Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of people here your size trying to improve their lives. NOONE is too fat to be here. If you are trying to get fit and healthy, you belong.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Anyone is welcome and don't you forget that! We all have similar goals right? To have the best body possible!
  • JenRei87
    JenRei87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    you're in the perfect place actually, welcome :) By being here it's your first step to a healthier you ^_^
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are here and taking the steps neccessary. Everyone is welcome, regardless of weight!
    Feel free to add me if you need/want more support!
  • zumbaabby
    zumbaabby Posts: 59
    Options
    welcome to mfp! you can add me if you would like :)! you are def not too fat...and you've taken the first step to change yourself...so awesome for you :)!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what you can do today cause I started with mostly just adjusting my diet. Getting back into fruits and veggies. Then I would do like 10 minute intervals on the stationary bike, walk half the block, do arm exercize with 3# weights..... pretty soon I was walking 1, 2 even 5 miles now, going up several flights of stairs without stopping, bought my own elliptical and still do the bike but for an hour! So just do what you can today and tomorrow will take care of itself. This is your lifestyle change not a diet, just settle in for the long haul.
  • suzymac6
    suzymac6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hope by now by reading the other posts you have realized that you are in the right place. I have been on every "diet" known to man and the only thing that has worked for me is taking it one step at a time. This tool and the online community is your support group. You can do this. Track your food, track your weight, and track your exercise. You will see the weight go down and the energy level go up.

Good luck to you!!
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think your too fat NOT to be here

^^^^ Really?? This woman pours her heart out looking for the support she needs from us and this is how you choose to respond? Did you not read the first line of her post, about her insecurities? Way to make her feel better. While your intentions may have been good, it sure didn't come out that way.

Maria, don't listen to him, girl!! Look at the 8+ other pages of positive posts and everyone here who wants to support you. You go girl! You got this and you already took the first step by joining MFP. Take it one day, one meal, one step at a time and reach out to all of us who are here for you whenever you need to!

xxhugs!xx
  • erikalg86
    erikalg86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Aww no hunny! This site is so amazing and user friendly! Some people are here to lose 10 pounds and other 100s! I think it is all going to be up to you and sticking to it. I know I swayed from tracking or got lazy. But I stuck with it for the last several months and if nothing else, it has REALLY made me aware of what I am eating every single day.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Of course you're not - there are lots of people on here with loads of weight to lose, all you have and much more. That's what the site's for.

I think somebody else posted this link already, but in case I was wrong here it is: do watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&feature=youtu.be

I see from your profile you already have 146 "friends" on MFP and I would think it would be a full time job to even keep slightly in touch with them, never mind concentrating on diet and exercise, still less adding more to your friendship circle...

I'd suggest setting some realistic goals for yourself, small ones that you know you can succeed at, to build up your confidence. Also use the support networks MFP offers; you've joined a group, but also select a manageable number of freinds who will help motivate you but who you can also offer support to in return. It might help you feel less alone with your problems.

Best wishes on your journey.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Welcome in to our safe place, the MFP people are the best anywhere and we will all support each other whether your a 100 pounds or 600 pounds. All it takes is to make that first step, we all started with that. Add me for the support if you'd like.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. This is a very supportive community. Make sure you surround yourself with supportive friends that can help you stay on track. Set you mind to this and it WILL happen. Best of luck! Feel free to add me if you want a friend.
  • monteb
    monteb Posts: 2
    Options
    I can assure you you are in the right place. It takes time, but if you follow this program with consistency, the changes you hope for will occur.
  • allyssasmommy8
    allyssasmommy8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    no ur not im 318 and im here
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh Sweetie you are in the right place. Every one belongs and has a place here. Stick around and read posts in the community.
    You will find out for yourself how much you are needed here. We all have the opportunity to teach and learn here. Just try to consistently log in every day........log your food you should soon feel better here. Welcome!
  • Skinnysoon55
    Options
    Hi! My name is Susie, I am 56 years old. About 8 years ago, I made my goal weight and kept it off for 2 years. After that menopause set in and now I have gained it all back (50+ pounds) and am struggling so hard to lose it. I am joining this site for the same reasons you are. No one is here to judge you or me or any of us. We are all working hard to do our personal best and no one can ask for more.

I am looking for support just as you are. If anyone is here to judge, you should just leave and go to another site. I wish you the best! I'll be rooting for you and hope that you'll do the same.
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No such thing!! If you are motivated and focused amazing things happen here...there are lots of great people and great advice!!!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are definitely NOT too fat to be here!

We all have to start somewhere and this is probably the best place to be.

There is lots of support and motivation here.

Looking forward to following your journey with you!
  • nnelson24
    nnelson24 Posts: 10
    Options
    maria, you sound so sad , i'm sorry that you are having a hard time but keep fighting it will be worth it in the end! my mother is also around 400 lbs . and has had knee surgery and barely moves at all , it makes me sad. May i suggest some aqua classes , they are so nice , the aerobics moves that you do are so much easier in the water , you don't' have the impact on your joints and the usually warm water feels amazing !! i started aqua classes this past year and loved it , there's always the dilemma of what to wear in the pool but really it doesn't matter as long as you get in there . I hope maybe this helps and just remember baby steps , the weight didn't go on over night and it won't come over night , be patient and please just keep plugging away at it , you will get more active and moving will get easier as the weight comes off . i will be watching this thread to check on your progress , i wish you well , nancy in michigan ...:)
  • mrnndj
    mrnndj Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome! I am new to this journey also and love all the support we get!!! Keep the faith and LOG everything you eat. Even if you goof, at least you know exactly what you are eating!!!