Baby names

Options

Replies

• Changing__Christina
    Options
    Girl:
    CALISTA (my first daughter's name, not common at all)
    ELLA (my second daughter's name, very common)
    MONROE (as in Marilyn Monroe...its what I would have named another girl if I had one)
    NICOLETTE
    VICTORIA

Boy:
    ELI
    BLAKE
    CHARLIE (not charles)
    any traditional name that you wont shorten Daniel, Michael, David, ect.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    What ethnicity is your family? Mine is Irish & German, so I suggested a lot of Celtic and Germanic names for my sister's son. We have a Kerry, Kelly, Moira, and Greta among my cousins.

Does your family have any traditions you can commemorate with the name? Since my family were farmers for many generations, and still really enjoy gardening, we tend to have a lot of plant & tree names. In my family we have a Lily, Holly, Willow, Aspen, Ash, Lee (which is an old word for "meadow") and Rose.

I also like names that mean something. I went to school with a girl named "Liberty." Then there's Grace, Serenity, Destiny or Joy.

And it you get completely stumped, you can always just go with birth month. I have grandmothers with middle names "June" and "May," and a cousin named August (he goes by Gus).
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Mia, Olivia, Regan, Rylee, Chloe, Eva for a girl

Oliver, Jaxon, Noah, Abel, Jacob, for boys
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've thought and re-thought baby names probably a million times.

Girl names I like: Senna, Amanda, Ingeborg (Norwegian), Elizabeth (Lizzy for short), Ellinor (a family name), Emelia (another family name), Linnea (too common in Norway now, but this is my sister's name), Emely, Freya, Elsa (family name again), Sophie (my niece <3), Liv (means life).. agghhh too many.

Boys names I like: David.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    William is a good one. It's traditional but can be shortened in many different ways. Andrew is another one that can have multiple nicknames.
  • markyz30
    markyz30 Posts: 3
    Options
    *Boys*
    Nathan
    Ryan
    Mason
    Austin
    Blake

*Girls*
    Rachel
    Ava
    Marissa

For name meaning visit website Babynology.com
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Girl: flowery names like, Daisy, Rose, Lily, Poppy
    Boys: Biblical names like, Isaac, Noah, Jacob, Luke
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby coming your way!

I'm not one for names that are out there. I like Daniel for a boy and Katie for a girl.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Love Ian.. :)
    our girl's name is jacqueline. We love the traditional names too.
    another girl name could be Michaela
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Rose for a girl, Brayden for a girl
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Samantha, goes with Julia...and is my eldest daughters name :smile:

<<<<< my 3 daughters, Samantha in the middle
  • Broken420
    Broken420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ariel, Lily (watch for silly Lily)

My daughter's name IS Ariel Riann and my great-grandma was Lily :heart:

Adam(a damn Smith), David

I so would have used Adam if I had only had another boy...the name of my first crush in Kindergarten :flowerforyou:
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    I like non-traditional names I guess but not so out of whack that my kids are going to get beat up for them!! LOL

I have a Regan and a Declan...both "traditional" Irish names :)

If you like more regular names you can always go old school like my friend has 2 daughters and named them Amelia and Eleanor love those!

I do like Wyatt for a boy or girl though!

Good luck and Congratulations!!!!

Regan is my name!! and it's even spelled the same way! lol that is highly unusual for me to hear someone else with my name. Growing up I only knew one other person with the same name but they spelled their like the President. I think it's starting to become more popular though lol guess my mom was just ahead of her time
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    i know someone that knows someone who named thier kid, first name now, ready... Hitler...
    and they named their daughter arionation (arein nation)

damn... sometimes, the law should intervine..... a boy growing up with the name Hitler.... not gonna be good....
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i know someone that knows someone who named thier kid, first name now, ready... Hitler...

damn... sometimes, the law should intervine..... a boy growing up with the name Hitler.... not gonna be good....

Oh, you mean you know these guys?
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/adolf-hitler-sister-aryan-nation-remain-foster-care-33-months-parents-fight-return-article-1.968340
  • aba160
    aba160 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    boy name(s): Garret, Preston
    girl name(s): Hayley, Claire
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Yay my favorite topic!
    My favorites: Easton, Nathan, Jillian, Lauren, Beau, Boyd, Patrick, Jonathan, Brent, Kimber, Brendan, Brandon, Kendall, Reagan, Clint, Kennedy, Mischa, Braden, Crosby, Eric, Colby, Cameron, Blair, Grant, Archer, Sabrina, Serena, Caren, Zara, Celestine, Kensely, Maripier (NY Ranger Brandon Prust's girlfriend's name - I saw it on Twitter and it's soooo pretty to me), Logan
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options

Oh, you mean you know these guys?
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/adolf-hitler-sister-aryan-nation-remain-foster-care-33-months-parents-fight-return-article-1.968340

thats it!!! Someone I know told me that story.. Flemington is not to far from where I stay....
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    We have a Jasper Griffin and Marlaina Blu.

Jay and Marley. :)

Another Jasper! Mine is Jasper Alexander. :)

I'm a Julie/a and my brothers name is Joshua. Just throwing that out there. Congrats on the new addition!