INSANITY - Support Group

Options

Replies

• quintter
    Options
    I am on insanity Day 6. Phew!! Glad to see a group on here... I am literally working my butt off. At 380lbs not hard to do!! I lost almost 8 lbs last week and people are already noticing a difference. I love it so far... Feel free to add me!!

Would love some friends for support!
  • soumbos
    soumbos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Insanity, as well as P90X and Asylum. I'm currently doing a P90X/Asylum hyrbrid. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • soumbos
    soumbos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's phenomenal. I highly recommend it. Feel free to throw me a friend request if you want any info on my experience with it :)
  • meag6
    meag6 Posts: 1
    Options
    love insanity and highly recommend it
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ok, sound dumb here, but.................what is insanity? The out of your mind sort I know but this is different,lol??????????????

thanks
  • Apix
    Apix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to have found this board. Here I am about ready to quit after my 4th week because I've gained 3 pounds and all skin feels tight. So glad to hear others have had this problem with gaining weight and muscle soreness. I will keep pushing on. Month 2 here I come!
  • Donna_DiGiacomo80
    Donna_DiGiacomo80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Did you finish Month 2, what were your end results?

I think I want to start Insanity again, anyone starting Week One again?
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 9 of Insanity, this is so hard but I want results and am pushing myself to get them. Feel free to add me as a friend! I am a mother of 4, I gained 10lbs with each kid so it is time to shed all the extra weight and get back in shape! I realized the other day that my weight was not far off how heavy I was when I delivered baby number one 10 years ago.
  • jabrock9
    Options
    You can add me too. Currently on week 2, day 4. I don't do this program everyday, more like 3 times a week because I like constant variety. I do workout 6 days a week though. I need all the motivation I can get. TIA
  • katie_stangel
    Options
    I'm starting insanity this week. I scared I won't be able to stick with it, so I'm just looking for any support/ tips that you all may have! Thanks! I'll check back after I've started. We can do this!
  • thegingerpirate
    thegingerpirate Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 right now and it is ROUGH lol. My body now actually want the work out though so it's easier to push myself into doing it. My calves have changed so much so quickly, and I think I'm already starting to see it in my thighs.
    I didn't lose any weight in the first week and a half or so, but now that my body is adjusting I think the scale is starting to move. Also, even though I didn't lose weight at first, I could see a small difference in my tape and posture.
    One more thing, even though I'm not as hungry, I've realized that my body really does need a little extra now.

edited to add: Anyone can feel free to add me! I love motivating and being motivated!
  • ljimom01
    Options
    Hello Katie,
    I saw you were starting Insanity. Not sure if you are interested- but i have an awesome support group of other beachbody enthusiasts On FB who are determined to get results and earn their t-shirts. We share physical and nutritional tips - and then the end celebrate eachother earning our t-shirts. Great place to build friendships among others completing the program. Would you like to join us? Again this is a FB group. If you would like to join us feel free to send me a Facebook friend request there along with an email with your Myfitnesspal name - and then i can add you to the group. My name on Facebook is Teresa CoachRamirez.
  • ljimom01
    Options
    Hello Insaniacs!!
    I saw you were doing insanity and wanted to see how you are liking the progrm. Are you seeing the results you wanted? Not sure if you are interested- but i have an awesome support group of other beachbody enthusiasts On FB who are determined to get results and earn their t-shirts. We share physical and nutritional tips - and then the end celebrate eachother earning our t-shirts. Great place to build friendships among others completing the program. Would you like to join us? Again this is a FB group. If you would like to join us feel free to send me a Facebook friend request there along with an email with your Myfitnesspal name - and then i can add you to the group. My name on Facebook is Teresa CoachRamirez.
  • llenus
    llenus Posts: 1
    Options
    Im getting slightly frustrated with my results even though i LOVE insanity! I mean i feel great and i feel stronger but has anyone had trouble losing inches/weight in the first weeks? i have improved my diet as well.
  • lacochran
    Options
    Today is month 1, day 6 for me and so far so good. I bought it second hand off Amazon so I won't be getting the t-shirt but if I get the results, I'll be more than happy. :) My calves feel a little tight/swollen. It may be because I'm doing the workouts barefoot--I don't have cross trainers and the running shoes I have are a bit clunky for all the side to side action. But I think, since I have no foot pain, it's probably all the squats and such. I really felt it after the "recovery" day. I've upped my protein, continue to track everything on myfitnesspal (accountability!!!), and am so far down 2 pounds. :) I am enjoying the workouts. I can't do everything but am pushing myself to get my heart rate up and do 'as much as I can as hard as I can for as long as I can'. :) Sean T is amazing! He is inspiring in what he says but also in just looking at him! :) Good luck to all!

As for tracking Insanity, I've been logging it under calisthenics.
  • adztommo
    adztommo Posts: 1
    Options
    i am on week two day 8, the first week was gruelling very hard, i am eating healthily not following the specific diet plan, i am taking maximuscle promax diet shakes one in the morning and one after the excercise, does anyone know if this will work, i currently try to eat around 1700 calories a day which would include the shakes? does anybody else think it's a good idea? and it will it help to lose weight?
  • DawnBunnyBrown
    Options
    Hi,

I am only on day 5....Do you notice any changes in your body? Are you losing inches? Thanks..
  • Donna_DiGiacomo80
    Donna_DiGiacomo80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing insanity (well, i pepper in the cardio discs) anymore but I am doing Jillian Michaels body revolution, and am having the same results. I am gaining weight. :/

I know that you need to build muscle before you can lose the fat, but its still discouraging. I am on day 9.

Feel great, just frustrated.
  • yanena878
    yanena878 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ok I'm starting this tomorrow morning I feel like a support group is much needed for me Feeling Determined I want results!!!
  • NYCGIRL928
    Options
    I am a beachbody coach and currently 9 days away from finishing the insanity program. I will more than likely continue onto asylum in July. These programs are a killer, so if anyone needs help getting through it, feel free to message/add me for support.