Quinoa Question

Options
2»

Replies

• rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Another good "grain" that I've been eating lately is farro! So many great things can be made with it, you should look into that as well!
  • j3m123
    j3m123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just had a quinoa salad for lunch. 1/2 cup quinoa, 3 oz grilled chicken, 1 oz reduced fat feta, cilantro, cherry tomatos, radish mixed with 2 tablespoons of Newman's own sesame ginger salad dressing. it was so good.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    It has the consistency of couscous and I feel like it has somewhat of a corn flavor.
  • bblonskidesigns
    Options
    it tastes great mixed with honey and mashed up blue berries. i find mine by the gluten free products in the grocery store.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    it's sooooo delicious!!!! But don't by the quinoa flakes.... horrible taste....
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    May sound stupid, but really haven't ever heard of it before until I came on here...is it better than rice calorie wise? Where do you find it in a supermarket?
    [/quote

Here this will help ... it's the cheapest price around for Quinoa. Grocery stores are expensive! :)http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-26-Ounce-Packages/dp/B000EDG3UE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1336314215&sr=8-2