how to lose 5 pounds n 1 week

Options

Replies

• tab701
    tab701 Posts: 9
    Options
    Stop and look at what you are putting in your mouth/body every day 1st! Log everything that you eat no matter how small and find out how many calories you are eating right now. Maybe take the time and research Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis. I cut out all wheat and sugar from my diet a year ago and have lost 92 lbs. Low carb higher fat also works for some. Talk to your Dr. as well maybe they have advice for you as well. But cut out all processed foods and sodas and you should see a weight drop eating clean healthy food that hasn't been altered.

6402703.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    This worked for me just this past week. loaded up on Chinese food on Saturday. That's all I ate over the weekend, then slipped back into my 'normal eating' until yesterday. Now I fell a little short at a difference of 4 pounds, but it worked for me.

Oh, you could also audition for The Biggest Loser. I don't know what they put in the water over there, but those folks lose weight like crazy!
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree with many of the previous posts. More than likely if you exercise and eat healthy, at first you will lose more than the average 1-2 pounds per week but then that will slow down. Try to stay away from all fried foods and drink skim milk or 2 %, if you're a milk drinker. Avoid as little carbs as possible and drink plenty of water. I agree with starting off slowly with the exercising. This is going to have to be a lifestyle change for you, not something that is going to be a quick summer fix.

If you do feel the urge for a treat, don't give up.....we all have those days. Just know tomorrow is a new day to start again. :)
  • lderr
    lderr Posts: 2
    Options
    your best bet is to stop eating after 5 or 6 pm n if u can walk after u eat thats also helps to i wish u luck if i can do this so can anyone
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    Set reasonable goals for yourself, things you can maintain for the long haul. I can't tell you how many times I decided I was only going to eat lettuce and fat free X and no sugar, no fat, no meat, etc. and workou 2 hours a day and things like that. I usually lasted a few days then quit completely. The first week or maybe 2 you could lose 5lbs, but like people are saying it will be mostly water. Your weight loss will slow down after that, and you can reasonably hope to lose 2lbs per week if you track your calories and exercise. If you have access to a gym the elliptical machine may be a good place to start since it is low impact and burns a lot of calories. Do something that gets your heart pumping every day for a good 20-30 minutes to start, than add time or difficulty to that as soon as you are able. Walking, even marching in place inside your house is a great start. There are some forums and groups specifically for people who want to lose 100+ pounds. Find some friends in those groups.
    Above all, be kind to yourself. You will learn so much about yourself as you work to lose weight. You are stronger than you think. Do something that surprises you every day, whether it's taking a longer walk or choosing a healthy snack or jogging in place while you watch tv. You will transform your body inside and out, but it will take time. Believe that you can do it!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    uhmm because my school year is ending and i am very larg and dont knw how much time i need to lose weight be 4 the next school year comes up i only have like a little less then 3monthss and i really would like to get to my weight goal be 4 my time is uhp!

I think another course in grammar might be helfpul.

@onedayillbeam
    Why don't you go read the MFP guidelines for the message boards. I have given you a head start here:
    MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. ****This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English****, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

You're right, I should offer helpful advice for her unhealthy goal.

Do a water fast. Better?

Somehow, yes. Stupid >mean.

Both are pointless and only serve to make MFP a less welcoming and helpful place for new users.
  • sid719e
    sid719e Posts: 47
    Options
    sweetie the best way u can lost 5lbs pounds is by exercising proberly twice a day and eat healthy dont eat 3 bhours b4 u go to sleep ok and mama i was in ur shoes wen i was in high skool

Did you two go to the same school?

They're in school?
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

Both are pointless and only serve to make MFP a less welcoming and helpful place for new users.

