A heavy weight lifter in street clothes...

Options

Replies

• ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    not at all! you look great!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No.

But I have seen other women who do. It's all about body composition and how much testosterone you have. Some women do bulk up in a way I would not want to. It's tough to know what your personal result will be until you do it and it's scary for some women.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If that is bulky and masculine, then I want IN!!!
    you look great!!!
  • helenrachel123
    helenrachel123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and very slim and very nicely toned not bulky or muscley in any way keep up the great work, good motivation for those of us who have just started lifting weights, I have just started body pump recently and am really enjoying it, think people think that weight lifting will turn us females into the incredible hulk which is just not true. My mum is horrified that I have started weight lifting and thinks that I am going to get bulky and manly looking
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I didn't post this just to be an attention *kitten* (okay, maybe a little). It's part of my endless marketing campaign to get more women into weight lifting.:love:

it's working! Really makes me want to start lifting more!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    You look great. I would have never thought you could bench that!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    I think you look amazing!..

I lift heavy and also had ppl telling me, in pm's, that I looked "bulky." Not in this pic but when I have my gunz shot up..
    ehh..:yawn: is all I have to say to them.

Keep up the great work!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    No.

But I have seen other women who do. It's all about body composition and how much testosterone you have. Some women do bulk up in a way I would not want to. It's tough to know what your personal result will be until you do it and it's scary for some women.

Except I do gain muscle easier than a lot of women. When I lifted in college I annoyed my lifting partner because she was stronger but my biceps were bigger and more defined. I went on a "bulk" over the winter. I ate 3000 calories for 4 months in an effort to gain muscle. "They" say that women who do everything right to gain muscle should only be able to gain a pound of muscle a month. I'm pretty sure I gained more than that (I gained 10lbs total, and am pretty sure 6 of that was NOT fat). My flexed biceps are 12.5in big, my quads are 20", my hips and *kitten* 40".

The difference is not building muscle easily, the difference between "bulky" and "lean" is body fat percentage.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    No, but I feel comparatively weak :(

^ THIS!!! :)
  • rml_16
    Options
    No.

Except I do gain muscle easier than a lot of women. When I lifted in college I annoyed my lifting partner because she was stronger but my biceps were bigger and more defined. I went on a "bulk" over the winter. I ate 3000 calories for 4 months in an effort to gain muscle. "They" say that women who do everything right to gain muscle should only be able to gain a pound of muscle a month. I'm pretty sure I gained more than that (I gained 10lbs total, and am pretty sure 6 of that was NOT fat). My flexed biceps are 12.5in big, my quads are 20", my hips and *kitten* 40".

The difference is not building muscle easily, the difference between "bulky" and "lean" is body fat percentage.

Are you saying the bulkier women have more fat or less? I'm talking about women who have very little body fat and a LOT of muscle definition. Not everyone has those results, but some do and I think that's what a lot of women are afraid of having happen.

Personally, it's not the look I want. I like your results and is what I'm hoping for.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! For you

Im pressing 110....squatting 150.....Deadlifting 175 currently

Im so bulky huh....:noway:

Thanks for the post :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No.

Except I do gain muscle easier than a lot of women. When I lifted in college I annoyed my lifting partner because she was stronger but my biceps were bigger and more defined. I went on a "bulk" over the winter. I ate 3000 calories for 4 months in an effort to gain muscle. "They" say that women who do everything right to gain muscle should only be able to gain a pound of muscle a month. I'm pretty sure I gained more than that (I gained 10lbs total, and am pretty sure 6 of that was NOT fat). My flexed biceps are 12.5in big, my quads are 20", my hips and *kitten* 40"!.

This. I have PCOS and my testosterone is higher than most women. I am bulky..... but not because of my muscles but because of the 4 fat on top of it. I thing you look stunning Rae
  • Rae6503
    Options
    wow! You look awesome and i am impressed with you strength! now i wanna know what you look like in a swim suit!

Psst: there are some in my profile pictures.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You're so hot.

I do wonder what I'd even be able to lift if I tried *LOL*
  • breakthecycle
    breakthecycle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OMG I just started weight training one month ago and I bench 7.5 on each side :(:( but hey I started with 5 on each side. I LOVE lifting now. You are such an inspiration!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    No.

Are you saying the bulkier women have more fat or less? I'm talking about women who have very little body fat and a LOT of muscle definition. Not everyone has those results, but some do and I think that's what a lot of women are afraid of having happen.

Personally, it's not the look I want. I like your results and is what I'm hoping for.
    The women you are talking about are on steroids, and train for years to look like that. It isn't a natural look, or a way you can end up looking by accident.
  • Rae6503
    Options

That's not technically "bulk". Being lean with a lot of muscle definition is just what comes from having a very low body fat and having a normal level of muscles. Look at Madonna. Honestly, I doubt she's a heavy weight lifter. Her muscles aren't that big. She just has a really low body fat percentage. If you don't want to look like that, don't get that skinny. My body fat percentage is probably 22%, her is probably 17%.

But yes, it's okay to not want to be muscular. Nothing wrong with that. I personally love weight lifting and like to show what the benefits of weight lifting are.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I didn't post this just to be an attention *kitten* (okay, maybe a little). It's part of my endless marketing campaign to get more women into weight lifting.:love:

You've got a successful campaign going because you are one of my original inspirations for getting into lifting (even though I've taken a two week hiatus).
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You have that James bond girl kind of look. One of the villainesses. The, I'm going to crush your skull with my legs, then go powder my nose.

This is my favorite!
  • rml_16
    Options

That's not technically "bulk". Being lean with a lot of muscle definition is just what comes from having a very low body fat and having a normal level of muscles. Look at Madonna. Honestly, I doubt she's a heavy weight lifter. Her muscles aren't that big. She just has a really low body fat percentage. If you don't want to look like that, don't get that skinny. My body fat percentage is probably 22%, her is probably 17%.

But yes, it's okay to not want to be muscular. Nothing wrong with that. I personally love weight lifting and like to show what the benefits of weight lifting are.

Good point. I don't want the Madonna look, for sure!