Polar FT4 HRM

Options
Anyone have this heart rate monitor?

I have narrowed it down and I'm quite sure that this is the one I'm going to stick with!

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have the silver one and like it. It's an entry-level model without any bells and whistles, but it does what I need it to do. If you use the Search link at the top of the page, there's a ton of posts about it.

It comes with a chest strap and gives me: total duration, time in-zone, calories burned, avg heart rate, max heart rate

If you're unsure about what to get, there's a product finder on the Polar website:
    http://www.polar.fi/en/products
  • downsizedanno
    Options
    The FT4 is a good little monitor. Very simple and basic. I also have the RS100 which has a bit more features. I actually prefer the FT4 because it is more simple and basic.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ok I'm going to ask a really stupid question so beware.
    I looked at this HRM on amazon and it's a cute little watch. Are you supposed to wear the cheat strap for it to work? told you, stupid question
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    ok I'm going to ask a really stupid question so beware.
    I looked at this HRM on amazon and it's a cute little watch. Are you supposed to wear the cheat strap for it to work? told you, stupid question

Yes you wear the chest strap when you are using the reat rate feature... But not the watch
  • Iamkim73
    Options
    I have the f4 and love it. No issues with it ever.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT40 today ...the one i bought was so easy to program and start up....i had previously purchased a cheaper New Balance and it wasn't counting the calories correctly and it was confusing to program and start....i am so glad that i went with the Polar...also...the Polar has larger digits...easier to read!
    San :)
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You can wear the watch as a watch (I do) but it won't take your heart rate... to get your heart rate you need to wear the chest strap.

I have the pink one and I absolutely love it :) I used to have a Mio HR watch that I got to monitor my tacchycardia but it was too hard to use for exercise (had to put your fingers on it to get HR). I switched to the PolarFT4 about 2 or 3 months ago and wouldn't go back ... its perfect for a beginner new to HR monitors - very easy to use.
  • kiku76
    Options
    so if you don't wear the chest strap, what does the watch part do?
  • Iamkim73
    Options

It's just a watch. And you can see your work out history
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Without the chest strap, it is just a watch.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I ♥ My Polar FT4 !

I wear it almost everyday for all my workouts .... and last night I slept with it on to see what my " Resting Heart Rate " and calorie burn were .... such a dandy piece of technology !

I say ... GO FOR IT ! :flowerforyou:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have one also, and love it. Very easy to use.
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one today from Amazon. Can't wait to get it. I had the watch HRM, but I would usually bump the start/stop with my wrist & pause out most of my ZUMBA class. Hope you enjoy it!
  • kiku76
    Options
    oh I see. so to know how many calories you burned you would need the chest strap part right?

tnx for answering my questions. I see so much about HRM but I never really understood how they worked
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have this one. Its very good and easy to use. I can't say much about others since its the only one I have every owned but it works well!
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

That is an awesome question. I was wondering that myself when I was looking at them online. Bought it anyway without knowing the answer. So glad you asked.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Is the one I have .... Simple to use, gives me the data I need. No probs with it at all. I found the best price at bodytronics.com
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    oh I see. so to know how many calories you burned you would need the chest strap part right?

tnx for answering my questions. I see so much about HRM but I never really understood how they worked

The chest strap is where the actual monitor is snapped on. It sits on your heart to measure your heart rate. The watch is where the monitor sends the information, and it houses all the information.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

That is an awesome question. I was wondering that myself when I was looking at them online. Bought it anyway without knowing the answer. So glad you asked.

Chest strap w / unit that attaches is what monitors your heart rate . The watch is basically the receiver . Having one without the other makes no sense. Talking about the Polar HRMs .....
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bump!

Literally just ordered this tonight and should be getting it on Wednesday... would love to see some more reviews :smile: