bump
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So very awesome.
  • cmhollis1
    cmhollis1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great video, but for some reason my monitor wine t all blurry at the end. Will have to take it to the shop to get looked at. For another incredibly inspiring video, check out any of the Team Hoyt videos on YouTube (not weight loss related but incredibly powerful).
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    wow... am i the only one who thinks his yoga instructor was being incredibly irresponsible in introducing him to such advanced moves when he could barely stand?

he is incredibly lucky that he did not do himself further serious damage during one of those falls.

as someone who HAS been injured, who spent 2 years with limited mobility, who had 3 surgeries to correct it, and who has recovered without falling over once, i would like to add to this video that recovery is possible without putting someone at high risk of further injury.

i'm angry with the yoga instructors who turned him away, but i'm more angry that this instructor was so arrogant that he put someone else at risk.

when a persons body is broken and your soul is hanging on by a thread yet your spirit is screaming out to live, you dont have much to lose by taking a risk, we all should be so brave as to have the courage to live our lives and not live in fear of taking a chance on change.

let me repeat. I have been injured. I have recovered from a state of limited mobility. I did it entirely risk free. I even used some yoga.

The guy who achieved all this is totally amazing, courageous and inspirational, sure. The yoga instructor was very irresponsible, especially with the amount of entirely safe movements in the general yoga repertoire.

Sorry, I must have missed the part in the video where it documented exactly what his instructor had him doing. The 5 minute video covers a 10 month period. There's no way you can assess whether what he was doing was dangerous at the stage he was at. Stop being such a moany old *kitten*.

Yep, I was just thinking the exact same thing. This video was over a long period of time! I'm sure the guy knew what he was doing.
    I'm sure he didn't try to stand on his head the first week! damn!

But, yes, this made me cry too. Me and my 4 yr. old grandson watched this and the 4 yr. old cheered at the end! So did I.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow! That was awesome. I had to share it on FB. It even made me cry a little.

exercise.png
  • abimom
    abimom Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the video. It is very inspiring. Happy for him. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
  • autihill
    autihill Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!! I did cry, a lot. This is so awesome to see. AND he reminds me of my father (he passed away in 2005) Awesome awesome awesome!!! :happy:
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    OMGosh!! What an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story Aurthur and more importantly, thank you for your service to our country.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have put this in my fb page! Wow awesome! Everytime I watch it I cry lol!
  • miareneec
    miareneec Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That was so encouraging, made me cry, how great
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Truly beautiful!
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    LOVED THIS VIDEO! Thank you =D
  • nicolemariemclovin
    nicolemariemclovin Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    what an inspiration. thank you for sharing!
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That was pretty incredible.

Admittedly, I didn't cry as I have heart of stone, and am immune to songs used commonly on the X Factor to provoke a teary-eyed response, HOWEVER my hat is truly off to the man.

All the hats in fact. All the hats ever made.

Anyone else want to take Arthur out and treat him to his favourite beverage?
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Also... His smile at the end of this video are what rainbows are made of
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing!
  • Tis27
    Tis27 Posts: 16
    Options
    wow, made me cry! what an inspiration! and there was another one too, a woman. look up ddpyoga, it's very interesting! I wish I could get the videos without ordering online, I hate doing that.
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This video just made me cry at work. Literally... So inspiring.
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i got teary eyed at the end when he started running....it was awesome....i will remind myself of him whenever i say i cant do it
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Definitely did make me cry! Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!