INSANITY - Support Group

Options
My subject header sounds so sad, but not meant to be!

I am on day 4 of insanity and just finished Pure Cardio this morning. Shaun T is right, that *kitten* was BANANAS!

I know I need a support group, so If you feel like you do too, please join this group!

I did have a question:

My body feels.. swollen? large? Does that make sense? My entire body is sore, in places I didn't think existed. Will this 'swelling' feeling go away eventually? I'm assuming after all of the intense workouts to come, my body has to acclimate, right? please say yes.
I know I am not eating enough - I track my calories and I barely hit 1200, however, I'm not hungry, do I really need to eat more?

Thanks y'all!

Replies

• Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes it's intense. I'm on my four week next week will be recovery then start month 2. That one is a beast for real. Keep at it. Im on my second round of insanity.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity on Monday and have a feeling I am going to need all the support I can get :laugh: :laugh: Feel free to add me as a friend. I struggle with the same thing you do...not eating enough but I am getting better.

Lisa
  • jenngarza
    jenngarza Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im on week 2 day 5 and I am still sore LOL so you are not alone.
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hey for insanity yes you do need to eat more for something that intense and as for the swollen feeling yes it will go away after a few days just push through it your limbs will probably feel numb and extremely sore. just take it one day at a time it will get easier after a while. :) good luck!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've completed insantity a couple months ago and I think I'm going back for seconds! Feel free to add me for support!
  • Donna_DiGiacomo80
    Donna_DiGiacomo80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's insane and never gets any easier because you push yourself harder everytime. LOVE IT! The swollen part does such. I'm finishing the first week of the 2nd month. My issues with being swollen started to go away around week 3 of the first month, but I'm back to SWOLLEN. haha Hang in there!
  • Donna_DiGiacomo80
    Options
    Thank you! Glad to at least know that's 'normal'!
    It's only been a week for me but my body is starting to crave these workouts. Crazy!
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 day 10 tonight. I am finally not feeling as sore after my workouts. I still feel it afterwards, just not as severe! :laugh:

My legs, expecially my calves feel swollen and feel like they have grown :noway: I am thinking maybe they are holding onto water from the intensity? I don't know lol just a thought. I sure hope it goes away. I would like to wear my skinny jeans agains. They fit before starting insanity, now they don't, way to tight on my legs :angry:

I am so much stronger already, so I have to keep using that as my motivator to keep going and not become frustrated that my legs feel swollen.

Anyone else have thoughts on legs swelling or has had this happen?

Do I need to consume more water to help with water retention or is this just a side effect from the intense workouts that will go away once my body adapts. I do insanity as the program prescribes, 6 days on 1 day off, however, last night I missed cardio recovery, Grrr just has NO time! and woke up late this morning.
  • cbart2818
    Options
    It's insane and never gets any easier because you push yourself harder everytime. LOVE IT! The swollen part does such. I'm finishing the first week of the 2nd month. My issues with being swollen started to go away around week 3 of the first month, but I'm back to SWOLLEN. haha Hang in there!

Glad to know it is not just me that is swollen....just a pain when the majority of my jeans are now tight on my legs... GRRR Ah well.... stronger is better!! I am going to start walking more to see if it helps.
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    I am on week 2 day 5 of Insanity... It is very intense and even though my body is so sore it does get easier and I feel much better! I have not tried to wear smaller pants to see if the swelling thing has happened to me but I am sure it will go away! It does get easier so don't give up you can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend... :)
  • Donna_DiGiacomo80
    Options
    This is exactly how I feel! I feel like clothes that once fit me, no longer fit. :sad:
    I will not jump on the scale until the first month is over. I feel like I haven't really stuck through any workout program, so i'm trying to give this a solid shot and doing it by the book. Good luck to you all!

