Awesome foods you remember as a kid

Options

Replies

• losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I cant seem to find count chocula cereal either!!!

Publix ( don't know if you have one by u either) only puts them out at Halloween. It says it on the box to "grab another box before they disappear for another year "

Okay...I guess I can wait until October for my kids to try them...LOL.
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Rice Krispy Treats Cereal, Surge (more or less my pre-teen/teenage years), Squeezits

squeezits!!!! wow, i always asked for them, and my mom never let me have them! Only time I got to enjoy them was at a friends house ahha.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    dunkaroos.
    can't seem to find them anywhere!

I seen Dunkaroos-the chocolate and the white at three different Wal-Marts around here.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Zots!!!!!
    I was just going to ask if anyone remembered zotz. There's an old nostalgia type ice cream/candy shop back home that my parents took my to-they had like four flavors of zotz. I was beyond excited.
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    JELLO PUDDING POPS!!!!!

Why Lord, did they have to stop making these frozen sticks of deliciousness?!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Fruit Pies,I loved them.Cherry,Apple,Lemon,Coconut,Chocolate,Pecan,they were all so good.I know there still around but I just don't eat them anymore and have'nt had one in years.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I could have sworn I saw dunkaroos the other day in Walmart's cookie isle!
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Zotz! Loved them and now I have a shop and sell them- I am like the local drug dealer letting the kids have one for free. They come back the next day and buy tons!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Captain Crunch Berries.................my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Planters PB Crisps. Omg. So good.

I would kill for just one bag of these. Ugh. ♥
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    They used to sell cream filled pies made by Hostess. I would get the chocolate flavored ones.

Non commercial foods: my parents were friends with a wonderful Korean family. Mrs. Chong would bring bulgogi with them every time they came to visit. It was to die for. She would cook it on the grill and I would eat it until I thought I would explode (fortunately back then, I could eat anything and never gain weight).
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I remember a pudding called "Spoon Candy" that they don't make anymore.

user-image-1190768180_thumb.jpg
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wax bottles....drink the sugary syrup inside them, then chew on the wax for the rest of the day and wait for the onset of diabetes.

Omg I remember those! I used to get those, candy cigarettes, and the little squeeze tubes with ... syrupy stuff in them?!

BLECH! I still have to admit I have a sweet tooth (it's my weakness) but anything pure sugar like the above is blech nowadays

You gotta admit that the wax bottle are perfect diet food. Drink 1 teaspoon of syrup and chew on flavorless wax for hours afterwards!

Other that those I miss Tang, Chuckles, Kudos bars. I think all these are still around. I would just never go near them now.

My mother used to make butter noodles (break up spaghetti noodles into tiny pieces, with butter, salt and pepper) and butter sandwiches on white bread. She would tell me that when she was a girl welfare was a bucket of lard and these were the kinds of foods she ate.
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh oh and Kix cereal. Specifically Berry Kix that I could only find at the Commissary on the military base.
  • Ashley23261
    Options
    I find dunkaroos at the local dollar general, my nephew loves them!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Fruit-String-Thing-whatever-happened-to-25263539-480-360.jpg
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Apple Slice Soda it tasted sooooooo good.:drinker:
  • zumbaabby
    zumbaabby Posts: 59
    Options
    microwavable Ore-Ida fries and chicken nuggets. used to get them at Piggly Wiggly...which is also not a staple store in the south anymore :(!
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Cigarette candy and gum, and Bonkers candy LOL love the nostalgia!!
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    5.jpg

this stuff right here!