Out of the mouths of babes...

Options
1235»

Replies

• jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My son at the age of 3 would walk next door to his cousins' house. He would knock on the door, and whenever they said "Who is it?" he would always say "Come in!" He is now 20 and does not remember that at all!
  • maglodee
    maglodee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My son gave me a big hug the other day and said "Wow, Mom, your tummy is getting smaller!"

Awww...thanks, Honey!

Then he added "Now, you need to work on your bingo wings!"

Truth hurts....
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I love the kids..

one day the now oldest * about 5 and 6 at the time were trying to get into the snack cupboards , Drew the boy said to Dresden " here get on my back and I will give you a caboost..

my daughter at 6 one day told me to stop playing a round' was I being serious... or sofish 'eatsus.

* fictitious bahahaha. :D gotta love them..

OHHH the best*

we took my daughter to a casting directors office because they were looking for some new actresses.. she was no more than 3 and she was picked to go in another room and do an audition where she could watch herself on the TV well.. she was just starting to sing Twinkle little star .and Andrew her baby brother was by her and was just like hanging out and noticed himself on the screen..
    so he kept like dodging in front of her ..

out of nowhere she gets to the end and instead of saying twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are she shoves him super hard he goes flying doesn't miss a beat in the song and says " I KNOW WHAT I AM".. ahhh after my own heart she is.. :D
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I was sat in the car with my 6 year old nephew when he spotted my painted nails. His reaction was "Are you mad?". He still doesn't understand why anyone would want to paint their finger nails!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old was trying to be complimentary and told me that "If that line wasn't there, you'd only have ONE chin now" :-)
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    When my son was learning to talk, he could not say toothpaste.

Me :"say tooth"
    son: "tooth"
    Me "say paste"
    son "paste"
    Me "say toothpaste"
    son "poo taste:"
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My kids were watching Happy Feet earlier today and my almost 5 yr old daughter was singing "Jump and Groove" only problem was that she was singing it as "Jump on Boobies, Jump on Boobies". LOL don't ask she makes up some really crazy songs.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Posted this on my wall earlier. I substitute teach and this was super awkward today. A 4th grader came up and said, "Ms G, do people come from eggs or seeds? My mom taught me about the birds and the bees, but some of these guys are saying we come from seeds." Oh. Em. Gee.

I said eggs, thinking that would be the end of things, but a kid yelled over to me, "I didn't hatch from no egg!" Took me a while to get them settled down and avoid the subject, but finally got them to re-focus on their math, haha.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My daughter isn't old enough to say anything funny, but... when my sister was about 3 or 4 my parents were going to the rodeo. While driving down a two lane highway, where there is a canal on one side & sugar cane on the other, my sister blurts out OMG LOOK THAT THE GORILLA BY THE CANAL!!! (This was an african american person. Now, we have never been racist, and never have said derogitory things about people from different backgrounds) And my mom's mouth dropped when she said that.