I'm gaining it all back

Options
I've been on here since Dec, lost 19 lbs and slowly gaining it back, I am not doing anything different, I cheat on the weekends, as I always did, and I've even raised my calorie intake as suggested. I am so depressed and discouraged. I feel like quitting and coming back so I will lose it again like I did before. What can I do? I am super depressed.:cry:

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You will have to open your diary if you want advice with this.
    We would only be guessing
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm right ther with you. I don't know what to do either. Wish I had a magic solution. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.
  • crystut03
    crystut03 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i think you can switch your diet up. Sometimes the body will get use to what you are doing and no results will come afterwards...but try switching it up like eating more carbs or less carbs or more protien vice versus...along with continuos exercising and it should kick back into burning metabolism
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    same problem. I have been eating high protein and very clean for over a year, within 1200-1500 calorie range. Then I added cardio and WT, now I "gained" all the weight back up and even more. This is really frustrating. I did first on 1200 calorie diet and lost about 10 pounds, then hit plateau. Everyone said I should bump up calorie and add exercise, so I did...I use to see difference in measurment now I don't see them. Everything just went back to where it began. I am depressed.
  • albayin
    Options
    I'm right ther with you. I don't know what to do either. Wish I had a magic solution. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

I am in delimma now. Eat or not Eat? excersise or not exersise? this significantly impacts my mood every day now. I want to give it up the I still hope there might some solution I haven't tried? I don't know. :(
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Double check your settings. As you lose weight the fewer calories you should be consuming. Try changing your weekly weight loss goal. For example, if it's currently set at losing 1.5 lbs. per week, change it to 1.0 lb. per week. Stick with your new goal for at least 4 weeks before making further adjustments.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since Dec, lost 19 lbs and slowly gaining it back, I am not doing anything different, I cheat on the weekends, as I always did, and I've even raised my calorie intake as suggested. I am so depressed and discouraged. I feel like quitting and coming back so I will lose it again like I did before. What can I do? I am super depressed.:cry:

If you raised your calorie intake and are gaining, you should lower it back down.

Having said that, I highly recommend against a cheat day. You could be undoing all the good you did tracking all week. Track it all and be honest with yourself. If you can't sustain the goal you chose, back it off to a goal of .5 lbs/week loss and see if you can eat at that level while tracking every bite and not cheating.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a rough time, but the worst thing to do now would be to quit! 19lbs is great! You can definitely do this. Have you been exercising at all?
  • albayin
    Options

If you raised your calorie intake and are gaining, you should lower it back down.

Having said that, I highly recommend against a cheat day. You could be undoing all the good you did tracking all week. Track it all and be honest with yourself. If you can't sustain the goal you chose, back it off to a goal of .5 lbs/week loss and see if you can eat at that level while tracking every bite and not cheating.
    I believe I tried go higher and lower both ways but nothing seems working for me now. :( I also tried a couple of months of losing .5 lb setting and nothing changed either. Sigh..I am really confused.

I don't cheap. Might be a day or 2 throughout the entire 2 month course.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise do you do?
  • steviegreeks
    steviegreeks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have you readjusted your BMR now that you are a bit lighter? The lighter you are the less calories you need to "exist" I had to go down to 1550 once I lost weight.. Maybe this will help, maybe it wont either way don't give up!!!!!
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How much are you working out and what kind of work outs do you do? Maybe switch up between cardio and weight lifting, I guess it depends what kinds of food your eating too.
  • vzvghg
    vzvghg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you read the 4 hour body by Tim Ferris?

He has a weight loss routine and diet for women who have hit a plateau and other diets. I know of one family that did some of his stuff and they all lost some stubborn fat.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

I believe I tried go higher and lower both ways but nothing seems working for me now. :( I also tried a couple of months of losing .5 lb setting and nothing changed either. Sigh..I am really confused.

"I cheat on the weekends, as I always did" ... from your original post.

So... um, do you cheat or not?
  • albayin
    Options

"I cheat on the weekends, as I always did" ... from your original post.

So... um, do you cheat or not?

I am not OP. I am just in the same boat with her.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Honestly without public diaries we're all guessing.
  • Fitness_4_Jess
    Fitness_4_Jess Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ...how do you know it isn't you getting more muscle? I had that problem during a previous weight loss excursion. I found the formula for figuring body fat %'s and I found that losing body fat, but gaining muscle can be the culprit sometimes.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I would limit cheat days to once a week, not all weekend. I agree with everyone else open that diary just for friends if no one else.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eating too little and working out too much will do this.
    Yikes!

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
    Age?
    Body Fat?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Well I think it might be time to do something different, try to not cheat on the weekends, if you upped your calories go back to lowering them, try working out more often or longer, watch sodium, drink more water.

There are many many things you can do to get back to losing weight.