Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• lesanncan
    lesanncan Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love this site it has motivated me to stay on track so far! you have come the the right place for motivation and support! I hope you have great luck on your journey to a healthier life style! Feel free to add me!
  • YvonnePtm
    YvonnePtm Posts: 28
    Options
    Dear Maria

Here is the link I promised.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&feature=youtu.be

I am sure you will be inspired
  • determined136
    determined136 Posts: 332
    Options
    I for one am glad you are here....every journey starts the same...with the first step and you have just taken yours!

Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • BNance509
    BNance509 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are not too fat. I am alomost 400 myself! I can relate to how you feel. Please accept me as your friend & we can help eachother. I live in Ar & mostly a stay at home mom.
    Brandy
  • angeldd333
    angeldd333 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Maria -

I am new to this site and was just checking it out when I came across your post. Don't ever let your weight make you think you are "too fat" to do anything. I know you have some issues with your arms so it must be hard to exercise but I bet with some research we can find some type of activity for you to do. I plan on restarting my "diet" or as I like to say "live it" tomorrow. I try to exercise 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes and it really helps. I am also at my heaviest weight. I am or was 261 last time I stepped on a scale. I could be more by now since I haven't tracked what I eat or exercised in 2 months. We can all do this together. I'd be honored to help you out! We can do this! I start with a small goal of 10% of my total weight. That 10% can do wonders for your health! Hope to talk more soon! :)

Andrea
  • BLSBoyer
    BLSBoyer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Such a great first step! I see all of the inspirational responses you have received, but I have to add mine too! I am halfway to my own goal and I remember the same feelings. One day at a time sunshine and you can do it! At first I was frustrated at the "slow" weight loss, but the pounds add up quickly and next thing you know you will be a healthier and happier you! We all are very happy to have you here - use the people on here as inspiration and some day you will inspire someone else <3:) I am going to send you a friend request. Best of luck to you!

17816880.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RobsGirl73
    RobsGirl73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry u feel the way you do, I my self have felt that way. Please take that thought put of ur mind and welcome to a journey that everyone has your back. We all have our insecurites and it sucks but tracking your food and excersiZe and you will see results. Keep talking to us
  • cp1333
    cp1333 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just read all the messages to Maria and as a brand new member I have to say, you'll are a wonderful supportive group.
  • bethanymeade7
    Options
    :smile: No one should feel like they are too fat. Everyone is different
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Perfect place for you to be :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You are definitely NOT too fat to be here. This is where you need to be, and there are people who started out higher than you did who have become very successful here in reaching or moving toward their goals.

Good luck to you hon.

It's hard, but SO worth it.
  • hhana
    hhana Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss ♥
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Don't be silly, of course you're too fat to be here. Everyone here is thin and in top physical condition.

Not.

Welcome from another newbie. So far I have found this place to be very inspiring, motivating, and a tremendous amount of help learning how to lose weight and hopefully become more fit. Glad you're here.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You are not too fat to be ANYWHERE! You're an awesome, strong woman and mother. You just gotta tap into your awesomeness! :wink: I think you've come to the perfect place to start your weight loss journey. This place is more than just for weight loss. It's become an integral part of my daily activities and I'd be more than happy to be one of your new friends. Stay strong and I'll talk to you in the VERY near future! (wink wink)
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend. We are all here to get healthy in one way or another and we are all here to lose weight. You made the decision to be here and there are many people here to support you. Try not to be so hard on yourself! Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You can do it, we can help! (Is that home Depot?)

We're all in it to win it! There is no such thing as too fat.

Welcome aboard!!!!

Haha! That is Home Depot!
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    Oh, sweetie... of course you're not "too fat to be here" - there's no such thing! You're here, and that's a start, and we're all here to help you! You can add me as a friend if you want.
  • TracyM191
    TracyM191 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The hardest part about losing is weight is getting on that scale the very first time. You have done that and are now on your way to getting yourself healthly. I absolutely love this website and it is a great place for you to be. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    As you can tell from your many responses.... you came to the right place. There are so many supportive people here. If you stumble... let us know. We will give you the encouragement to get back up and keep on keeping on. Welcome! and best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me. :)
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Maria, you sound so sweet! Feel free to add me girl. Everyone has a different journey to walk and I can't imagine yours has been an easy one. I am always inspired that people have the courage and the will to start and the want to change their lives and make healthy decisions. Just like anywhere in the world, you will run into people who are going to be against you and are going to judge you, but you also have those who are there to help and support you. You are sure to find both here on this site, but the most important thing is now have the tools at your fingertips and tons and tons of free advice.

Good luck starting out! And don't get discouraged, okay? :smile: