EVERYONE NOTICED!

Options
13»

Replies

• kinzytg
    kinzytg Posts: 42
    Options
    However, what matters to me most is that I NOTICE. I notice when I put on shirts that fit snuggly before and now fit a lot looser. I notice because most of my pants are almost too BIG. I can't wait for the day that my pants are way too big. I can't wait for the day when I can go to the mall and buy clothes in any store EXCEPT for the plus size stores. That will be my biggest victory!
    [/quote]

I think people started to notice for me when I started wearing clothes that fit better, I bet your clothes mask some of your great progress. That is why you see it more than others. I can sew so I took some in until I was ready to buy stuff, so you will get a double bonus when you decide to get some new clothes, shopping and compliments. Keep up the good work!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    How much weight did you lose before people started noticing? There was a point for me around 17 lbs when suddenly it went from no one noticed to everyone noticed! It did help me to keep going once I started getting compliments I must say!

Probably around 10- 15 lbs lost some comments came in. Took me 10-15 lbs to notice myself. The shock and awe reactions came around 30-35 lbs from people I haven't seen for awhile. I remain at 38 lost. The weight was special but the inches was phenomenal, and the best was/is how much younger I feel. Everyday stuff is just easier and that is great. No marathons here, but there are ladders to climb, grass to cut and so on. Training for life.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My iphone hold screen has a quote saying:
    It Take 4 weeks for you to see your body changing.
    It takes 8 weeks for your friends and family
    And it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world.

So true!

That said, I was at about 18 pounds and my sisters noticed (I work with them every day), MY DH is complementary all the time and just loves me.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    now that you mention it, it really was right around that 15 to 17 level. I noticed earlier than that, but I think partly because I started wearing different clothing around there, it suddenly became more noticeable to other people. I see a big difference in my face, neck and shoulders, and that's what I noticed first myself.
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Around the 17lb mark somebody who didnt know I was trying told me. I had had a few prior to that at about 15 but that was from people at work who knew I was trying and were supporting me. Not that I didnt appreciate their comments, but I kind of felt they were just saying it to encourage me. They probably werent, just my own insecurity showing through.

For those who nobody has mentioned anything I thought I would mention something that happened last week, which really got me thinking. I am a lecturer and one of my groups was having an end of course party. They had a BBQ, salads, chips and lots of junk. Although I was offered a lot of things I kept declining most. When I was offered coke by one student I said no I have stopped drinking coke because I am on diet.Her reaction:
    "Oh, so you are losing weight, we had noticed and talked about it, but didn't know whether to say anything." A few then proceeded to ask me how I was losing. This really made me realise that a lot of people may have noticed, but not mentioned it.
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have a few friend who know I am trying to loose weight and they have noticed because they are looking for it, I guess, my family had after 20 lbs. But I am now at 39 lbs lost and people I see and thought they would say something haven't I was excited to go out one night, and no one had commented... I was bummed :frown:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!