Is once in a while ok?

Options
I'm on week two of counting calories and find I'm doing well so far. One of my vices prior to this was Pepsi and not the diet stuff either. My question is this, is it ok to still have one every once in a while? I had one last week and I had one this week, both were allowed in my daily limits of calories/carbs. Before starting this I'd have at least three cans a day! After drinking it I can't say it made me want more, I was able to leave it alone. What do you think?

Replies

• kimcarrier
    kimcarrier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would say yes. As long as you are still losing weight and not overindulging its okay... my 2 cents :)
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    i say ''absolutely''...it's just once in a while. And Congrats for kicking the 3 cans a day habit! Everyone deserves a treat... You're doing Great!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Just log it in your food intake.

I also cut way back. I drank 1 regular coke in the afternoon. I now drink 1 per week.

BTW, Great job.
  • agrzybow
    agrzybow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I say go for it!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    people who try to eliminate things they love often give up in frustration.

have the pepsi.

blessings.
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    As long as it's acounted for in your calories yes. Have you ever taken a cup and measured out the sugar in regular soda?! It's a lot in a can. ts either 10 or 12 teaspoons full!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere. A can a week is not nearly as bad as three a day, and I don't think it will hinder you. I have the occasional can of soda and I know several of my friends do as well.
  • misswhitneyyy
    Options
    Slowly weaning yourself off a beverage is much more effective/successful than going cold turkey. It just doesn't work for some people!
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've come a long ways with it! Good job! I used to drink pop then went made a goal to stop drinking it and it's been 3 years since I've drinken anything carbonated. I feel better since I haven't drinken it but It's definitely a hard habit to break. You sound like you're doing just fine with control.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Stay under your calories......Hit your protein goal (1g / 1lb LBM).....hit your fat goal (.35g / lb) .......Fill in the rest with whatever....Enjoy.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    perfectly fine, I've even eased up on my perfectionism lately to allow a can of coke here and there. Usually on days I exercise because I don't each back all of my calories. Ideally you should find a healthy snack to take its place because a coke has zero nutritional value to your day but in the end, yes it's perfectly okay to have one so long as you aren't downing a 64oz monster from the gas station or something.
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think it's unwise NOT to treat yourself once in a while. A can of pepsi a week might keep you from getting frustrated and giving up completely. Go for it!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    people who try to eliminate things they love often give up in frustration.

have the pepsi.

blessings.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    If it's in your calories and keeps you from going crazy, absolutely! :)
  • bethb03
    bethb03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies, I just didn't want to possibly sabotage myself so early in the new lifestyle!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Give yourself another 3 weeks of being completely soda free and it won't be appealing anymore. Eventually they don't even taste good either.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories, absolutely!

I'll even go far as to say it's ok to go over your calories once in a while. You'll still lose.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING is okay in moderation. If you really want something have a little bit of it. A can of pepsi now and then wont derail your diet
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't do it, you will fail your diet!!!!

Totally kidding
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yes of course