jillian michaels is boring

Options
13»

Replies

• kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did two weeks of Insanity before injuring my ankles from the high impact exercises. Shaun T. makes Jillian Michaels look like the lady who used to do the chair aerobics program on PBS when I was a kid. I started the Ripped in 30 workout today and while I feel tired from having not worked out in a month and a half, I have a feeling I will get bored of this pretty quick.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    MUTE + MUSIC
    Part of what make these DVDs successful is the subliminal messaging provided within the soundtrack. You are doing yourself a disservice my muting the sound.

Why would I want subliminal messages from a DVD? When I am lifting at the gym, I dont need the 'messages', so I dont need them during DVDs noise either.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    MUTE + MUSIC

Haha, I've done this on a lot of workout video's. Most all of them tend to annoy me in some way or another.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    MUTE + MUSIC
    Part of what make these DVDs successful is the subliminal messaging provided within the soundtrack. You are doing yourself a disservice my muting the sound.

Why would I want subliminal messages from a DVD? When I am lifting at the gym, I dont need the 'messages', so I dont need them during DVDs noise either.

*shakes fist and scowls*

Yeah!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    MUTE + MUSIC
    The messages are crucial. Whereas Jillian is a reptilian extraterrestrial, the messages are designed to help humans attain a higher plane of existence -- one step in her plan.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Love her workouts! They are fast and effective! Had great results with 30DS and am having great results with Ripped In 30! I especially love her when she is muted and I have my surround sound on with some good music!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones. They are all great! The Banish Fat is more cardio, and the Trouble Zones is more weights. I like to alternate the two. Maybe that's just an older DVD of her's and that's why it's kind of boring?
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    She definitley is a bore. I just started her Six Week 6 Pack! But as long as I'm passed out in a puddle of my own sweat at the end of the DVD, I think the boredom is well worth it *shrug*
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I find her hilarious.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't like Jillian. My favorites are Cathe Friedrich, Jeanette Jenkins, Michelled Dozois, and Turbofire. They're advanced workouts and much more fun.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I workout with her daily and find her anything but boring! Crank up some of your favorite music-do the workout without instruction. I have 30 day shred/6 week 6 pack and No More Trouble Zones-and one my way to buy her Kick boxing DVD-love Jillian.

try jillianmichaels.com/shred for online circuits free 30 day trail. This is how I got back into great shape!
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    MUTE + MUSIC
    The messages are crucial. Whereas Jillian is a reptilian extraterrestrial, the messages are designed to help humans attain a higher plane of existence -- one step in her plan.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS & RI30. I agree, the talking can get to be a bit much. I always have my own music on while I'm doing the workouts, that way I stay motivated.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Love the body revolution because its something different every day. I did slim in six and HATED it. It was the same thing every day and when you moved up it was the same moves but maybe add a bicep curl. So with body revolution you do "fronts" one day and then "backs" the next and then cardio the next and repeat. then a day off.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I think its rather sad if people get all arsey over saying Jillian is boring. Her workouts are excellent but her dvd layouts are gloomy and the music is non existent. Press mute and get yer I pod out.
  • MZNIKKIEVABLESSED
    MZNIKKIEVABLESSED Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try Jackie Warner. She has some good workouts!
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I own several of her dvd's and I don't like her workouts. I'm sure they are effective but I just don't like her style and always reach for another dvd. Billy Blanks and Taebo is my all time favorite. I just don't like Jillian's "I'm a bad mean b!tch and I'm gonna kick your *kitten*" style.