Runners - keep your race bibs?

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
I've been in 4 races since last fall and still have all of my race bibs. Wondered if anyone else also keeps theirs, and do you do anything with them? I also have the shoe chip from my first 10K yesterday. Leaving that sucker in my laces until it falls out.

For the bins.....Scrapbook, pin them on the wall, etc? I'm thinking of some sort of collage for mine.

Replies

• dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have kept all of mine and my medals. I tape them to the door on the inside of my closet (where I keep my workout gear). It's pretty inspiring to see them every time I am getting ready to exercise.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have every race bib since I started. I put the date, finish time, AG place and overall place on the back and tack them to the wall in my closet. Call it my motivation wall. Kind of reminds me of why I do it. Always trying to improve.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have every race bib since I started. I put the date, finish time, AG place and overall place on the back and tack them to the wall in my closet. Call it my motivation wall. Kind of reminds me of why I do it. Always trying to improve.

Oh, I should do that too with the date and finish time. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • marathonette
    marathonette Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a special notebook for all of my bibs and I clip them in. I have been keeping them for almost 10 years. I collect the medals and pin them in a shadow box picture frame and hang it on the wall. Getting ready to start a new one...It is so inspiring to see where I have been and look forward to each new medal. I always go look at it before the race so I can see what I am working towards.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I put the date, finishing time, and my finishing number and the total number of people running in the race. I strung them on a string, and it is hanging on inside wall of my closet like a clothes line.
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    We have kept them all but haven't really done anything with them. Mine and Julian's are in one shoe box. Bryce and Mateo's are in another. They have been running 5k's since they were both in kindergarten.
  • mcwooty
    mcwooty Posts: 5
    Options
    I have all my bibs on the front of my fridge for motivation and to remind myself how far I have come. I just wish I would have written the race and the time on all of them! Pinterest has some great ideas for what to do with race bibs and finishing medals.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I have all of mine :) I write the race info on the back, including my time. It's nice to look back and see where I started and how far I've come. I only have 10 so far, they are currently in a folder with other race info until I decide what I'd like to do with them. I also write the date and my time on the inside of my race day shirt, either on the tag or under the thicker part of the sleeve.
    Oh, and I too have the chip on my shoe til it comes off on it's own. :) Glad I'm not the only one!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have kept all of mine as well. I plan on doing something with the bib, picture and medal from my first marathon. Just don't know what to do yet.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I've got every race bib from races dating back to 1986. I keep them in a photo album. On the back, I write:

Name of Event
    Date
    My finish time & Pace
    Distance (GPS and posted distance)
    Placement in Age Group, Gender, and overall
    Splits (if it was a flat course)

Any awards and finishing medals are just piled in a drawer somewhere. LOL
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    off topic but..... 103 pounds loss....way to go....you look great in your profie pic. Congrats...save those bibs!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yes, I keep mine. If the info is not already on there (some have a lot, like the Rock and Roll New Orleans Half).. some are blank with only a number. I will write the name of the race, the distance, my finishing time, and the date.

I have a chip here on my desk.. LOL.. it was from my 8K. I play with it from time to time, just a little widget on my desk. I also have the D-chip from my Half Marathon, still in a circle on my book shelf.

My bibs and my medals are hanging on the wall. I used the safety pins to "daisy chain" the bibs together.

Edit to Add: Here's a picture of mine from my blog.
    003.jpg?w=460
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't get in trouble for posting an outside link, but I bought one of these for my SIL to keep her race bibs on. I think she hung it in their entryway, where they take off their shoes.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/90413579/running-medals-and-bibs-holder-womens

These are also a really neat way to comemmorate your first race:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67050607/race-number-bib-coasters-marathon

If you can't bear the thought of sending them your bib, you can use a nice color copy. I think it's such a cool idea!

Note: Not affiliated with either of these places in any way. I just think this stuff is rad.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I've only done a few races but I have all my bibs, in a folder with a print out of my results, notes from the race & photos. I've kept all my shirts too but I never wear them.
  • melanielupien
    melanielupien Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I keep all my race bibs :) The hang in my home gym :)
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    This is really cute!! I might try to make something with stencils and paint. Not sure I want to spend $50 and $12.00 for shipping, but it's a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
    I hope I don't get in trouble for posting an outside link, but I bought one of these for my SIL to keep her race bibs on. I think she hung it in their entryway, where they take off their shoes.

• Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

These are also a really neat way to comemmorate your first race:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67050607/race-number-bib-coasters-marathon

If you can't bear the thought of sending them your bib, you can use a nice color copy. I think it's such a cool idea!

Note: Not affiliated with either of these places in any way. I just think this stuff is rad.

That is a pretty neat idea, and very simple to make at home for just a few dollars and a trip to the hardware store, and office supply store (vinyl letters). I may consider making my own.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have all my bibs hanging on the walls of my cubicle at work.
  • runwithmike
    runwithmike Posts: 173
    Options
    I save all mine and do the same thing as Trail addict, except I don't use a GPS.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I don't keep all of my bibs. Some I do.

However, I hang all my medals on bottles of wine from their respective states. I'm doing half marathons in all 50 states. To date, I have 37 medals hanging on 37 bottles of wine.

On July 4, 2013 I plan on running my 50th state. I'll be the one in the red, white, and blue running outfit.

I don't drink the wine. I'm giving my collection to my kids when I die. It's gonna be a great celebration!