Anyone trying to lose about 40 pounds?

Options

Replies

• SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 40 pounds but I've gained 50 pounds over the past 20 years.

I've set my goal at 1 pound per week with moderate exercise three times per week and so far so good at 7 pounds in 7 weeks.

It took me a long time to gain the weight so devoting one year to losing it seems reasonable as I don't want to gain it back!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! ...but isnt just a bonus you will look stunning at your wedding!?
  • nluera07
    nluera07 Posts: 14
    Options
    My goal was to lose 60. I have lost 23 so have about 40 left to lose. I would also like others on the same journey as myself. :-)
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Btw... I am not trying to lose the weight for the wedding. I am actually losing it so I can have healthier pregnancies later on.

^^^ This, exactly why I'm here. Trying to get fit and healthy before we start trying for a family. Best of luck.
  • anthrfosh11
    anthrfosh11 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am 24 as well.

I am looking to lose 40 - 80 pounds

I would love to be friends :)
  • bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose 40+ pounds too! Im 19 years old and may need motivation as well. Feel free to add me :D
  • messe_jesse
    messe_jesse Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 45 - 50 lbs. I've already lost 18 lbs and it's only been two months. I work out 3 - 5 days a week and try to keep my calories under 1600 per day. So far so good.

Add me if you like.
  • MelanieKaye1s
    MelanieKaye1s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have about 45 pounds to lose! I have three kids ages 1,9 and 11. between my middle child and my baby, I lost 60 pounds!!! Now I have to do it AGAIN! I am findin out that its harder the second time around. I need encouragement also! :)
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Me Me Me i don't have a reason just to be healthy so 40 is my goal.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    :wink: this gal! And I plan to do it all this month
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Have Lost 45... Did it in 6 months..... worked out 6 days a week and ate clean.... low on the processed food.... other than that just focused on one day at a time not a big goal.... today I will eat good.... today I will move...... good luck

I love this ....and sometimes it's 'one meal at a time" or "five minutes exercise at a time".
  • rstendie
    rstendie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am trying very hard to lose about 40lbs. I have two kids and the weight crept up and I have made up my mind to make it go away for good! You can do it! Persistance is key!!
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have about 60lbs left to lose you're in good company here, congrats on your upcoming wedding :)
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    RIGHT NOW MY GOAL IS ABOUT 40 PDS, SO THAT I CAN BE MORE HEALTHIER.. YOU MORE THAN WELCOME TO ADD ME! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR GOALS :flowerforyou:
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Marrying in October as well! Love the Fall. And 45 more lbs to go...!
  • reginasean
    reginasean Posts: 7
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 150 pounds but you can add me to your friends list. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I have been married for 18 years in August and we started out as best friends and have been together for 24 years! Such an exciting time for you right now!
  • iRunNewYork
    iRunNewYork Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am too! I was 240 .. Now Im Down To 180 .. And Need About 40 More To Get In The Healthy Range :)
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you would like. I need to lose a little more than 40. I need friends who encourage and not criticize.
  • nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I don't necessarily have an end goal weight but I definitely want to get back to my peak running shape.
  • ElijahsMom08
    ElijahsMom08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I've been on here 25 days or so. I've lost 3 lbs since starting MFP, and and looking to lose between 30-40lbs. I'm 26 and have a 4 year old son. My weight has kind of been up and down the past few years, but since joining MFP I've been more motivated and been really good with my exercising and watching what I eat. Right now I'm almost done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and half way through her 6 week 6 pack, woooo!!!

Anyone, feel free to add me <3 Would love some more motivation <3