COFFEE!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    On a quick day I grab a Dunkin Donuts. If I have a little extra time I go for a Cumberland Farms (You make it yourself and it's only 99 cents). On a cheat day, I grab a Honey Dew Mocha Madness iced coffee yummmmmmmmm

But if I can, I have coffee at home, which is maybe 2 times a week. I worked at a coffee shop for 7 years, so I can make a mean cup'o'joe :laugh:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Stop spending oodles of money on coffee. Dear god, it adds up quicker than you think. Invest in a Keurig. Set yourself a target price for K cups. My goal is 60 cents or less a cup. The average is 90 cents or more per cup. I have succeeded getting in the 47 cents a cup range. Keep 2 or 3 flavored creamers on hand. The possibilities are endless. Each cup is fresh and hot (or cold if you wanna do iced coffee like I do). And you know exactly what's going in it.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    For a long time I used Boca Java. Liked their "Light Up Los Olas" the best. After they were sold (and bought) the coffee was similar in quality but we decided it was more expensive than we wanted to continue to spend, so after 8 years, we dropped them.

I brew Starbucks at home and at the office. Grind my own at home and have to have the coffee ground for the office coffee group. "Tribute" is my favorite (a limited release coffee). I like Italian and Cafe Verona. Pike is a nice alternative and what we generally use at the office.

There are also a couple of local coffee suppliers/roasters that are quite good.

Large cups, two tsp sugar w/ H&H. My sugar use has gone down.

Life is too short for bad coffee.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    At home, I love Van Houtte's coffee. I usually have either the chocolate or butterscotch flavored variety.

Coffee while out is always Starbucks... Grande Skinny Caramel Macchiato :D
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No one makes better coffee than Dunkin Donuts.
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mc Donalds because we have one in the hospital were I work.
    Starbucks when I want something that is flavored and with milk,
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Coffeeshop coffee is foul and I don't know how folks drink it, especially at the ridiculous temperature it's served not to mention the extortionate prices they charge in Starbucks, Nerro, Costa and the like. Then again, I only drink black coffee.

When I moved back to the UK, I found it strange that I have to ask for a black coffee otherwise it's presumed to be white.

I love the Nespresso coffee we have in our London office:love::tongue: , but sadly we don't have a Nespresso machine in our Birmingham office :frown:

Otherwise, I just drink instant. We do have a filter coffee machine at home, but I'm too lazy nowadays! I used to drink pots of fresh coffee when I lived in the Netherlands.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I love Starbuck's and Tully's.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Community Coffee! Dark Roast - Straight up!

I am a community coffee girl too. with 1.5 tsp sugar and cream
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts! But they don't have any near me since we moved :( Now I use on of the single cup brewers at home and I am in love. Starbucks is to dark and bitter for my taste.
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I really don't care for Starbucks, I think it's bitter tasting and it's my least favorite coffee.

There is a local gas station that brews really good coffee that I will get if I don't have time to make my own at home.

I like Tully's and Peets but they aren't close to home.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I make it at home and take a thermos in. I cold-brew coffee (soak the grounds in room-temperature water for 12 hours, then filter out the grounds), which makes a very nice "coffee concentrate". Mix that half-and-half with water, microwave it, COFFEE!

That insulated thermos has paid for itself SO MANY TIMES over! And I can sip at nice hot coffee all morning.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just make it at home. My dad got me a Keurig for my birthday. I love it! Occasionally I will stop at the gas station. I usually do 3/4 of the cup with coffee, then the rest with cappuccino.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    Options
    When I moved back to the UK, I found it strange that I have to ask for a black coffee otherwise it's presumed to be white.

I live in Maine, and I've had to catch myself several times ordering "Regular Coffee" because to Dunkin Donuts "Regular Coffee" apparently means violating the laws of physics by putting more cream and sugar in the cup than should fit. I don't know if they have some sort of TARDIS circuitry in their coffee cups or what but I swear my 12 ounce coffee had 4 gallons of cream and 2 5-pound bags of sugar. :noway:

The next time, I ordered it "black" and stopped the poor woman after she had scooped about 9 scoops of sugar in, when I realized she was making MY coffee..
    "wait! Is that mine? I wanted mine black, please!"
    "black coffee means no cream but lots of sugar, sir, but I'll happily remake it for you! What would you like in it?"
    "Coffee. Just coffee. Black."
    "No, what would you like IN your coffee."
    "Nothing."
    "So you want black no sugar, then, would you like any sweetener packets to go with it?"
    "No. Take a cup, pour the strongest actual coffee you have in it, put a lid on it, and I'll be a happy man"
    (pause)
    "OK. Sugar/creamer station is over there if you prefer to add it yourself. How many stirrers do you need?"
    "I'm good, thanks."