I am on week 2 day 10 tonight. I am finally not feeling as sore after my workouts. I still feel it afterwards, just not as severe! :laugh:

My legs, expecially my calves feel swollen and feel like they have grown :noway: I am thinking maybe they are holding onto water from the intensity? I don't know lol just a thought. I sure hope it goes away. I would like to wear my skinny jeans agains. They fit before starting insanity, now they don't, way to tight on my legs :angry:

I am so much stronger already, so I have to keep using that as my motivator to keep going and not become frustrated that my legs feel swollen.

Anyone else have thoughts on legs swelling or has had this happen?

Do I need to consume more water to help with water retention or is this just a side effect from the intense workouts that will go away once my body adapts. I do insanity as the program prescribes, 6 days on 1 day off, however, last night I missed cardio recovery, Grrr just has NO time! and woke up late this morning.
  • cbart2818
    Options
    This is exactly how I feel! I feel like clothes that once fit me, no longer fit. :sad:
    I will not jump on the scale until the first month is over. I feel like I haven't really stuck through any workout program, so i'm trying to give this a solid shot and doing it by the book. Good luck to you all!

I am with out, I am not even worrying about the scale now. Of course I still watch what I eat so I don't over eat. I do step on the scale once an awhile, just because its a habit, but I certainly don't get discouraged when it is staying put, or goes up a little. As long as I am not over eating, I know it is just my body working its self out, plus I can feel myself getting stronger, which was my main goal for starting this program in the first place. Wasn't about loosing weight from it.

I was quite slightly active before Insanity, I would interval jog/walk a couple times a week and walk. Certainly NOTHING with this much intense cardio. So my body is probably thinking..... WTH!!

Certainly don't give up.... I do crave these workouts now and I used to HATE home dvd's. I have about 10 different varieties and I have done a few maybe once or twice. So I am quite happy that I am sticking with it.
  • kstocker05
    kstocker05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on week 1 day 5 today. I will do pure cardio when I get home from work. I don't know that I feel swolen in any paticular area but my legs are on fire all day long. Is anyone else doing any other exercising while doing this program?
  • Donna_DiGiacomo80
    Options
    I just purchased "exhale/Core Fusion®" 30 day sculpt. It is a lot of pilates/yogalates movements with 3 or 5 pound weights, I feel like I need some weight traning...

It got rave reviews, I will let you know how it is if you'd like..
    I am on week 1 day 5 today. I will do pure cardio when I get home from work. I don't know that I feel swolen in any paticular area but my legs are on fire all day long. Is anyone else doing any other exercising while doing this program?
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and get in atleast 3-4 day's of strength (evening) using what I learned through P90X thankfully I have a good memory :)
  • MonicaWalls
    MonicaWalls Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a beast but it's worth the results! Do you guys have coaches giving you help with questions or support? You should, it's a free service provided by beachbody. My husband and I work for beachbody and have a health/fitness group for anyone to join! If you would like some motivation and help with any questions you may have along the way just send me a message and let me know or add me as a friend on Facebook! Www.facebook.com/Monica.walls3 I look forward to hearing how your workouts are going!
  • monicatomasi
    Options
    So I did Insanity for 10 days a couple of months ago and I could feel my body metamorphosis so fast! I might just start it up again because it got me feeling so good. The only issue for me is that I don't want to get stronger I already am hella buff, I just want to loose 30 lbs. I am not sure what to do?
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My legs and thighs hurt. I think I can relate sort of to the swollen feelings, but TOM is coming to town in a couple too so it could be that are both. IDK. I am Day 3, Day 4 tmrw. I am thinking of adding in 40 minute morning Zumba workouts so I can hopefully make the scale and inches move some. Havent weighed yet nor measured, kinda dont want to lol. Its tough and hard both emotionally and physically. But I know it's going to be worth it, hopefully :ohwell:
  • bbcoachcory
    bbcoachcory Posts: 31
    Options
    The key for losing the weight is cardio and nutrition nutrition nutrition. As they say abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. Make sure you are eating the healthy way. I have a supprt group going for people that are doing beachbody programs if you want to join us on facebook.