What's Everyone Grilling This Year?

Options
lukeout007
lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
Post your favorite healthy grilling recipes. I'm looking for some ideas as I'll be grilling a lot this year...

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm posting so I can come back and get ideas from here :smile: Great topic!
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    chicken kebabs with grilled pinapple, onions, pepper and maybe turkey sausage

For the chicken, marinate it in equal parts honey, soy sauce, and olive oil and add chopped garlic. Delicious!
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    Good Idea!!! Yum, I want to see the recipes too!
  • morningsun3112
    morningsun3112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love grilling out and also am interested in healthy grilling.
  • LindaLou252
    LindaLou252 Posts: 106
    Options
    Looking for some new ideas, too! My husband and I love to grill!!! Tired of the same ole... The chiken kebabs sound wonderful! Never thought of using pineapple with kebabs or chicken! :)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Lot's of veggies are great on the grill...asparagus, corn on the cob, carrots...

I did green beans last night in my grill tray....good stuff.
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Salmon turkey burgers chicken breast boring but high protein foods :-)
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously addicted to this right now. It's a Bobby Flay recipe that I converted to be a bit lower in fat/calories.

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Ingredients

2 Tblspns. Canola Oil
    1 onion, coarsely chopped
    2 scallions, coarsely chopped
    3 Whole Habaneros (Scotch Bonnets)
    1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
    6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
    1 teaspoon dried Thyme
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon light brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
    Pinch ground cloves
    1 teaspoon ground allspice
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 Tblspns. fresh lime juice
    16 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs trimmed of fat *OR*
    8 to10 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts hammered out.

To prepare the jerk chicken:
    Directions

Puree all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor until almost smooth. Piece the chicken with a fork to make tiny holes. Place the chicken in a large shallow baking dish and rub the marinade into the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours, depending on how intense you want the flavor to be. Preheat grill. Grill chicken on each side for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    halibut
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    This is the best ever grill recipe...Bobby Flay's Greek style chicken. My husband and I make it at least once a week, but we use boneless chicken breast and also usually put grape tomatoes on a bamboo skewer instead of plum tomatoes. Don't be put off by the number of ingredients. It's easy enough for a week night meal.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/butterflied-chicken-greek-style-recipe/index.html
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Grilling:

Tilapia
    Salmon
    Steak
    Tri-tip

Smoking:

Brisket
    Ribs
    Pork Shoulder
    Chicken
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything!
  • dmanning0819
    dmanning0819 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Grilled peaches!!!

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    2 tablespoons honey
    3 peaches, pitted and each cut into 6 wedges
    Cooking spray $
    1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil $
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    Dash of kosher salt
    10 cup trimmed arugula (about 10 ounces)
    2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch strips
    2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese

Preparation
    1. Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until vinegar is reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in honey. Cool to room temperature.
    2. Prepare grill to high heat.
    3. Place peach wedges on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear but peaches are still firm. Remove from grill; set aside.
    4. Combine oil, pepper, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula, tossing gently to coat. Arrange arugula mixture on a platter. Top with peach wedges and prosciutto. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with cheese.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I spray the grill with some olive oil, then throw the meat on it until it's cooked. Sometimes, I'll throw some vegetables on there too.
  • EmHorn4
    EmHorn4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My favorite is steak tip kabobs. I marinate about a pound of steak tips in beef marinade (Stubb's is my favorite because its got a little kick and a whole lot of flavor to it, but any marinade - or no marinade - will do). I cut the steak up into chunks and with long skewers I put on a cherry tomato, a slice of onion, a piece of green pepper, a chunk of steak, and repeat once. Usually this will make you about 6 skewers - great for a dinner for two.
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Grilled marinated teryaki chicken breast w/ grilled pineapple w/ steamed asparagus (I read or heard somewhere it's important to have a non grilled green veggie when grilling food)

grilled lemon/garlic salmon filet w/ grilled sweet potato & steamed broccoli

summer squash & shrimp skewers & mango salsa on top

YUM!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I grill EVERYTHING! I'm loving Tilapia and salmon, lately. For the Tilapia, just put a little Mrs. Dash or Lemon Pepper on it (OR you can put a lemon pepper marinade on it, as well) wrap it in tinfoil and throw it on the grill. Very tasty! I also like to cut up potatoes and onions, sprinkle Lowry's on them, and spray them w/ No Calorie Spray Butter and wrap them in tinfoil to grill. OR I cut up Zucchini and Squash and carrots, and use the spray butter and Lowry's on THOSE, wrap them in tinfoil and grill'em up. Bacon-wrapped Turkey steaks are really good, too. I get them at Hy-vee. They have Bacon-wrapped Pork Steaks, too. And little ribeyes, as well. :love:
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Corn! Seriously >> it's amazing.

Not exactly GRILLED but the other night Boyfriend and I made a big bonfire with a few friends and cooked some hot dogs with metal skewers. Deliciouuus.
  • Tyidwo
    Tyidwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make grilled chicken fairly often, I recently tried McCormick Grillmates marinade packets, they come in a packet with herbs and spices and you add oil/vinegar/meat and let them marinate for a while before grilling... the tomato basil garlic one is amazing, Ive tried a few others which were not quite as good, but I'd highly recomend the tomato basil garlic, its also really quick to prep if you dont have much time to spare.