP and by Magglett (who I know and got me on this site) that the same thing applies to me. If I had asked myself the same question it would have been a huge 'no way'.

Thank you all for your support and motivation. It makes a worldof difference.

Take care,
    Tammy
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm heading to the mountains now. I'll be back Monday evening!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Maglett, tammy, I'm so glad that you guys are finding such help with this site. It really is an amazing tool. I felt so helpless for so long and this made a huge difference to me.

Amy, I'm so sorry about your pooch :frown:

Kris, THIRTY WEEKS! Where the heck has the time gone?! Sheesh. Ava came at 37.5 weeks for me and Leith was 41 weeks. lol

Hi everyone. Still no computer, still doing well. Ran a Canada Day 10k yesterday around a lake (SO beautiful) and had a WONDERFUL run. I've been pigging out today (on healthy foods) because I'm SO hungry but this is a very high km week (I've done almost 30k this week already and I have another 13 still to go) so I'll just roll with it. One thing I'm realizing though, is that stuff made with flour really makes me feel slow and gives me cravings. On days that I get most of my energy from lean protein and non-starchy vegetables I feel like I have completely endless energy. If I have muffins or something made from flour (and I'm talking the super-healthy stuff I'm making myself) I feel weighed down like after too much pasta. I'm learning a LOT by not counting calories and by not planning menus (which allows me to go with what my body may be asking for throughout the day). It's ALWAYS an education here, isn't it! :tongue:

Talk to you guys soon!
    HUGS to my sixers!!! :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    Options
    Maglett, tammy, I'm so glad that you guys are finding such help with this site. It really is an amazing tool. I felt so helpless for so long and this made a huge difference to me.

Amy, I'm so sorry about your pooch :frown:

Kris, THIRTY WEEKS! Where the heck has the time gone?! Sheesh. Ava came at 37.5 weeks for me and Leith was 41 weeks. lol

Hi everyone. Still no computer, still doing well. Ran a Canada Day 10k yesterday around a lake (SO beautiful) and had a WONDERFUL run. I've been pigging out today (on healthy foods) because I'm SO hungry but this is a very high km week (I've done almost 30k this week already and I have another 13 still to go) so I'll just roll with it. One thing I'm realizing though, is that stuff made with flour really makes me feel slow and gives me cravings. On days that I get most of my energy from lean protein and non-starchy vegetables I feel like I have completely endless energy. If I have muffins or something made from flour (and I'm talking the super-healthy stuff I'm making myself) I feel weighed down like after too much pasta. I'm learning a LOT by not counting calories and by not planning menus (which allows me to go with what my body may be asking for throughout the day). It's ALWAYS an education here, isn't it! :tongue:

Talk to you guys soon!
    HUGS to my sixers!!! :flowerforyou:

That's really great with all the running you do. I aspire to run without doing damage. Right now I hike a lot but once some of the excess weight is off I hope to take up some running too. I hear its an amazing feeling.
  • mjheinrich
    mjheinrich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    HI all,
    Just checking in and a Happy 4th weekend to everyone. I'm visiting my Mom and other family for along weekend so managing controlled eating and actually logging it all is more difficult. I expect I'll be up a lb or 2after this. Just trying to do better than I normally would on a holiday weekend.

Running a 5k race tomorrow morning and am looking forward to that as I've been 'resting up' the past couple days. i really do much better at tracking and controlled eatin at home. I always seem to derail with special occasions and holidays.

enjoy the weekend everyone,
    Marhta
  • magglett
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ... just wanted to say :drinker: Happy 4th of July :drinker: to all my new found friends south of the border.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Hi Sixers,

I'll have to come back and read all the posts from last week and this week at a later time.

My husband's grandfather died. Papa had adopted me as his own grandchild ten years ago, so this has been tough on both of us. We've been in Atlanta for about a week now. Tuesday we drove back to NC, called back halfway through the drive, but we had to get back to Bella Grace. We picked her up and turned around, driving back to Atlanta. Papa died that night. Visitation was Thursday, the funeral was yesterday. The entire family is here, stress eating and not sleeping enough and not drinking enough water or even moving much. We are all trying to accept that he's gone.

For visitation I wore a pair of my black dress slacks. I almost couldn't button them. Today I tried on a pair of my reasonably loose fitting summer shorts and they barely zipped. I bet I've gained 10-12lbs now. Wake up call for me. Once we return home (late tomorrow), I have to really start hard Monday to get back to where I was with my weight or I won't have any clothes to wear.

Hope you all are doing well. I'll read and catch up later.
    xo,
    Lauryn
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Happy Independence Day Sixers! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    I just wanted to stop by and say hello to my lovely SIXERS!!! I hope you have a relaxing 4th of July. I jogged 3 miles this morning. I'm just trying to keep my motivation high. I CAN DO THIS last 53 lbs. It will only come off when I'm focused on my goals and not letting excuses rule my fitness and healthy eating world. The question is HOW BAD DO I REALLY WANT THIS?

Have fun ladies!!!

Tamm:flowerforyou:

Lauryn- I'm sorry to hear about you losing your PAPA. I wish you the best and safe travels. I'm praying for your family!
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi Sixers,

I'll have to come back and read all the posts from last week and this week at a later time.

My husband's grandfather died. Papa had adopted me as his own grandchild ten years ago, so this has been tough on both of us. We've been in Atlanta for about a week now. Tuesday we drove back to NC, called back halfway through the drive, but we had to get back to Bella Grace. We picked her up and turned around, driving back to Atlanta. Papa died that night. Visitation was Thursday, the funeral was yesterday. The entire family is here, stress eating and not sleeping enough and not drinking enough water or even moving much. We are all trying to accept that he's gone.

For visitation I wore a pair of my black dress slacks. I almost couldn't button them. Today I tried on a pair of my reasonably loose fitting summer shorts and they barely zipped. I bet I've gained 10-12lbs now. Wake up call for me. Once we return home (late tomorrow), I have to really start hard Monday to get back to where I was with my weight or I won't have any clothes to wear.

Hope you all are doing well. I'll read and catch up later.
    xo,
    Lauryn

I'm truly very sorry for your loss ... my heart is with you.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Lauryn, I'm so sorry for your loss :flowerforyou: You'll work yourself back into your clothes :heart:

Tamm, good on ya! I'm feeling the same... I just can't justify the justifications that will prevent me from reaching my goal. It's all just an "out" created by the little "fat voice" in my head. Not listening any more.

Happy 4th to my lovely American Sixers.. have a safe and fun (and healthy!) weekend!!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    double post.
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

Lauryn - so sorry to hear about your loss!! hang in there!!

as for me a long weekend at home may not bode well for the scale on Tuesday, but we shall see!!

happy belated 4th to you all!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning....

hope everyone had a nice 4th. ours was like just another day.

ok, i am forcing myself to watch what i eat and get back to the gym more than just once a week. i have no clothes. what was once big is now tight. can't do that. no money to replace. i had dreams for clothes this summer. won't give up.
    have the grands for the week. heading to the gym soon and putting them into the daycare. cost a whole dollar for 2 hour limit. started teaching them to ride their bikes w/out training wheels. had a few falls already. they are on the lawn for now.

need to get ready.

later...
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Not a lot of time this morning, but I had to say hello.

And Lauryn...I am SO sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.:flowerforyou:

I'll BBL.