Ode to Greek Yogurt

Options
I just got a container of Chobani Greek Plain yogurt.

OMG
Its CREAMY, thick, FAT FREE!!!, no gross liquid at the top when I open it, adopts whatever flavor you want it to, can be eaten as a snack, dessert, or condiment. Wow.

It is more expensive than I would like it to be. Normally expensive would be a deal breaker, but because it is so thick I dont think I could eat an entire portion of it in one sitting like I can with regular plain yogurt. The cost may actually even out.

Replies

• WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Lol I love my chobani
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I've only had Greek yogurt once...
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    It is really like everything I ever wanted yogurt to be. lol
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The Oikos Brand is even creamier, LOL..you'll think you died and went to heaven :)
  • Shyster2005
    Shyster2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. I think Fage is even better than Chobani.
  • saturnine15
    Options
    Oh man, like I said, expensive is generally a deal breaker. Oikos and Fage are sooooo much higher priced. If I can manage to make this container of Chobani last, I will justify spending the extra on the other two.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My ode to Greek Yogurt...

Oh beast of beasts,
    How art thou so foul?
    From the depths of Hades you escaped.
    To unleash the Titan's
    fury upon man.
    Oh, Greek Yogurt, how I hate thee.

Heehee. :)
  • saturnine15
    Options
    I thought about writing a poem, but, alas, I am talentless. :(
  • KCMinn
    KCMinn Posts: 20
    Options
    I LOVE Chobani! Eat it every single day! When my supply starts to dwindle I freak out and have to get more right away! ;)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hmm...the price must be regional. For me, Oikos is cheaper :)
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    My local grocery store FINALLY started carrying chobani, but they almost never have my favorite flavors (mango and peach). I use the plain or vanilla with fruit, in mashed sweet potatos, and in my overnight oats. I never liked yogurt (and still don't care for it on its own except peach, mango or lemon flavored), but I'm at least a partial convert.
  • mpizzle421
    mpizzle421 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Why does fat free matter?
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Try the Black Cherry. Me & my sister in-law both commented that we wanted to lick out the container! How can anything soooo good be good for you? Better than ice cream!
  • mariobadr
    mariobadr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's easy to make Greek Yogurt/Labneh at home! Here's a guide to making it from plain yogurt:

http://theshiksa.com/2011/08/23/how-to-strain-yogurt/

Google for a guide to make plain yogurt out of milk, and then all you really need to have is milk. Milk + a day later = Greek Yogurt! :)
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, as far as price, Sam's Club has it by the case, mixed flavors, for much cheaper!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Oh beast of beasts,
    How art thou so foul?
    To unleash the Titan's
    fury upon man.

LOL! I love yogurt and hate Greek yogurt. The texture is so off-putting to me. But, I use it in my protein shakes, and it really cuts down on the sweetness and makes it more palatable. I also like my Greek yogurt Jalapeno dip - IMO, savory applications are better than the sweet ones.
  • saturnine15
    Options
    Why does fat free matter?
    I have tried different ways of losing weight and keeping my fat intake low is when I feel best. This stuff is so creamy at fat free that I don't feel im missing out on any better flavor with more fat content.
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Oh beast of beasts,
    How art thou so foul?
    To unleash the Titan's
    fury upon man.

agreed!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options

Oh beast of beasts,
    How art thou so foul?
    To unleash the Titan's
    fury upon man.

LOL! I love yogurt and hate Greek yogurt. The texture is so off-putting to me. But, I use it in my protein shakes, and it really cuts down on the sweetness and makes it more palatable. I also like my Greek yogurt Jalapeno dip - IMO, savory applications are better than the sweet ones.

I also am NOT a fan of greek yogurt....but i have tried multiple brands and using it different ways because I dont get enough protein...

favorites : TRADER JOE'S and oikos

i mix it in smoothies and pair it with granola.... niether of these are that disgusting thick that I hated in chobani and so many others
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    They sell big tubs of Fage at Costco....it's really cheap and delish! I mix half a scoop of protein powder in it with frozen blueberries or blackberries and then sprinkle pumpkin flax granola on top...let it sit for an hour or so and the granola turns into almost a cobbler topping. Soooo yummy!