To unleash the Titan's
    fury upon man.
    Oh, Greek Yogurt, how I hate thee.

Heehee. :)

Agreed. It's vile.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Tried it but it is nasty. It is way too sour and tastes like sour cream.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Chobani is my FAVORITE!
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    The cost does even out. I only buy one 500g container/week whereas the other types, I bought 2, 750ml containers at 1/2 the price.
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    The cost does even out. I only buy one 500g container/week whereas the other types, I bought 2, 750ml containers at 1/2 the price.
    That is what I was doing. The regular plain stuff is far less filling.
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    Oh man, like I said, expensive is generally a deal breaker. Oikos and Fage are sooooo much higher priced. If I can manage to make this container of Chobani last, I will justify spending the extra on the other two.
    sometimes the more expensive ones have higher protein so you don't need as much. I don't know about the protein in the brand that you bought however I noticed the protein level is higher in some greek yogurts than others
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    Why does fat free matter?
    The fat free greek yogurt has 18g of protein per serving but the higher fat ones don't.
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    OMG you HAVE to try Fage. It's to die for. My local Kroger sells it in the organic/natural section.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos is my choice of breakfast on most mornings.... all but the plain flavor. Plain is flat-out disgusting.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Tried it but it is nasty. It is way too sour and tastes like sour cream.

Add some Splenda and about 20 blueberries, raspberries or blackberries and then see what you think. I thought the same thing at first. It's life saver now.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the greek yogurt either as it isn't sweet enough for me
  • wrenbird
    wrenbird Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do LOVE my greek yogurt. I eat it 3-4 times a week. My latest reward food is Ben n Jerry's frozen greek yogurt. Oh my! The banana peanut butter one is amazing! Yesterday I bought the blueberry vanilla and the raspberry chocolate. It's a little high in sugar, so I eat it in moderation. 1/2 cup at a time.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love the plain stuff, either PC or Oikos, with fresh fruit like strawberries and raspberries. Delicious and filling. :smile:
  • DivaDiane
    DivaDiane Posts: 73
    Options
    Love my non-fat plain Greek yogurt. Fage, Chobani, Oikos, Kirkland (at Costco). I buy which one's cheapest
    at the store that day.

I add a little honey and a bit of pure vanilla extract when I want it sweetened (with fruit/granola, etc.).
    I also use it in place of sour cream for eating and all recipes calling for sour cream.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Lol I love my chobani

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! So many uses and sooo delicious, .... looks like the secret its out!
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Oikos is awesome! A little pricey but worth it. (plain or vanilla)
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This stuff is too good. The only thing I always hated about fat free yogurt was the fact that it was runny. I like my yogurt so thick you can stand a spoon upright in it. I used to have to save that for "special treats" with Liberte Mediterranee (in many flavours, but with MANY calories). Now, I can have as much as I like (fat free), and fewer calories, and I prefer it to ice cream! I, too, look for whatever is cheapest at the store that day...
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos is my choice of breakfast on most mornings.... all but the plain flavor. Plain is flat-out disgusting.

I love key lime and cherry!!!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Haiku:

Hellinic foray
    delve delectably deeper
    this dairy delight.
  • quink77
    quink77 Posts: 91
    Options
    It is ridiculously easy to make your own at home! I make mine a quart at a time. And the cost is whatever you pay for a quart of milk!