I'm gaining it all back

Options

Replies

• QueChulaYo
    QueChulaYo Posts: 71
    Options
    Well I think it might be time to do something different, try to not cheat on the weekends, if you upped your calories go back to lowering them, try working out more often or longer, watch sodium, drink more water.

There are many many things you can do to get back to losing weight.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS......AND ALL OF THE ABOVE, BUT NEVER QUIT!!! YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOU, NO CAN CHANGE IT FOR YOU, YOU HAVE TO BE COMMITTED TO IT, AND GET SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT, AND TRY TRY TRY AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

I am not OP. I am just in the same boat with her.

Sorry. My confusion...
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary open for everyone. It's hard to help without knowing what your eating.

You do understand that to gain or lose it only take 3500 calories either way. If you eat anything you wont on the weekends....you will only be setting yourself up for trouble!!
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Don't raise your calorie intake/eat more if you haven't worked out for the day. Or that's at least what I did.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Based on what some earlier posters wrote, I would agree that it could be muscle weight replacing what used to be 'fat' weight. My best indicator is my clothing- does everything from your lowest weight still fit? Numbers can be deceptive. Don't give up! Try, try again, and when that doesn't work, try something else :)
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary, it is hard to know. Define weekend cheating? Is it fri through sun or just one day? Also, it depends on what type of food you are actually eating. My food diary is open, have a look at it if you would like. I have been slow and steady with about a pound loss a week, but I am going in the right direction. Good luck to you, just keep on going!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a rough time, but the worst thing to do now would be to quit! 19lbs is great! You can definitely do this. Have you been exercising at all?

Yup, I have been exercising. Maybe I'll go on a carb diet, not too sure what to do
  • jodycoady
    Options
    Based on what some earlier posters wrote, I would agree that it could be muscle weight replacing what used to be 'fat' weight. My best indicator is my clothing- does everything from your lowest weight still fit? Numbers can be deceptive. Don't give up! Try, try again, and when that doesn't work, try something else :)

It's around my stomach, so it's def not muscle.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Do you look/feel like you've gotten chubbier again, or could this be muscle?
  • jodycoady
    Options
    You will have to open your diary if you want advice with this.
    We would only be guessing

I'm not comfortable with opening my diary....It's nothing personal...don't get me wrong, I' m not binging on cookies or ice cream. And I usually cheat on Fridays and Sats, always lost before and now I'm really bombing...the cheating I do is with beer and snacks, but I do not drink on weekdays - ever. p.s I'm 35 and was skinny my whole life but when I hit 32 everything changed. I lost all the baby weight too, so I can't blame it on pregnancy.
  • jodycoady
    Options
    same problem. I have been eating high protein and very clean for over a year, within 1200-1500 calorie range. Then I added cardio and WT, now I "gained" all the weight back up and even more. This is really frustrating. I did first on 1200 calorie diet and lost about 10 pounds, then hit plateau. Everyone said I should bump up calorie and add exercise, so I did...I use to see difference in measurment now I don't see them. Everything just went back to where it began. I am depressed.

Honestly, you just wrote my story.
  • Lifelive
    Lifelive Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds and gained 80 back. I am trying to change my relationship with my food. Go workout it lifts my depression. one day at a time.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    beer always makes me personally want to eat. ill eat the fries, chips, pretzels, etc. never give up. there's always a way. just don't go extreme one way or the other. dont overly eat and dont overly exercise. i had plateaued for a year, granted i was at my goal, but i dropped another 5 pounds because i figured i was over exercising. also calories may be under, but thats not always the important part. if you are eating under your calories, but a ton of fat, that wont help at all. good luck.
  • jodycoady
    Options
    What kind of exercise do you do?

Running treadmill, elliptical. starmaster, resistance weights and dumbells... one hour 3 times a week, sometimes four if I can.
  • jodycoady
    Options
    Have you read the 4 hour body by Tim Ferris?

He has a weight loss routine and diet for women who have hit a plateau and other diets. I know of one family that did some of his stuff and they all lost some stubborn fat.

No, but I'll look it up, thanks :smile:
  • jodycoady
    Options
    Do you look/feel like you've gotten chubbier again, or could this be muscle?

It's chub.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    same problem. I have been eating high protein and very clean for over a year, within 1200-1500 calorie range. Then I added cardio and WT, now I "gained" all the weight back up and even more. This is really frustrating. I did first on 1200 calorie diet and lost about 10 pounds, then hit plateau. Everyone said I should bump up calorie and add exercise, so I did...I use to see difference in measurment now I don't see them. Everything just went back to where it began. I am depressed.

That is where their "logic" fails. You do not eat more to lose more. Go back to what you were doing if it worked for you. Plateaus happen. Stay on course and wait them out. They will eventually break if you stay the same.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since Dec, lost 19 lbs and slowly gaining it back, I am not doing anything different, I cheat on the weekends, as I always did, and I've even raised my calorie intake as suggested. I am so depressed and discouraged. I feel like quitting and coming back so I will lose it again like I did before. What can I do? I am super depressed.:cry:

Move your calories back to what you were losing at. The supposed "logic" behind eating more is not scientific. It doesn't add up and you are proof it does not work. Go back as before and ramp up your exercise slowly, maybe add some strength training. Plateaus happen just stay on course and wait them out. But if you are gaining then the deficit that you need to lose is not there.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I would just keep eating healthy and exercising. Then you know you are healthy and you feel good. You also feel thinner when you work out and eat well When you feel thin, you believe i yourself. When you believe in yourself you get results.

Giving up will never be a solution.

How much do you cheat on the weekends? Can you just have on treat on the weekends? Can you increase or change up your workouts?

I would keep going with it. I would not want to start again later o at square one with all sorts of health problems (that is me because I got in this because of health problems, not insinuating you have any).
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would just keep eating healthy and exercising. Then you know you are healthy and you feel good. You also feel thinner when you work out and eat well When you feel thin, you believe i yourself. When you believe in yourself you get results.

Giving up will never be a solution.

How much do you cheat on the weekends? Can you just have on treat on the weekends? Can you increase or change up your workouts?

I would keep going with it. I would not want to start again later o at square one with all sorts of health problems (that is me because I got in this because of health problems, not insinuating you have any).

THis^^^^

Whenever I feel like nothing is "working" I think along these lines.. If all I get out of this is that I now workout 5-7 days a week and feel stronger and sometimes feel like I have a slightly higher butt, and I get to eat super healthy and yummy food and lots of it?

....then Im good. and I just keep on going.