Diet pills

Options
124»

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    \that im not losing and watch all their commercials on tv about how john lost 98lbs and is STILL LOSING... yeah well I bet he starved to death as well.

Commercials on TV? Is this a legitimate program? In addition, there are always disclaimers about individual cases not being representative.

Are you a Registered Nurse? That was my assumption. But the way you express yourself makes me wonder.

If you are on an extreme diet and were told you would never be hungry that was a misstatement. You mentioned what you eat during the first part of the day, but not what you eat for dinner. Maybe you are eating too many calories.

I know you said you've paid a lot of money, but it might be worth it to consult a Registered Dietician outside of the program.

What exactly do you mean? The way I express myself? Yes I am a registered nurse!! Again with the attacks, I'll just stick to doing my diary and forget posting in here since people can't help but be rude!

I think I've actually been the most supportive person here. But using phraseology like "He starved himself to death" does not sound like the language a medical professional would use. I also would expect you to be skeptical about claims by a program that is advertised on T.V. It's well known that they can be misleading. Your tone is that of a rant, which I am not used to in people with professional training, even if they are frustrated.

I'm being direct, not rude.

Come on guys, let the whole RN thing go would you? She's a person! Assuming she should know better because she is an RN is like assuming I should be able to do your taxes because I'm an accountant. Not really realistic, and if you take a look at the medical industry there are plenty of doctors and nurses out there that do not know these things. Until you have personal experience in it you dont really learn it. I do not blame the OP for feeling attacked here. She is new, new to this site and new to nutrition and how to improve herself. She made a mistake, she believed claims that were a bad idea, she trusted the wrong people and they let her down. Now she needs to learn where to go for good information how to change her diet for the good. How to make a lifestyle change. This is scary, and she needs our support. She is here, she is asking questions, and while you may believe she is making excuses, I actually believe she just doesnt know yet how to deal with her perceived obstacles. She needs tools, not tough love or criticism.

I made suggestions.
  • cassienp
    cassienp Posts: 36
    Options
    \that im not losing and watch all their commercials on tv about how john lost 98lbs and is STILL LOSING... yeah well I bet he starved to death as well.

Commercials on TV? Is this a legitimate program? In addition, there are always disclaimers about individual cases not being representative.

Are you a Registered Nurse? That was my assumption. But the way you express yourself makes me wonder.

If you are on an extreme diet and were told you would never be hungry that was a misstatement. You mentioned what you eat during the first part of the day, but not what you eat for dinner. Maybe you are eating too many calories.

I know you said you've paid a lot of money, but it might be worth it to consult a Registered Dietician outside of the program.

What exactly do you mean? The way I express myself? Yes I am a registered nurse!! Again with the attacks, I'll just stick to doing my diary and forget posting in here since people can't help but be rude!

I think I've actually been the most supportive person here. But using phraseology like "He starved himself to death" does not sound like the language a medical professional would use. I also would expect you to be skeptical about claims by a program that is advertised on T.V. It's well known that they can be misleading. Your tone is that of a rant, which I am not used to in people with professional training, even if they are frustrated.

All right you want my medical tone of voice then you will get it. Yes I made a mistake plain and simple. I trusted an advertisement on tv, I trusted girls I work with who are also BTW RN's as well and have used this diet to lose a large amount a weight and it worked. For Them! So are you skeptical about Jenny Craig? Nutrisystem? No I guess not because you know the perfect thing to do to lose weight. Forgive me.

No I'm not "ranting" I am voicing my frustation out on not losing any weight in 2 months, but again I guess I'm not allowed to do that on a weight loss message board. When Im not at work I don't speak in medical language. Im so used to dumbing myself down for people like you that I do it all of the time. I guess I forgot that I was supposed to use MLA format when writing my posts on here. Or wait... should I use APA instead? Maybe I will just say what I want to say. If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. You did not offer suggestions you offer judgement. I did not come here to be judged I came here for help and there are people on here that truly want to help. So report me to your moderator if you want to over this post but it is nothing worse than what you have said to me.
  • cassienp
    cassienp Posts: 36
    Options
    Come on guys, let the whole RN thing go would you? She's a person! Assuming she should know better because she is an RN is like assuming I should be able to do your taxes because I'm an accountant. Not really realistic, and if you take a look at the medical industry there are plenty of doctors and nurses out there that do not know these things. Until you have personal experience in it you dont really learn it. I do not blame the OP for feeling attacked here. She is new, new to this site and new to nutrition and how to improve herself. She made a mistake, she believed claims that were a bad idea, she trusted the wrong people and they let her down. Now she needs to learn where to go for good information how to change her diet for the good. How to make a lifestyle change. This is scary, and she needs our support. She is here, she is asking questions, and while you may believe she is making excuses, I actually believe she just doesnt know yet how to deal with her perceived obstacles. She needs tools, not tough love or criticism.

Thank you :smile:
  • mfpcopine
    Options

All right you want my medical tone of voice then you will get it. Yes I made a mistake plain and simple. I trusted an advertisement on tv, I trusted girls I work with who are also BTW RN's as well and have used this diet to lose a large amount a weight and it worked. For Them! So are you skeptical about Jenny Craig? Nutrisystem? No I guess not because you know the perfect thing to do to lose weight. Forgive me.

No I'm not "ranting" I am voicing my frustation out on not losing any weight in 2 months, but again I guess I'm not allowed to do that on a weight loss message board. When Im not at work I don't speak in medical language. Im so used to dumbing myself down for people like you that I do it all of the time. I guess I forgot that I was supposed to use MLA format when writing my posts on here. Or wait... should I use APA instead? Maybe I will just say what I want to say. If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. You did not offer suggestions you offer judgement. I did not come here to be judged I came here for help and there are people on here that truly want to help. So report me to your moderator if you want to over this post but it is nothing worse than what you have said to me.

I was the only one who directly addressed your concerns. Your tone is inappropriate. All you're doing is confirming the things I pointed out. Maybe there's a reason the people in your dieting program are not taking you seriously.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Your welcome, just so you know, if you are getting replies that are combative and hurtful, you can place that person on ignore. There is an arrow under their avatar and just click that and choose ignore. And take some things with a grain of salt. Take someone's stats into consideration if you feel hurt by what is said. Averaging almost 400 posts a month and less than 4lbs to loose? Dont waste your time with a response, just realize they probably dont have much to offer you anyway. However, there are a lot of people on here that have lost over 100 pounds, had to change bad habits and are very successful, I would listen to these people who know what it takes to loose that weight and also those that have been able stay at a healthy weight after loosing significant weight.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

Your welcome, just so you know, if you are getting replies that are combative and hurtful, you can place that person on ignore. There is an arrow under their avatar and just click that and choose ignore. And take some things with a grain of salt. Take someone's stats into consideration if you feel hurt by what is said. Averaging almost 400 posts a month and less than 4lbs to loose? Dont waste your time with a response, just realize they probably dont have much to offer you anyway. However, there are a lot of people on here that have lost over 100 pounds, had to change bad habits and are very successful, I would listen to these people who know what it takes to loose that weight and also those that have been able stay at a healthy weight after loosing significant weight.

I've already learned to make use of the Ignore button. Perhaps someone who has been able to maintain his or her weight is worth listening to.

And forgive me for being injured and being in a very sedentary condition, as well as an uncommonly fast typist.

Cheers!