How Many Glasses of Water do you Drink?

Options

Replies

• skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    yesterday I drank 160oz (20 cups) whoop!!! I try to get around 12-15 cups.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    At least a gallon a day.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Oh geez. Anywhere from 8-20...

More if I'm working (9-10 hour night shifts, I finish at 3am).
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    2L a day...about 8 glasses roughly.....I find it really hard though...especially with all the toilet trips!
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    12 - 15 cups a day. I realize it's now more than half my weight. I may lessen my water intake. :)
  • noonin123
    noonin123 Posts: 2
    Options
    not nearly enough as I should but I do know you are not suppose to drink to much over the set amount required in a day, as it can be more harmful then good x
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    8-14 cups. Though some days I just don't drink much because I am tired of having to go to the bathroom from all the water! :laugh:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I range from 6-13 depending on the day. When I am doing well, i will average around 10. Don't over do it though. Watch your pee. It needs to be pale yellow...not clear! Just be safe! huggles!
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I usually stop counting after 10. I'm always thirsty and it helps my belly stay full feeling so I don't snack.
  • CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i usually have to work hard to drink even 3 glasses. Been starting to drink crystal light packets to work and drink 8 oz at a time with just a little flavor. been doing that today and just barely i went to drink more of my 5th glass and realized it was already gone. the Crystal light definitely helps me and i am going to start making sure that i drink at least 8 glasses a day now.
  • andi_everywhere
    andi_everywhere Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I'm working on the road (traveling) I only manage about 5-7 glasses a day (40-56 oz). If I'm at home and in my regular routine I drink about a gallon a day (I think that's about 128 oz?). I'm bad about tracking it on MFP but as long as I'm actually drinking the stuff I guess that's what counts, right?!

I no longer drink coffee, tea, soda, etc. All water, all the time. I don't even like to add anything to the water, it's so darn refreshing as is! :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    16-17
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough..maybe 40-60oz on a good day. I never have been big on fluids... coffee in the morning
    and a glass of something with lunch and dinner. I really have to force myself to drink throughout the day.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I shoot for four, sometimes more. I might drink 8 cups when I hike though... often emptying out my water bag...
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I try for 13 glasses (8 oz.) per day - but usually I hit around 9-12.... it's a GREAT day when I hit 13!
  • BatWoman2012
    Options
    I have at least 10 glasses a day and the highes is about 18.

I squeeze half a lemon and put the juice into my water bottle. Gives it such a nice taste and lemons are known to help clean you out but I dont know if thats true or not I just prefer the taste to bland plain water :smile:
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 80 ounces of water (not including 8-24oz of coffee, depending on what size I get at Starbucks, or if I go more than once a day).

I didn't used to drink nearly as much as I do now, I used to only pee 2 or 3 times a day my whole life, but now I go around 8 times a day. It's sort of inconvenient, but whatever. I've also noticed a huge difference in my skin! It's so much more smooth and I think it played a pretty big part in clearing up my acne.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I drink at least half of my weight in lbs in oz. So 70oz.

9-10 glasses.
  • misterskinny
    Options
    The notion that you should drink 8 glasses of water (or whatever the number you go by) each day is a fallacy. It's actual an urban myth that won't die.

When those specs were first published back-in-the-day it included water obtained from food. Somewhere, someplace, someone who thought they knew what information they were looking at translated it into x-amount of water = glasses of water. It was a mistake.

There is no need to drink so much water by the glassful. If your urine is amber and clear, you're getting enough water. If you exercise and sweat you should replenish with glasses of water, but for day-to-day activities, there is no need for so much water. Drink when you're thirsty. Older folks need to be careful, though, because their thirst diminishes as they age while their need for water does not. Older people should supplement their water intake, but not by as much as popularly quoted.

People may be flushing their systems of water-soluble vitamins and minerals at an exaggerated rate. It is also making your kidneys work harder than they need to.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I use to drink about 3-4 cups, just this week I started drinking more water and most days now I am drinking 11-12 cups.