Buy a Bike or Get a Tattoo???

Options
So I received a cash gift from a family member who said I have to use it on myself. Easy enough!! :) I have always wanted a bike and now the kids are getting good at theirs I would feel comfortable having one! Plus I need something to crosstrain with since I am running. BUT I found a picture of this tree that I want a tattoo of. It has alot of meaning for me, all that Ive been through this year with the divorce plus what I have/will be going through as I am training for a half marathon. Basically it will be about my own strength etc. I feel like this is my one chance to get the tattoo with this extra money.

Which should I get?????

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    It's truly up to you...but I'd get the tat. You can always go to the gym and use a stationary bike or buy one pretty cheap. But the tat is a symbol of what you've been through and what you plan to acheive. I have a triquetra on my neck and plan on getting an eagle with Isaiah 40:31 on my right shoulder blade later this year.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    man i thought we were talking about motorcycles here. lame.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yup, I would have to go with that tattoo as well....make sure and send pics if you do!!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Tattoo :smile:
  • JLEC77
    JLEC77 Posts: 9
    Options
    Which should I get?????
    [/quote]

Could you split the money between the two and save the rest for each until you have enough to get both? The bike will help you with your cardio marathon training...
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    So I received a cash gift from a family member who said I have to use it on myself. Easy enough!! :) I have always wanted a bike and now the kids are getting good at theirs I would feel comfortable having one! Plus I need something to crosstrain with since I am running. BUT I found a picture of this tree that I want a tattoo of. It has alot of meaning for me, all that Ive been through this year with the divorce plus what I have/will be going through as I am training for a half marathon. Basically it will be about my own strength etc. I feel like this is my one chance to get the tattoo with this extra money.

Which should I get?????

Get the tattoo!!! You'll use it for inspiration as you continue on in life's journey. I got a butterfly on the inside of my right ankle as my reward to myself for surviving 20 years of marriage in 2001, and I've NEVER regretted it!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy: :happy:
    BTW....... the marriage is now at 27+ years and better now than it was at 20 years!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'd get the bike!

But you should get whichever one you won't figure out how without using this money. I.E., spend it on the thing you wouldn't buy for yourself anyway later on.
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Go for the TATOO!! Since it is very meaningful for you and this year has been so important in blossoming you into the person that you are.... I double vote for tatoo. : )
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Here's a fun and wild idea. You could pay off some debt. Or maybe put it in savings. Maybe invest it.
    I dunno, I'm a nut like that.
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    man i thought we were talking about motorcycles here. lame.

LOL:laugh:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Since I have 8 tattoos and no bike, I'm gonna say tattoo! :laugh:
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Here's a fun and wild idea. You could pay off some debt. Or maybe put it in savings. Maybe invest it.
    I dunno, I'm a nut like that.

XSarge,
    Silly guy......... she said that the gift had a stipulation that she had to spend it on herself... :laugh:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Get the Bike, I am going to purchase my bike tommorrow Om off, Im so excited cant wait, I feel like a big kid, Im ready to get these thunders thighs in check.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You guys are totally not a good influence LOL

Such a hard decision:sad:
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    I like tattooss!!!!!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    228898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Get the Tattoo! ... and buy a used bike! That way you can have both!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Tattoo -

Funny I want a bike and a new tatto as well can't afford either one
    :sad:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say bike.

You'll get stronger legs/smaller butt/fresh air & making memories with the kids! :drinker:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I've got lots of tattoos and a bike.
    It depends on which means the most to you.
    One thing i am learning... with weight loss... tattoos shift and change, so.... be prepared for that.
    I used to LOVE my bike, but got out of practice... so it sits in the shop.

None of us can/should make the decision for you. It's yours to make based of your personal desires.... the artwork won't change... it will still be there say... when you hit goal.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    ooohhhh, tuff one!

first thought was tat (i got one after going thru a bunch of personal poop) because it will remind you of yourself today, where you have come from and where you are going...

BUT after hearing how they shift and change, maybe after you drop the rest of your weight it should be your reward. who knows, maybe you will improve on the design and make it even more meaningful!

either way, keep us posted! :flowerforyou: :drinker: