Buy a Bike or Get a Tattoo???

Options
2»

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say bike.

You'll get stronger legs/smaller butt/fresh air & making memories with the kids! :drinker:

I agree
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Go for a tattoo if it's meaningful to you. I got my when I turned 25 after my grams passed away. Just remember it's forever and additive to some so I've hear.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Go for the tattoo. Cross train with strength training. Don't worry about the tat shift, the tiny bit of weight you have left to get to goal wont shift it anyways.

Get the tat and I'll know who you are then at the 1/2 in Philly!!! :glasses:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i agree with the majority. get a tattoo and buy a cheap used bike on craigslist. :flowerforyou:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    TATTOO!! :tongue:
  • souchie
    souchie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Go for the tat, to justify spending the money you earned might make it difficult to actually part with, ,,for an item you might later see as being a luxury (the tat). Whereas, spending your hard earned cash on a bike for exercise might seem like a necessity, and parted with a little easier....then maybe you can get both without feeling so guilty!

Make sure it's some place you won't regret....and be aware, it takes a few minutes, and I don't care what people say,...it hurts!
  • d2rala
    d2rala Posts: 54
    Options
    I have to say go for the bike.
    I have a cheap bike from Target, and it's just not as comfortable of a ride as I would like. If I had the extra cash, I would have gone for the upgrade.
    I'd save the tat until I got to my body goal.
    Just an opinion
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Here's a fun and wild idea. You could pay off some debt. Or maybe put it in savings. Maybe invest it.
    I dunno, I'm a nut like that.

XSarge,
    Silly guy......... she said that the gift had a stipulation that she had to spend it on herself... :laugh:

what making a credit card payment isn't a purchase? :yawn:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    BUY A BIKE!!!! Oh sorry, didnt mean to yell!!

:laugh:

I love my bike!!:glasses:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    OK, I have got the killer idea.

How about a bike with your tat sticker on it! Killer!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Absolutely no question... it's all about the bike.
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    My reward when I get to my goal weight will be a tattoo of an anchor & rope on my side. It has a lot of symbolic meaning in many aspects of my life, so I know exactly what you mean about the tree!My vote is for the tattoo!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    trees have such great inspiration to them, i love them mainly because of the relation to darwin and variation...the strongest branches don't break off, they bloom, and provide new life. :smile:

i say get the tattoo!!!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but a tat won't get you fit or healthy...buy the bike.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Make sure it's some place you won't regret....and be aware, it takes a few minutes, and I don't care what people say,...it hurts!

Yes, they hurt while they're being done, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. :laugh:
    I've heard it depends a lot on where you get it done; less flesh underneath = more pain. I also agree about thinking long and hard about WHERE you put it - like it or not we all shift/sag as we age and some places on the body just aren't going to stay the same, no matter how much you work out! Mine's on the inside of an ankle - that's an area that's never going to change drastically throught the years. A tat is something only YOU can do for YOU......:wink: Anybody can help you get a bike....
  • heathcox
    heathcox Posts: 22
    Options
    man i thought we were talking about motorcycles here. lame.

Me too. I thought...duh, get the bike! :laugh:

I'd say get the tattoo!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Here's a fun and wild idea. You could pay off some debt. Or maybe put it in savings. Maybe invest it.
    I dunno, I'm a nut like that.

Oh, you're no fun!! :tongue: Don't listen to this guy, I TRIPPLE vote for the tattoo!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Tattoo is cool - but BE SURE you see work from whoever is doing it - not just generic samples THEIR own work before you do it.....

I would go with the bike - with it, you're sharing your thirst for health with your kids too....and I have a tattoo....been there done that and sometimes wish I wouldn't have.