Polar FT4 HRM

Options

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have the f4 and love it. No issues with it ever.
    me too
  • Gionni
    Gionni Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have an orange one and love it
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this topic, bit the bullet and ordered a Polar FT4! ^_^ I can't wait to get it!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it!!
  • soymilkcoffee
    soymilkcoffee Posts: 171
    Options
    I've had the Polar FT4 for over a year, and it's working like it's brand new. You wear the chest strap when working out and the watch will tell you in real time your heart rate, if you're in your heart rate "zone", time elapsed and your calories burned. It also keeps a record of your workouts up to a certain point so you can always check your watch for your workout summary if you forgot to log into MFP.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    oh I see. so to know how many calories you burned you would need the chest strap part right?

tnx for answering my questions. I see so much about HRM but I never really understood how they worked

The chest strap is where the actual monitor is snapped on. It sits on your heart to measure your heart rate. The watch is where the monitor sends the information, and it houses all the information.
    tnx. so the chest strap transmits the data and will also tell you how many calories you burned?
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have the pink and purple one and love it! I've never had a single issue.
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ok I'm going to ask a really stupid question so beware.
    I looked at this HRM on amazon and it's a cute little watch. Are you supposed to wear the cheat strap for it to work? told you, stupid question
    Yes you wear the chest strap when you are using the reat rate feature... But not the watch
    So, the cheat strap is to measure the reat rate?
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have the pink one, as do 3 of my mates. We all LOVE them :)
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    I have the Polar FT40, I LOVE it;)
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I do, I do!!! lol
    I got it for my birthday..I love it!
  • _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    They retail for around double the US price in Australia, so I managed to grab one from Amazon - but in my frugality I had to settle for the bronze one, when it was probably my least favourite colour. NEVER MIND, IT DOES THE JOB.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I looked at this HRM on amazon and it's a cute little watch. Are you supposed to wear the cheat strap for it to work? told you, stupid question
    Yes you wear the chest strap when you are using the reat rate feature... But not the watch

Let me get this straight....you don't have to wear the watch when you're wearing the chest strap? I don't see how that works..because I know when I wear both...I can actually SEE my target zones, my heart rate, my time of exercise, AND my calories burned.
    NOT wearing the watch makes no sense.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Let me get this straight....you don't have to wear the watch when you're wearing the chest strap? I don't see how that works..because I know when I wear both...I can actually SEE my target zones, my heart rate, my time of exercise, AND my calories burned.

Pretty sure you need to be wearing both....
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical machine at home that works with the chest strap (neither the elliptical manufacturer nor Polar mention this compatibility, oddly) to show my HR. I still use the watch for calories burned, though.

Also, if you think you look dorky with a watch, you could put the watch in your pocket, and it would still work. :tongue:
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    I really like mine because I do a lot of exercises that are difficult to calculate calories for. I still take it with a grain of salt though.

Someone said they hit the buttons by mistake: Since the strap is what is doing the sensing, you don't need to wear the watch around your wrist. I put it on my bra strap or even onto a machine when I'm using it to keep it out of the way, but it still reads everything.

For certain workouts I like to watch the reading as I sweat, but others, like dancing, you can't focus on what you are doing if you are looking at a watch the whole time.
  • erh12275
    erh12275 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it. Use it for gym and swimming. Definately recommend it.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    love it!!!
  • kellekaj
    kellekaj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've got the orange one - has it for almost 2 years. Love it - 2 other friends have the same in differnet colours and also love it. Easy to use - caters to the needs of those looking to lose weight/get fit or maintain. Even puts a birthday message on the screen for your birthday ;-)