2»

Replies

• Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    here's what i had for breakfast

2 Slices Bunny Bread (Toasted
    1 tbs Country Crock Calcium + Vitamin D butter
    1 cup milk

is this a good breakfast or is there something i should add* to it.

*note: most of the time it will be before i head off to work. i usually start work at 8am and i have to leave around 7 or so to get there a little early.

Why white bread? It is fortified, which means it has nothing of nutritional value.........

Whole grain bread or sprouted grain breads are so much better for you, which a natural nut butter for protein, you will be a lot more satisfied a lot longer.

it's the only kind we eat around here. i live with my mom, gma , and great gma. With my gma being down at the lake a lot now it's been easier for me to get the healthier stuff. I've been buying a lot of yogurt and fruit mostly for work. I had to eat what i had left of my 1/2 loaf of white bread.
  • skearns
    skearns Posts: 16
    Cottage cheese is good for a little protein too!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    it's the only kind we eat around here. i live with my mom, gma , and great gma. With my gma being down at the lake a lot now it's been easier for me to get the healthier stuff. I've been buying a lot of yogurt and fruit mostly for work. I had to eat what i had left of my 1/2 loaf of white bread.

That's an easy thing to overcome. Whoever buys the groceries get another loaf of the whole grain breads. Even if you have to buy the loaf yourself at $2-$3. Plus, they might be willing to try it, and after eating it, your mom, gma, and great gma would thank you for the extra grains/fiber.

I have 2 slices of 12 grain bread toasted with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter spread on each piece. When it's toasted you can smear 1 tbsp alot further.

Like others have said I think add some protein.
    Do you like the idea of a protein shake? Various out there.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Oroweat double fiber whole wheat bread is really good, only 80 calories a slice and tastes very good! The added fiber is a plus, hard to get enough fiber in on a 1260 cal diet like mine!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Add Protein and fruit....
This discussion has been closed.