Thank you for posting!
  • lacensuch
    lacensuch Posts: 36
    Options
    Amazing and truly inspirational.
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing that! I am balling and totally inspired again!
    Peace!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Dammit. Someone put onions in the video!

That was absolutely awesome - I want to break out the yoga mat now!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. I have been feeling like anything is possible lately. When I get discouraged again, and I will, I will definitely remember Arthur Boorman! What an inspiration!
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Inspirational.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a great story, thanks for sharing :)
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did cry... thanks for sharing.
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    Yes, tears stream down my face!! The human spirit is an amazing gift!!
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was fantastic! I'm so happy he was finally able to walk better again! And he did an amazing job, what perseverance! Thanks for sharing!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Gave me goosebumps :cry:
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I CRIED! :sad:
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

He was working out at home to dvd's. He did this by pushing himself, he chose the risk.

"Dallas was so moved by his story, he began emailing and speaking on the phone with Arthur throughout his journey - he encouraged Arthur to keep going and to believe that anything was possible. Even though doctors told him walking would never happen, Arthur was persistent. He fell many times, but kept going."

"Wow, I want to help this guy." - Dallas.

He was under instruction. The instructor failed to adequately communicate the risk, and even encouraged disregarding it.

Edit: not saying anything isn't possible or that the moves he was doing were always going to be inappropriate for him. i'm all for the 'you can do it' message... i am saying that a man with a broken back standing on his head while his core muscles are still weak is the equivalent of me with hernia mesh and other various operation-holes trying to lift heavy not long after surgery. i don't do it. i do lift, but not heavy yet. i will be able to lift heavy in the future, but right now, while my muscles are weak, to lift heavy would be a major risk of bursting or tearing things.
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    brought tears to my eyes, how amazing :smile:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    WOW just WOW!!!!.. amazing video, thanks a lot for sharing
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    WOW this guy is awesome! The thing that made me cry the most was seeing how happy he was at the end. It shows just how amazing the human body actually is, we shouldn't underestimate the power we all have within us.

We all have different opinions, but this guy obviously felt that he was strong enough to cope with the yoga exercises. He had a very determined face. I say good on him! let's not be negative about the yoga teacher guys, he helped turned this mans life around. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain. And boy did he get what he wanted and MORE!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Wow! Now thats what you call courage and never giving up..

This literally made me cry.. the dedication he had, the amount of times he fell but got back up. This man is stronger than most people I know..

When he started running at the end, that made me feel so much happiness for the man! He deserved all of that!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Made me cry, but it gives me hope.

Me too
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    god that gave me goose bumps!! lovely story!!.x
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thank you - needed that! His running form was unbelieveable!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!