Runners - keep your race bibs?

Replies

• Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    i have them from every race i have run in the past 4 years!
  • I've always chucked my bibs during infrequent but brutal cleaning frenzies. (However after reading all your posts I may find a good place to keep future ones - good idea to log all your race stats on them!) I have all my medals though, hanging in my closet where I see them when I get ready for a run - and the two trophies from a couple of run-with-your-dog races. I keep them on my dresser. They're my favorite because they remind me of my best running buddy, Pavlov. He passed away two years ago at the age of 14 1/2. He ran with me until he was 12. I still miss him dearly, but really enjoy running with my current dog, Jasmine.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    A lot of the races I run don't have bibs. I have saved a few. In my most recent half marathon, there was a Facebook group. Someone posted the idea to save your bin and write three memories from the race. I really liked that idea, but I am sort of a sentimental person.

I also like trail_addicts suggestion.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    I keep mine in a drawer but I don't log anything on them. All my results are on my running long and also on Athlinks, so I don't see the need to write it on the bib.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I don't keep all of my bibs. Some I do.

However, I hang all my medals on bottles of wine from their respective states. I'm doing half marathons in all 50 states. To date, I have 37 medals hanging on 37 bottles of wine.

On July 4, 2013 I plan on running my 50th state. I'll be the one in the red, white, and blue running outfit.

I don't drink the wine. I'm giving my collection to my kids when I die. It's gonna be a great celebration!

Wow, that's truly awesome!!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    A lot of the races I run don't have bibs. I have saved a few. In my most recent half marathon, there was a Facebook group. Someone posted the idea to save your bin and write three memories from the race. I really liked that idea, but I am sort of a sentimental person.

I also like trail_addicts suggestion.

Oh, the 3 memories is also a great idea. I like that.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    I have them but I haven't done anything special with them (yet). I've only done two official races so far though so it's not like I have a whole bunch. Hoping to acquire a bunch more though!
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    I have kept mine and write all the information about the race on the back, also. I have them in a drawer right now, but think I will eventually put them in a scrape book.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    I keep all my race bibs as well! I have them hung up by my desk. Some people show off their muscles I show off my bibs and medals ;)
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    I've been in 4 races since last fall and still have all of my race bibs. Wondered if anyone else also keeps theirs, and do you do anything with them? I also have the shoe chip from my first 10K yesterday. Leaving that sucker in my laces until it falls out.

For the bins.....Scrapbook, pin them on the wall, etc? I'm thinking of some sort of collage for mine.

Hell yes I keep them. Not sure what for yet, but i really want one of these.

il_fullxfull316906107.jpg

il_fullxfull316906107.jpg
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/89307841/running-medals-and-race-bibs-holder?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=race+bib&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=handmade
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    bump
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    I've never kept my race bibs in the past, but my BFF gave me a holder for mine with pictures of me running various marathons over the years on it front and back for Christmas. Best. Gift. Ever.

I started saving them this year. :)
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    I definitely keep mine. I intend to build up quite the collection. I don't know that I even want to do anything with them. It's more the idea of them that I love. They represent things I've done that I never really thought I would ever do. Besides, they go quite well with my t-shirt from last fall's CN Tower climb.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    I have them from every race that I've run. I plan on making a mural of them with my medals and fun stuff later on, when I have space on the walls. For now, they're in a drawer until I can let my arty soul loose.
  • lichensandseeds
    lichensandseeds Posts: 41 Member
    I keep my bibs because they don't take up lots of space-- they fold nicely into a box with letters and other special papers.

I've donated medals to medals 4 mettle-- it's an organization that re-awards marathon, half-marathon, and triathlon medals from athletes to kids battling debilitating diseases.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    I've kept all mine, but haven't done anything with them yet (gonna move at the end of the month). Am thinking some kind of collage or just magnet them down the side of the fridge...
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 699 Member
    Just did my 1st 5K two weeks ago...the bib is on the wall....something that I want to see to keep me motivated till I do my 2nd race. Can't wait.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    I haven't really accumulated enough medals yet, but when I do, I am going to use them to decorate a small christmas tree each year in addition to my regular tree. I will also do a tree with all my animal's tags (ones I've got now and ones who have passed away).
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I haven't really accumulated enough medals yet, but when I do, I am going to use them to decorate a small christmas tree each year in addition to my regular tree. I will also do a tree with all my animal's tags (ones I've got now and ones who have passed away).

Awwwwww. For the dog tags but I like the other idea too
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Great ideas here. Mine are just in a stack for now, but I want to string them up somewhere I can see them and stay motivated. I've only done 5ks so far, but I'm planning to do my first half in November.