Female lifters: YOU WILL NOT LOOK THIS WAY!

Options
JenaePavlak
JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
Girls.. Lifting heavy will will get you lean and toned, and give you the body you want...

You will not look like this:
http://spotmebro.com/are-you-man-enough-uks-biggest-female-bodybuilder-is-looking-for-love/

As you can see she eats 4500 Calories a day (Only eats crazy amounts of chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli)... she most likely takes testosterone boosters as well.. Think of it this way...

How hard to our male counterparts work to get those big muscles most of us crave?? THEY WORK THEIR *kitten* OFF!! and eat A LOT!!

We don't do that, plus we don't have the natural hormones to make our muscles all puffy...

Lifting heavy gets you results!! Not endless cardio! Muscle burns more cals at rest. I could go on.. Do your research. Read many many articles from different view points.. especially from the people who have bodies like you'd like to achieve

I hope I can be of some motavation..

LIFT HEAVY! RUN FAST! =D

Replies

• juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    " I'd love a man who could cook my chicken for me"

hahaha.

Yeah.. so would i if i ate that much...

:)
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    too true, a lot of women are starting to lift in the gym I go to now, results will be impressive if you lift
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yeah finding a man who wants a woman like that must be a little hard.. but I'm sure there is someone out there for her...

I really find it sad when I see females say they don't want to lift heavy in fear of building muscle like that. It's just impossible.. you don't "accidentally" get that way...
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I am lifting and doing cardio .. shes pushed it quite a bit to far, in my opinion .. but there are girls that are fairly buff that I envy.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great post! I have been researching this like crazy and decided to go for heavy lifting! I wish you would have made this a few weeks ago. :ohwell:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I wish this myth wasn't still floating about that you're going to end up with big huge man muscles just by lifting some weight! It takes time, effort and lots and lots of food to "bulk up" Even then, you won't look close to that without some form of hormonal "help"
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    How hard to our male counterparts work to get those big muscles most of us crave?? THEY WORK THEIR *kitten* OFF!! and eat A LOT!!

LIFT HEAVY! RUN FAST! =D

She knows what the HECK she is talking about....

Props!
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love lifting! But i agree, that females are just afraid to lift. You don't look like that overnight and without "help"! Thanks for posting!

Sheila
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I ate 3000 calories a day, lifted 3-5 times a week for 4 months. I still don't look close to that.
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does it not look like her head belongs on that body? I almost looks like it was superimposed on a picture of a guy.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks so much!! Exactly what I needed to see. :-)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Not only is it almost impossible for woman to BULK up. It would take years of very hard work. Your program could be stopped or altered at anytime you are not happy with the results.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It's a shame they chose the most ridiculous-looking clothes they could to put her into, especially the frilly red undies.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh....I guess if you looked more buff than a man it would be hard to convince one to date you! Would probably be hard on a few egos! haha.

Anyway...I love lifting heavy! I started doing it last year with the ChaLEAN extreme. I am still a little overweight and I get self-conscious in the gym when the guys are around. Then I think of the fact that I am the only woman - unless one of my good friends is in there - in the weight area, and then I get damn proud of myself!
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I ate 3000 calories a day, lifted 3-5 times a week for 4 months. I still don't look close to that.

your arms are hot ! ;) ..I cant wait to get there.. :D
  • Goosiesnougs
    Goosiesnougs Posts: 420
    Options
    I just bought the book yesterday!

The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess

I do a lot of everything. My muscle routine is BodyPump 2x a week and a circuit training class on Sat morning.Friday is a day of weight room training, but all my instruction for the machines/weight is gleaned from a friend who trains with someone. I.E. not enough weight!
    The rest is running, stairclimber and spinning. I thought BodyPump would give me the results I wanted and although I lift heavier than ALL the other girls in the class,(except my instructor---but I do the same weight as her!) my body is not changing like I thought it would.

I have decided after much research......Heavy lifting is the key! I will take before and after pictures and post them. Although I am very toned and in fantastic shape I don't have the definition in my arms that I would like. I want to look like I'm flexing even when I'm not. Not bodybuilder but I want people to say Damn, she's not got an ounce of fat on her!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Girls.. Lifting heavy will will get you lean and toned, and give you the body you want...

I don't have a problem with lifting, but lifting won't "give me the body I want". Unless there's a lift that will make my huge gut shrink to flatness, I'm stuck with what my parents gave me.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I love lifting!! I also love looking around the weight room and being maybe 1 of 3 girls in there if that.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy and eat at maintenance. I was able to gain maybe 5 pounds of muscles in one year if that. But my body is vastly different then it was when I was doing only cardio.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love lifting!! I also love looking around the weight room and being maybe 1 of 3 girls in there if that.
    ditto