ANYONE lost weight Jogging?

Options
13»

Replies

• AryaSnow
    Options
    I lost 9 kg (20 pounds) in 6 months by running almost every day and eating at a deficit
  • lmintek
    lmintek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I run 10km 6 days a week. With one dAY off. I eat most days below what my exercise calories call for as it is hard to eat 3000 cal. I slacked over the summer and gained about 17lbs. In 18 days running like this I have lost 8lbs. I am 38 and male and always been active. The type of calories I eat are not the greatest but they are calories. Good luck and keep it up. Running burns a sh%t load of calories depending on intensity. It also is one of the hardest things to start but soon becomes addictive.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    jogging and calorie counting !!
  • sherrodbrown18
    Options
    listen, if you eat the same crap you've been eating? Assuming you eat like everyone else....common junk food eater...AND then you start running when you didnt before? YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. if you were not burning, and NOW you are? you will lose weight. I dont know why these people talk like this. If you eat mcdonalds alot and High fructose products (not sugar..sugary drinks is not why this generation is gaining....its High fructose corn syrup, which has replaced sugar) BUT you run up and down the street? youre going to lose weight. People say "eat less calories and lose weight". And running burns calories. YET say, if you eat junk AND run, you wont lose anything. thats not logical. If I had you run every single moring 5 miles? ON THE STREET...not a treadmill, youre gonna lose weight..

Oh yeah...these people are usually talking about running on a tread mill with simulated hills etc.....Listen..running on the street? is a horse of another color. 2 miles on a machine? and 2 miles on your local street?
    here is a test for you posters. You say you can run 5 miles on a tread, but dont run the street? next time? run 5 miles on the street and lets see how far you get.

Listen...I really have been thinking on going back to the old way...run, lose weight, and put an end to these posters that are nothing more than repeating the efforts they made by following the corporate fueled methods.
    I dont believe ANYTHING I see from corporate america anymore, after the way I see they will do is regarding High fructose, or Acid reflux treatment (granny smith green apples work better than any product from Corporations), or how they have hidden the MASS benefits of Baking soda, from teeth whitening to cancer treatment. Yet they will tout the benefits of WEED!?
    that is..now that they are selling it! LOL

NO..... all you need to do is RUN. RUN like we all did in the past generations before the martha stewart generation got here. I think I'm gonna do a video. get some running shoes, and do this 1970s style. ON THE STREET....running like Rocky. Sans eggs drink.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    listen, if you eat the same crap you've been eating? Assuming you eat like everyone else....common junk food eater...AND then you start running when you didnt before? YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. if you were not burning, and NOW you are? you will lose weight. I dont know why these people talk like this. If you eat mcdonalds alot and High fructose products (not sugar..sugary drinks is not why this generation is gaining....its High fructose corn syrup, which has replaced sugar) BUT you run up and down the street? youre going to lose weight. People say "eat less calories and lose weight". And running burns calories. YET say, if you eat junk AND run, you wont lose anything. thats not logical. If I had you run every single moring 5 miles? ON THE STREET...not a treadmill, youre gonna lose weight..

Oh yeah...these people are usually talking about running on a tread mill with simulated hills etc.....Listen..running on the street? is a horse of another color. 2 miles on a machine? and 2 miles on your local street?
    here is a test for you posters. You say you can run 5 miles on a tread, but dont run the street? next time? run 5 miles on the street and lets see how far you get.

Listen...I really have been thinking on going back to the old way...run, lose weight, and put an end to these posters that are nothing more than repeating the efforts they made by following the corporate fueled methods.
    I dont believe ANYTHING I see from corporate america anymore, after the way I see they will do is regarding High fructose, or Acid reflux treatment (granny smith green apples work better than any product from Corporations), or how they have hidden the MASS benefits of Baking soda, from teeth whitening to cancer treatment. Yet they will tout the benefits of WEED!?
    that is..now that they are selling it! LOL

NO..... all you need to do is RUN. RUN like we all did in the past generations before the martha stewart generation got here. I think I'm gonna do a video. get some running shoes, and do this 1970s style. ON THE STREET....running like Rocky. Sans eggs drink.

LULZ...

Please explain how you can't lose eating "junk".

If the calorie intake is right, it doesn't matter if you run on the street or a treadmill, you'll lose weight.

Oh, I can run ~5-6 miles on the treadmill, usually get bored and move to something else.

On the street, not sure, the longest I went without stopping was 26.2 miles but then the route ended.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I've been running for 6+ months. Didn't see any weight loss until I started eating at a deficit 1 month ago.