"Forcing" food on you...

Options
13»

Replies

• Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tend to laugh, pat my stomach and say "oh no! I couldn't" I have left more than one person feeling slightly offended, but if they were close enough, I remind them that I am trying to eat healthy, and don't need the temptation. My husband is no good at that, his dad is the kind that always put more food on his kids' plates. I was eating with them once, and he absent-mindedly put another huge spoon of potatoes on my plate! It was funny but kind of annoying because I was full! Anyway, I just tell people they were too delicious and I don't have the will power. If you complement them, it seems to be easier to take the rejection.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    UGH! My mother in law keeps doing that! She brought home an entire cake *just for me* to eat when she KNOWS I'm on a diet!
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    What drives me even more crazy is that she had WL surgery like 10 years ago but she's fat now ... I've told her NO NO NO NO NO
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I would have taken them and given them to a homeless person on a corner. It may not be the healthiest thing but it may be the only thing they got that night.