How do you get to 1500 calories

Options
How do you get to 1200-1500 calories?

I cannot figure out how to do this without at least one serving of bread and one of pasta each day? Thanks!

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with bread or pasta?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    How do you get to 1200-1500 calories?

I cannot figure out how to do this without at least one serving of bread and one of pasta each day? Thanks!

And the problem with that is what exactly? Unless you have grain intolerances, it does you no harm. Eat lots of fruit, meat and veg and allow yourself grains and bread and pasta as well as ocassional treats. Balance!
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Make it whole grain bread and pasta and you are good. Don't be afraid to eat bread or pasta.
  • steviegreeks
    steviegreeks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bread rocks.
  • fitnessfashionista17
    fitnessfashionista17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    eat brown rice, quinoa or beans instead. And if you need extra calories you should have almonds or walnuts or some other type of nut.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Or baked potato/sweet potato? Nuts? Nut butters on fruit? Advacado? Brown rice? Farro? Quinoa? Oatmeal? Fruit? Dried fruit? Yogurt? Cottage cheese? Beans?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    It is easier than one thinks. 3 main meals 300-400 cals each and 2 inbetween meal snacks around 150.

Edit: To add, we eat 100% Whole Wheat bread or sweet potatos everyday. Bread and pasta are not the devil. (Unless you're intolerant)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat breads, pasta, rice and potatoes. Yum.
  • Fergie21
    Fergie21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Erm slightly confussed. I eat alot of pasta, rice and bread, should i not be eating it? ;/
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I would eat 1 box of oreo cookies.......that would do it.
  • skittles8810
    Options
    I eat 100% whole grains. I make mine from scratch so I know what's in it. I eat lots of veggies and fruits too. I have my off days, but lots of mine come from protein and carbs. I bike mega miles so I need the carbs!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with bread and pasta?? (unless you have intolerances) I don't have much bread but I have pasta every single day, probably 99% of the time. I also find it hard to stay UNDER 2000 a day! Still losing.
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    I don't know thats why I am asking. I love it, but I always see people saying to just eat fruits, veggies and meats..
    Erm slightly confussed. I eat alot of pasta, rice and bread, should i not be eating it? ;/
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day.
    If I lift im all about breads and pasta.
    1200-3k is easy if you have the right Protein and fat settings.
    Then just fill with natural carbs.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I don't know thats why I am asking. I love it, but I always see people saying to just eat fruits, veggies and meats..
    It's fine. If thats the reason you asked the question, just discount it as you were probably attacked by the Low Carb brigade.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    check out my diary - I do not eat bread or pasta -- think outside the box my friend, there's a whole world of food out there, it's not that hard.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

I'd ignore those people tbh.
    Sure, if that's what they're happy doing and it works for them, then that's great! :smile: Yet I love pasta way too much to give it up and I'm still getting results (so would most people, as long as their within their calorie goal) so no reason to change it. Do what works for you!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    What do you mean? I just eat whatever I want lol... I don't see what's wrong with pasta and bread.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    if you want examples on how to get to or beyond 1500 calories without bread or pasta, take a look at my diary. I'm gluten, grain, legume free. I have a gluten intolerance and many do without realizing it. It makes me feel terrible and the grains and legumes give me gas, which is super unpleasant and unnecessary.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    the best is pasta with baguette bread in the same meal :)