I just am saying that it seems to me like the best thing to do would be to share helpful advice. The grammar thing...well...I agree her grammar is bad, but this isn't a website dedicated to helping our youth achieve academic goals. It's about health and fitness. And I think our energy is better served by sharing our knowledge with her about health and wellness since this is where her heart is open, rather than knocking her down.
  • bena0218
    bena0218 Posts: 41
    Options
    sweetie the best way u can lost 5lbs pounds is by exercising proberly twice a day and eat healthy dont eat 3 bhours b4 u go to sleep ok and mama i was in ur shoes wen i was in high skool

They're in school?
    umm yea im in school
  • bena0218
    bena0218 Posts: 41
    Options

I just am saying that it seems to me like the best thing to do would be to share helpful advice. The grammar thing...well...I agree her grammar is bad, but this isn't a website dedicated to helping our youth achieve academic goals. It's about health and fitness. And I think our energy is better served by sharing our knowledge with her about health and wellness since this is where her heart is open, rather than knocking her down.
    yesss i agree some people just dont know how to please new comers gosh the nerve of people
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

They're in school?

Not everyone has lived a life of privilege, with access to information or a decent education.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    People should read things through and check the OP goals before soliciting advice. She's not asking to lose 5 lbs. She's 18, trying to lose 190 lbs in 3 months. Reality it will not happen. There was a post earlier that was so spot on and helpful. Small steps lead to bigger success. This shouldn't be about looking good at the start of the next school year; it should be about being healthy for your life. Small changes sometimes work easier for people so they don't get discouraged; start walking, working out anything to get your body moving. Change the way you eat and log it. Cut out fast food, sweets, pop something, anything to get the ball moving. Please don't set yourself up for failure with unrealistic goals.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but if someone wanted to post a serious question and get helpful answers, I would think that they would want to make their opening post (and their responses) readable. I gather basically she wants to lose 5 pounds in a week.

Honestly OP, You'll lose most likely in water weight the first week if you drastically change your diet. Low carbs help lose initial water weight as well, but is (for me) unsustainable for a long term solution. After that though, you have to commit to a lifestyle change and how to work in moderation of eating right and eating things you enjoy. So in short, it's possible for you to lose 5 pounds in a week.
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just exercise and eat healthy and you will lose weight. By wanting to lose 5ib a week you are setting yourself up to fail. Why not set yourself a goal of 1-2lb a week, which is the reccommended ammount to lose, then if you lose more it's a bonus.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

I'm sorry but if someone wanted to post a serious question and get helpful answers, I would think that they would want to make their opening post (and their responses) readable. I gather basically she wants to lose 5 pounds in a week.

Honestly OP, You'll lose most likely in water weight the first week if you drastically change your diet. Low carbs help lose initial water weight as well, but is (for me) unsustainable for a long term solution. After that though, you have to commit to a lifestyle change and how to work in moderation of eating right and eating things you enjoy. So in short, it's possible for you to lose 5 pounds in a week.

I was able to read them just fine.
  • jlawson113
    jlawson113 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    pray
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

I guess we're being old fashioned by expecting to see letters placed together to form a word. I need to go back to school so I can learn this alphanumeric language.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I guess we're being old fashioned by expecting to see letters placed together to form a word. I need to go back to school so I can learn this alphanumeric language.

Combined with poor grammar and misspelling, it's something I'm unfamiliar with as well.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Agreed. Most people were able to read and understand the OP, myself included.

Apparently some other people would rather look down on a person for grammar and spelling errors than help someone who clearly needs assistance. Thanks for telling those folks to take it somewhere else.

I don't like grammar and spelling errors either. But I like being a mean person even less, so I STFU. Anyone making comments about OP's writing style should do the same.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

Believe it or not, I'm quite fond of grammar and proper punctuation. I am the type to lose sleep over a missing oxford comma on a memo I have submitted. However, I also happen to be familiar with lots of issues that children sometimes face. Yes, I said children. I look at OP and while she says she is 18, I think it's possible she is as young as 12. I know for a fact that there are users on here who are underage, even though they are not supposed to be here. And her statements evidence to me a very young mind.

There are ways to say what you want to say without being mean to someone who may very well have obstacles in her life that you don't even know exist.