30 day shred, starting July 1st! day 1-10

Options
124»

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Only two more days of Level 1 for me. I am surprised that I'm not getting bored doing the same workout for 10 days straight. I give Jillian kudos for making a workout that is keeping my interest. I only have two days to get all those push-ups on my toes, I could only add one more before I had to go to my knees. Only 6 more to go, so I guess I should try to add on 3 for each of the next two days. :laugh: Also did a 25 min run. I can see changes to my mid-section already, so I hope that gives others inspiration to keep going with this workout. I was at a plateau, and needed something to jumpstart my body. This workout is doing the trick! :love:

danni55, You have day 1 done! I know Jillian says that you don't need to modify the jumping jacks, but if you heart rate is elevated then you are working. :wink:
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Helloooo my beautiful shredders!
    I just wanted to say that it sounds like everyone is doing awesome! I'm still on level 1 and will probably stay there until the end of the week!
    I'm signing off for a week because I'll be in cottage country without the internet!
    Happy Shredding everyone! Stay on track and talk to you next Monday!
    Ciao :wink:
    Lindsey
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Only one more day of Level 1 for me and then it is on to the next level. This morning I also added on 30 min of kickboxing. I don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow, because I have jury duty. :grumble: Happy shredding everyone!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I have completed one week of this and it feels good! I have to return the dvd to the library today and I will try to do it from the computer or maybe just buy a copy from ebay...The abs part is still kicking my butt the most!:laugh:

Mary
  • Marinewife1125
    Marinewife1125 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!, I am on day 6 and I really do see a change in my endurance, but I do still love the workout. I am finally seeing a small amount of weight loss, 2 pounds!! Yay!!
    That was the little bit of motivation I needed to keep shredding for a little while longer!! :)

Happy Shredding everyone!!!
    ~Julia
  • danni55
    danni55 Posts: 22
    Options
    i have 2 days under my flab now....about to get up to do day 3, my abs don't phase me like some of you are saying.....i know my abs are fabulous...they just have a thick layer of this disgusting flab on them though, i would probably have to do about 500 in a row with jillian to feel some pain, BUUUUT

holy heck - :sad: the past 2 days I've done this.....I used to play soccer and used my legs alot and worked them out alot....but WOW do my thighs feel soooooo sore!!!! Getting out of a chair, squatting to get something out of the fridge, anything involving just the tiniest big of movement from the thighs KILL ME!!! I know that's a good thing right? I'm just waiting till I'm in the middle of another day of shred and my legs fall off and kick my *kitten* for working them so hard! :laugh:
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Well I'm here this morning, but will be at the courthouse this afternoon for what I'm guessing will be the picking of the jury. So it will be sit and wait. :yawn:

Day 10 done, and tomorrow I move on to Level 2. As I was running on my treadmill I previewed Level 2, because I didn't remember what it was like. Well this level is going to up the endurance quite a bit. Hope I'm up to the challenge. :bigsmile: I'm going to take some measurements tomorrow moring, and let you all know how I have done.

Everyone is doing so great! danni55 your legs will kick your butt doing all those kick-butts pretty soon. :bigsmile:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i put my back out on monday and woke up on tuesday and could barely move. never injured myself before so not sure what it is. missed a day for that but though it might help actually doing the shred. back felt loads etter today after doing it so will treat it as muscle fatigue.
    i did level two today gotta love those walkout push ups the evil woman ha ha. i failed on the weight rasies and anything to do with using your shoulders just when you are about to finish the twisiting ab exercise is so hard. my head was purple.

I'm thinking about lowering the weights to just the metal bar so i can finish the strenght exercises its the only thing holding me back. my shoulders feel stronger and i can see a differents in my jeans. i can get into 32" waists again Im so delightedly "average" woo!!!.
    four people said you look great don't lose anymore so I'm feeling that my goal is closer than i previously thought. still i will finish her shred and see where that leaves me.
    I'm interested in weight training now which is probably why my back hurt so muh the other day. everyone wants that layer of fat off their belly don't they?
  • danni55
    danni55 Posts: 22
    Options
    did day 3 last night and it was so much easier for me than the first 2 days (although i was still dying). And my legs don't feel as sore today! :laugh:

going to do day 4 tonight....oh boy.
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Well no jury trial for me. Yippee! They cancelled because of some more information given. :drinker: Well Level 2 is a tough workout, but I think this is where you will see the most changes happen. My core and shoulders are feeling the Jillian :heart: right now. :happy: I also added on 25 min of kickboxing with 1lb hand weights.

Results after 10 days of the Shred:

Weight start 165 now 163-1/2
    Waist start 33" now 32" I was shocked :smokin:
    Hips start 39-3/4 now 39
    Thighs No change