"Black, no sugar" appears to be the new way of saying "regular". But people keep asking "which sweetener do you want, then?". None! I'm drinking coffee. If I wanted hot soda, I'd buy soda and boil it. :laugh:

But then again, I guess calling the shifter in my car a "standard" is equally anachronistic, since it's reaching the point where I have to special-order my vehicle - everything in stock is automatic. So my manual transmission is not "standard" any more. :)
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am a DUNKIN DONUTS coffee drinker. Unfortunately they do not have any in NE so I hit McD's. Since they started their McCafe, it is the best buck cup of coffee around. When I go to Chicago, DD's is the 1st stop before getting on the train at Midway. :) I am from the midwest and it used to be that you could order a black coffee and that is exactly what you got. Now you have to say, black-no sugar. When I lived out east 'lite & sweet' or 'regular' would get you cream & sugar, learned that the hard way. I ONLY drink it strong, hot and black (no sugar)!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    Options
    I love Starbucks, but I lack the years it takes to learn to order coffee there. Even trying to find out which size was smallest was frustrating, because the Baristas or whatever they call the servers seem deeply offended by the term "small" for some reason.

"I'll have a small black coffee with no sweetener, please."
    "We don't have small. We have tall, grande' and vente'"
    "Which is the smallest?"
    (slower)"We have tall, grande' and vente'"
    "Fine. Which is the smallest?"
    (even slower)"We have tall, grande' and vente'"
    "And 'tall' is the smallest of the three, right?"
    (*really* slow)"We have tall, grande' and vente'"
    "Can I see the cups, please?"
    (he proceeds to get three empty cups, holding them up, saying really slowly) "Talll... Graaaannnndddeeeee', Veeeeennnnttteee'"
    "Tall, please" (waited until coffee was delivered) "and you know you could have just said "tall is the smallest cup we sell" like I asked in the first place without being an *kitten* about it."

Then I took a sip and for a second wondered if he had figured out a way to urinate in it.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I'm all over the board when it comes to coffee. There's an amazing local coffee shop here but its on the pricier side like Starbucks. There is no starbucks because I live in a small town, but it's what I go for if I want a fancy drink in the city. Otherwise, I have a Keurig and I love the thing to death. :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks, but I lack the years it takes to learn to order coffee there. Even trying to find out which size was smallest was frustrating, because the Baristas or whatever they call the servers seem deeply offended by the term "small" for some reason.

"I'll have a small black coffee with no sweetener, please."
    "We don't have small. We have tall, grande' and vente'"
    "Which is the smallest?"
    (slower)"We have tall, grande' and vente'"
    "Fine. Which is the smallest?"
    (even slower)"We have tall, grande' and vente'"
    "And 'tall' is the smallest of the three, right?"
    (*really* slow)"We have tall, grande' and vente'"
    "Can I see the cups, please?"
    (he proceeds to get three empty cups, holding them up, saying really slowly) "Talll... Graaaannnndddeeeee', Veeeeennnnttteee'"
    "Tall, please" (waited until coffee was delivered) "and you know you could have just said "tall is the smallest cup we sell" like I asked in the first place without being an *kitten* about it."

Then I took a sip and for a second wondered if he had figured out a way to urinate in it.

That's why I no longer go to Starbucks. I don't need a damn lesson. Hey, Baristas. Guess what?

You are in the SERVICE industry. If someone wants a small espresso with milk, you don't have to "educate" them that it is really a "Tall Latte" okay? Just give me the coffee and hold the sarcastic elitism.

Kaithxbai.
  • ItsDiana
    ItsDiana Posts: 60
    Options
    I normally drink black coffee, but I go to Starbucks for a cappuccino with soy milk (or any other coffee shop that's serves coffee with soy milk, as I'm milk intollerant).

((I've worked at Starbucks for 2 months, got loads of free coffees and foods and gained 2-3kg. I used to drink grande's or venti's all the time, now I keep to a tall! I was quite shocked when I heard how many kcals some Starbucks foods/coffees hold... unbelievable!))
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    sweetmarias.com