Female Body Types

Options
keiraev
keiraev Posts: 695 Member
@ the Ladies

I found this really interesting questionnaire online which is quite detailed in helping you determine your body type and where you are more likely to store fat.

http://www.liverdoctor.com/index.php?page=body-type

Apparently I am 69% Gynaeoid (pear/hourglass shapes) and 31% Lymphatic (apple) which was good to know as I always thought I am a bit of both as I carry weight mainly on my lower half but in the last few years my belly started become a problem. I also strangely have very slim wrists but thick ankles.

I had no idea for example that Gynaeoids had the most natural amount of oestrogen and should therefore avoid non organic meat and dairy products as all that extra oestrogen present in those foods goes straight to our bum and thighs! Same goes for sugar too unfortunately- I think I am going to have to reassess what I am eating to an extent as although I am maintaining my weight my problem areas are still problem areas and no amount of exercise isn't going to get rid of them unless the diet is right:frown:

Replies

• mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump for checking out later :smile:
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I'm a gynaeoid type and seriously need help with getting this weight off! Thank you again and good luck on your weight loss! :D x
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I have to check later but I assume im whatecer they have that corresponds to 0 curves.
  • midato
    midato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Either way you gals are all beautiful, now for stratigic dieting awesome as well, I wonder if there is a dudes body type thingy.
  • ChristinaOlliver
    ChristinaOlliver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 61% gynaeoid and 39% lymphatic!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Gynaeoid: 47%

Lymphatic: 43%

The sketch lof the Gynaeoid ooks EXACTLY as I do when I gain weight. Very cool
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    100% Gynaeoid :P But I don't know I agree with that.
    I will say that while this is an interesting and informative way to characterize female bodies... But It doesn't mean you need to eat or exercise differently. You can't control where you will gain (or store) fat, your predisposition to musculature (or not), or other genetic factors.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    "Do you have fat puffy arms?"

WTF is this. These questions are ridiculous. "Curvy womanly type"??
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

can you work like a man?
    well, why would i do that when i can work just as hard like a woman?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

On a scale of "very fat" to "mannish" how fat are you?
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    All I had to see to know this was crap was the cure endometriosis naturally link.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, 73% thyroid for me, but i could have told them that by reading the description! And why the hell is it called 'thyroid'?

Also, that quiz made my eyes hurt :noway:
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    very interesting. bump
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Hah. 91% android.

I feel like I belong in Star Trek.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Can't say I was very impressed. Ambiguous questions, redundant questions, and it was difficult to fill out because of the layout. The site claimed that I'd left fields empty and I hadn't.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Thyroid all the way. Whatever that means.
  • msue482
    msue482 Posts: 55
    Options
    63% Android. I thought it was funny that it said "They may be told that they resemble their fathers or brothers and yet these women are very attractive and glow with health."

Agh, all throughout childhood people would tell me this because of my "larger" frame and legs.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Either way you gals are all beautiful, now for stratigic dieting awesome as well, I wonder if there is a dudes body type thingy.

Awe....a man who knows what to say!!! Your dude body looks very good so you probably don't need the dude body thingy, lol :smile:
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options

That is a really nice thing to say............ Most men wouldn't.........