I'm 47% of the man I used to be, my two year journey!

Options

Replies

• parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    Wooooooow!!!!!!! Inspiring!!!!
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

All I can say is - - - - - WOW!!

You look fabulous. Congrats on all the hard work and thanks for sharing, it's a great inspiration.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Wow you are such an ispiration!! I'm here complaining that I can't lose 20 lbs and look at you !!!!
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Your journey is amazing. wow
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Speechless! I actually teared up. By the way, you look very hot in your most recent pics! Who knew this guy was hiding under the old you? Your wife must be pleased...
  • runner7793
    runner7793 Posts: 4
    Options
    AMAZING!!!
  • Onespirit62
    Onespirit62 Posts: 51
    Options
    Wow that is an amazing journey and you look great. Congratulations and Awesome Job!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome Dude! Great job.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    As of this week, I've hit my latest weight loss goal, and I will probably stick at this weight for a while.

I've always been big, both height and weight. In March of 2010 at the age of 37, I weighed 490lbs at 6'6" tall. Several things came together at that point in time to finally make me realize that if I wanted to be around for my kids and wife, and set a good example for them, I needed to make some changes and I needed to make them now!

I started watching what I was eating and starting getting up early in the morning several days a week to go walking. First 2 miles, then 3, then 4. In April I started using the workout room at work in the afternoon to lift for 20 minutes or so, 3 days a week. By June, I had lost about 25 lbs.

In June, my wife got us a family membership to Orchard Hills Athletic club, and then things really started to click. I started hitting the gym 4 days a week, doing cardio and heavy lifting. I also started watching what I was eating more closely, and was limiting my calories to 2200-2500 a day, with as much protein as I could get. Within 4 months I was going 5 days a week, and between cardio and lifting, I was putting in 2+ hours a day at the gym. By December 30th 2010 I had already lost 100 lbs and was down to 390lbs. With this regime I was losing between 2.5 and 3 lbs a week!

In April of 2011, I ran my first full mile (at 340lbs), and started building up my running millage as well as hitting the gym, reaching 6 miles running by July. In August of 2011 I ran my first 5k in 38 minutes, and did another in October in 32 minutes.

It was September of 2011 when I hit my original goal of losing 220lbs, for a weight of 270lbs. When I started, I had a hard time imagining I would even get here. When I saw how much extra weight I was still carrying, I set a new goal of 245lbs, which would be half of my starting weight. I reached the 245lbs goal in December of 2011, and then 240lbs in January of 2012. I stayed at 240 for 2 months, but then decided I still had some more to lose, and set my sites on 230lbs, for a total loss of 260lbs.

I reached 230lbs this past week! The last 10lbs came off much slower, but that was intentional, as I didn't want to give up any of the muscle I have worked so hard to build up during these 2 years. I went from a size 62 pant to currently wearing a size 36. My chest has gone from 60 inches to a solid 46.5. My arms from 21 to a solid 15.5". I'll be 40 at the end of this month, and I'm in the best shape of my life!

I still go to the gym 5 days a week, for roughly 2 hours at a time. I do about 35 minutes of cardio, and the rest is heavy lifting on 4 day split. I also run 2 or 3 times a week, usually 5 or 6 miles at an 8:40 per mile or so pace. I did a 5k this past weekend in 25:52!

While going from 240lbs to 230lbs, I was eating 3,600 calories a day, with about 250g of protein. MFP was great for tracking this. Now that I hit 230, I've upped it to 3,800 calories, and will up it another 200 if I keep losing.
    The difference this has made in my life has been amazing. I haven't weighed this little since junior high school, and I was much shorter then. I have so much more energy now, and feel so much better about myself, so much more confident. My kids have picked up my healthier habits as well, and we are a healthier family now. My wife has lost 40lbs so far as well.

Just wanted to share this with everyone, and let you know that with hard work and determination, it can be done. You've just got to want it and work for it, and it will happen!

Enough Rambling, here are some pictures:

Here is me at 490lbs at Disney World:
    490lbs.JPG

Here is me in December of 2010 at 390lbs:
    390lbs.JPG

This is when I hit 270lbs:
    260lbs.jpg

245lbs with my old pants (Size 62 to size 38 in this picture)
    245lbs_old_pants.JPG

These are me at 230!
    230lbs_1.JPG

230lbs_2.JPG

230lbs_3.JPG

This is a collage of pictures from start to finish that I took with my webcam:
    6_pictures_small.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Luciendasky
    Luciendasky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You did good!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats! you look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself, you have really accomplished what you set your mind to do.
    I am sure your wife and kids are happy about your weight loss. You are an inspiration and
    thank you for sharing your journey. It gives me hope.
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    You're a brand new man! You look incredible! So inspiring!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    DANG!! One of the most inspiring transformations I've seen on here! Congratulations!!
  • Astefanie
    Astefanie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for sharing! You look (and I bet you feel) amazing!
  • sahrajane5
    sahrajane5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh god- your arms- oh god. You're amazing!
    *faint*
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story and journey you've been on! It's stories like these that make me realize that I can lose 75 lbs even though it seems like so much and so overwhelming.
  • marie_8888
    marie_8888 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it, this is by far the most impressive success story that I know off, great job
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspriration!!! YOU are picture perfect to show how hard work and dedication can pay off :-) great job!

14119689.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! Awesome job!!! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!