What's Everyone Grilling This Year?

Options

Replies

• Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    ^^ holy COW! :laugh:

And I'll eat everything except for the sunglasses!

Heat grill to 400-450,

Sear about 4 minutes per side.

Enjoy!
  • Dan112358
    Options

Party at Dan's place. I'll bring the beer.

I'll heat the grill up when I get home from the gym!
  • lesanncan
    lesanncan Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    squash! sliced thinly, salt and pepper straight on the grill! ( and i normally dont like squash)
  • Dan112358
    Options
    Here's a couple more:

mmmmm....

Before:
    dd19190e.jpg

After:
    827a42bd.jpg
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Avocadoes are delicious! Cut em in half, remove the seed, and then cut into sections but keep it all intact (don't remove them from the skin). Top with pico de gallo & shredded cheese then set them off to the side, not directly over the fire. You'll know they're done when the cheese is melted (about 15-20 mins). They get that amazing smokey flavor; so good!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    There are some great ideas in this thread so far.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Shrimp on skewers. If you use wood skewers, soak in water before using. Peel shrimp (I leave a little of the tail on so you can use it to get them off of the skewers. Season to taste what ever that may be and put on grill. They cook really fast and are so good!!!!!!!! Large fantail works best but any shrimp will do.
  • jenniprr
    jenniprr Posts: 119
    Options
    on the grill:
    -shrimp (marinated)
    -turkey burgers
    -buffalo/ bison burgers
    -salmon or any fish really
    -lobster tail
    -steaks, of course
    -asparagus- I think this is the best way to eat it!
    -fresh pineapple rings -throw a little marscapone mixed with a little nutella in the center when it comes off the grill for extra YUM and naughtiness
    -chicken (marinated or BBQ)
    -fish filet in tin foil packets
    -mixed fresh veg (yellow and green squash, onion, quartered mushrooms, bell pepper w/ a little evoo and S&P)
    -veggie burgers
    -lean pork chops (marinated)

I love Ken's light Caesar dressing (NOT the creamy kind) as a marinade for chicken and shrimp!

For pork chops I use a marinade with evoo, fresh lemon juice, oregano and s&p
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Core apples, shove some brown sugar in the hole, wrap in foil, grill.
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Super simple but one of my new faves is grilled potatoes. You cut the potatoes into 3/4 in. slices and boil them for about 6 min. (or until soft but not quite cooked through). Then spray them with cooking spray, and sprinkle them with garlic powder and salt, and grill both sides for 3-5 min. each (until soft and have nice grilling marks).
  • Peppychristian
    Options
    Grilled marinated teryaki chicken breast w/ grilled pineapple w/ steamed asparagus (I read or heard somewhere it's important to have a non grilled green veggie when grilling food)

YUM!

Why no grilled green vegetables? I love grilled asparagus.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    my fav thing to grill is pineapple... its sooo yumm that way... and the norm sweet corn, potatoes, dogs, burgers, steaks, squash/veggies...
  • Peppychristian
    Options
    My dh also made a skewer with salmon and pineapple that had been briefly marinated. Soooo good! Not sure the exact recipe. I would have to look it up.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I've recently gotten into lamb chops. Not gamey, just like a tender piece of steak.

The following is from How to Grill by Steven Raichlen

Sichuan-Spiced Lamb Chops
    Serves 4 [I think 4 really hungry people. More like 6-8]

8 loin lamb chops, (2 inches thick; 6-8 oz. each)
    1 tsp ground Sichuan peppercorns
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1 tsp coarse salt
    1 tsp white pepper
    ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
    2 Tbsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    ¼ c chopped fresh cilantro
    Chili-Mint Jelly (recipe follows)

1. Trim excess fat off the chops, and arrange in baking dish. Combine peppercorns, coriander, salt, pepper, and five-spice powder in a bowl and stir to mix. Sprinkle rub over chops on both sides, patting down with fingertips
    2. Brush the chops on both sides with sesame oil. Sprinkle with garlic and cilantro, again patting down with your fingertips. Let the lamb marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 30-60 minutes. [I let them marinate from morning until diner.]
    3. Set up the grill for direct grill and preheat to high.
    4. When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate. Place chops on the hot grate and grill until cooked to taste, 4 to 8 minutes for medium rare (an instant-read meat thermometer will register about 145ºF. Rotate the chops 90 degrees after about 2 minutes to create hatchmarks. Turn the chops on their edges for 1 to 2 minutes to grill them.
    5. Transfer to platter and let rest for 3 minutes.

Chili-Mint Jelly

¾ c mint jelly
    2 to 3 Tbsp sambal oelek (see note)
    1 Tbsp white vinegar

Combine all ingredients in non-reactive bowl and whisk to mix.

Note: Sambal oelek, a fiery Indonesian chili paste, is available at Asian markets and many gourmet shops. You can substitute Vietnamese or Thai chili paste or ever your favorite North American chili jelly or hot sauce.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Taking some of this:
    Ribeyesbefore.jpg
    And doing a little that:
    Ribeyesafter.jpg
    And also some Tri Tip:
    TriTip.jpg
    Now that I think about it, I will likely grill anything I can throw onto the grill.
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hobo packets:

Salmon, onion, pepers, and asparagus in a foil packet. Squeeze an orange over it and brush the salmon with spicy mustard. Roll the packet up, for heat, and grill away from the fire for about 20 min. Yum.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    bump - need some good grilling ideas!
  • LindaLou252
    LindaLou252 Posts: 106
    Options
    Some great ideas! Thanks for starting this post! :)
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I make potatoes on the grill

three potatoes cut into quarters
    1/2 an onion cut up
    one clove of minced garlic
    dash of black and cayenne pepper
    drizzled with olive oil

I put this in aluminum foil and wrap it up then I just throw it on the grill until the potatoes are tender...the whole family loves it.
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    I love to grill tilapia!
    I make a tinfoil packet, spray the inside with cooking spray. I then use the spray margaine on the fish, salt and pepper and squeeze come lemon juice on top (real lemons are the best). Fod the packet and grill.

Also I like pineapple on the grill....bbq chicken....hmm...I grill all year long...even when its -40 below here in North Dakota.