What's the deal with no logging a bad day.

Options
12346»

Replies

• PaperThinLips
    PaperThinLips Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    log everything.. that's what i do.
    it helps me know HOW MUCH OF WHAT I'M GETTING.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Personally, I need to log the bad so that I can see my weekly intake and see why I haven't lost. You can't work out trends etc without logging everything.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I think it's because people feel altogether too much guilt about eating anything they consider "bad". I don't believe in "bad" days and "good" days. If I'm breathing and my kids are healthy, EVERY day is a good day! I DO have high-calorie days and low-calorie days, and days where I eat junk food--doesn't make it a "bad" day to me. I feel zero guilt about my food choices, so I just log it and move on. I think the guilt eats at some people, and they don't want to be reminded about over-eating. Honestly, I'm really grateful to finally be free of that mindset, because I strongly believe all that guilt was keeping me fat. I log it all now, and I'm FREE!

This!!

To each their own and how you achieve your goals is none of my business but for myself - logging all my good, bad, or just plain rediculous is how I hold myself to a higher standard. And
  • prsusa38
    prsusa38 Posts: 29
    Options
    People are only cheating themselves if they don't log everything. I understand you might not be able to log daily, however, don't just skip your bad days. I'm new at this website but think it will help by keeping me honest.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    People are only cheating themselves if they don't log everything. I understand you might not be able to log daily, however, don't just skip your bad days. I'm new at this website but think it will help by keeping me honest.

Basically true, but I do it anyway. Unless (or until) the weight stops coming off, I won't really see it as a problem worth changing.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    alot of it has to do with people being really judgmental. me I log everyday even when I eat 3 mini meals and 2 snacks I am on the prevent diabetes diet with my family they give a list of eating to help balance your proteins, carbs, sugar etc they are lower calorie I get questioned a lot without knowing the circumstances behind it. many like me come for suport not judgementalness.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Personally, I dont see how it matters, you are only cheating yourself, and if you are not logging just to look better to "others" than in my opinion you need to re-evaluate whats important. For me, my logs are private because I dont feel the need to explain my choices to anyone, be supportive of others and worry about your own choices. As I mentioned before, you are doing this for YOU and that is the ONLY way you will be sucessfull :)
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well you see, if you don't log stuff, your body doesn't process it, basic biology really!

That goes along with the the though that if no one sees you eat it it has 0 calories.

Also - calories don't count on your birthday. <-- totally used that before (prior to being a food logging *kitten*)

Haha! I used to subscribe to that too--Calories also didn't count on the weekends, past 8 p.m., on bank and government holidays, sick days, sad days, bored days, stressed days, or leap year days...guess that's why I'm here now! :laugh:
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Usually, when I have a bad day, something else is bothering me and seeing 4 red digits on MFP is really no help to me.

I keep a mental tally of my calories throughout the day anyway though and often log it later on in the week so I'll still know my average and learn to improve my food choices when stressed.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Personally, I log things as I pack them in my lunch so I've got the entry even if I forget to log later. If someone at work orders pizza or chinese food or something, I'll wait until the next day to log it if I know I've overindulged. I know I've done bad, and I sit there and wonder how bad for the rest of the day. Then the next day I'll put it in, and I'll be able to get over it because I'm focusing on that day, and not the day before.
  • fdny9943
    fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am spending the day in Boston tomorrow, going to a Red Sox game and I plan to enjoy many many beers, probably a hot dog and who knows what else. Just for the day I want to forget about counting every morsel that enters my lips, I do not want to think of every Sam Adams I drink as 250+ cals....tomorrow will be the first day I have not logged all of my everything since I joined this site 75+ days ago. I will enter a food note that says "AWOL - Red Sox Fever", but I will not feel guilty about not logging...but announcing why I am not logging to my "pals" lets them know their feedback or approval is not required for the day :). And I have added several extra work outs this week to make up for not doing any tomorrow. To each their own I guess.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. Today you will notice I logged my baby shower cupcake. It was delicious followed by an hour at the gym.