Awesome foods you remember as a kid

Options

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hi-C Ecto Cooler. I don't know if it's still around, but I know it was a few years ago.

The green energy Mio reminds me of Ecto Cooler!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    chick-o-sticks :love: (candy) mmm mmm good and they still sell em!

12146223.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Still made in Lufkin Texas...By the same family owned company.
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Amazin fruit gummy bears

and

Bug City Candy Tarts
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My favorite was steak and potato burritos at Taco Bell. Havent seen one since 1990!!!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Fruitopia! Well, I guess that's technically a drink... but still. lol
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds wierd, but when I was eight years old my favorite food was tunafish with rice, and hot water. Maybe because i"m part Japanese, but I remember everyone in my class said pizza, spaghetti, etc and thought it was gross. And I said tunafish with rice. And my 3rd grade teacher says......"oh that's different." haha.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Klondike bars; those were so good!

Oh and hot dogs with the cheese on the inside.. lol probably a processed, garbage food nightmare but I loved those so much.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    #1) Those little box-juice cartons of colored pebble-looking bubble gum (I liked the orange one)

#2) Fun-dip....I was the weird kid who just wanted the sticks and gave away the powder :noway:

#3) Violet Crumble :flowerforyou:

#4) Chocolate Christmas calendars (my grammybear always bought two 'cause I'd open the doors early to eat the treats :laugh:)

#5) Gummy everything; sharks, soda pop bottles, bears, worms...extra points if sprinkled with li hing mui! :love:
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wax bottles....drink the sugary syrup inside them, then chew on the wax for the rest of the day and wait for the onset of diabetes.

I remember those!!! and the whistle pops. Thanks you guys are making me happy with all the nostalgia from the '80s. and '90s
  • losermomof3
    Options
    I cant seem to find count chocula cereal either!!!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    3D doritos and wonderballs :D and those little wax bottle candy drink things haha. and rock candy (flinstones) and hugs juice things..have you tried them lately?? Idk how we liked them as kids! and that gooey candy you squeeze out of the tube..i think they still have that?
  • centaurfilly
    Options
    Wax bottles....drink the sugary syrup inside them, then chew on the wax for the rest of the day and wait for the onset of diabetes.

Omg I remember those! I used to get those, candy cigarettes, and the little squeeze tubes with ... syrupy stuff in them?!

BLECH! I still have to admit I have a sweet tooth (it's my weakness) but anything pure sugar like the above is blech nowadays
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    dunkaroos.
    can't seem to find them anywhere!

They sell dunkaroos in Walmart ( dont know if you live by one, but dear god they are awful now!! They are do disgusting by 4 and 5 year old won't eat them... Why do they always change a good thing !!

Ps I miss Nintendo cereal
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Lucas Powder!
  • losermomof3
    Options
    Zots!!!!!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I cant seem to find count chocula cereal either!!!

Publix ( don't know if you have one by u either) only puts them out at Halloween. It says it on the box to "grab another box before they disappear for another year "
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    dunkaroos.
    can't seem to find them anywhere!

I think we got them from Walmart, don't remember, but I a pack a few days ago.
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Frankenstuffs, hotdogs that had coney sauce in the middle. Loved those, wish I could buy them.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Orbits (coolest drink ever lol it was like a seltzer with gelatin floating inside :D )
    Yum and ewww all at the same time :P

Orbitz-soft-Drink1.jpg

i loved this stuff so much! was totally obsessed in the 7th grade. you beat me to it.

and i thought no one else remembered that *kitten*
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

LMAO!! This made me laugh so hard! I loved those!