Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You're making the right step :) Just added you BTW
  • gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! I've been using this site since 12/31/11 & I find it quite amazing! I'm thrilled that you have had so many people show you support already! I'm gonna send ya a friend request as well! I'm here every day & would love to encourage & support you on your journey!
  • katkrak
    katkrak Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! :happy: You have come to the right place and will definitely lose weight here!! MFP is full of supportive people who will help encourage you every day. I have been honest on days that I binge and share it on my profile, and my MFP friends have completely supported me without any judgement, and have encouraged me to hop right back on the wagon! I also find that hearing about all of the exercise other people are doing helps me to do something too-ANYTHING-even if it's 10 minutes of cleaning or a half mile walk-you can log it all in under exercise. There's also a lot of inspiring pictures of befores and afters here that will help you fantasize/dream about you being in their shoes, and before you know it, with the help of your MFP friends, you will accomplish those dreams!! Feel free to add me and I will do my best to support you! Best of luck on your weight loss journey!:flowerforyou:
  • royah1976
    royah1976 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Funny, I'm getting teary-eyed just reading all of the supportive posts for you. I'd say this is where you belong.
  • _zoe
    _zoe Posts: 5
    Options
    Nope. Wish you all best with your weight loss! x
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Maria, when I joined My Fitness Pal, I was 378.2 pounds. 214 pounds overweight!

You ARE in the right place! There is so much support here, and I've learned so much about losing weight THE RIGHT WAY since I've been here. Don't be in a hurry. Follow the calorie allotment that MFP gives you, and stick with it. Losing more than 2 pounds a week (on average) isn't healthy, as it doesn't give your skin the proper time to adjust to your body's new shape.

Hit me up if you want any advice, or just want another MFP friend. You CAN do this!!
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I wasn't (to my knowledge!) ever 400 but I was pretty close - 385 measured and I think I may have been higher. Welcome! Lots of good advice here already :)
  • starryeyedandskinny
    Options
    Don't worry lovely! Everyone on this site is in the same boat! No one is too "fat" to loose weight! You have to start somewhere:)
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria....This is the best place for you.....I know there is a lot of posers on here....A lot of them attention grabbers....But you are here for a purpose...And you will see it through, because you want to feel better...

All the best and keep coming back....
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I guess I am just saying what others have said. You have made a difference already... you are HERE. As for exercise, as others have said... water is the way to go if you have injuries or joint pain. I could not walk unaided back in October, now I can walk almost 6k steps a day. I have been in the pool on my good days and bad days, and still have a LONG way to go. I wish you all the best on your journey to a healthier you.
  • jessiemariehall
    Options
    Hi Maria,

As a mother you are probably running around and have no time for yourself. I find my fitness pal to be a great tool that is 'me time.' Make it a habit and a commitment to yourself to take 5 minutes a day to fill it out, you'll see it will become a part of you throughout the day as you become more conscious of your eating. It really helped me and I rejoined to maintain because I felt myself slipping again!

good luck!
    Jessie
  • lgalloway1940
    lgalloway1940 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No one is ever to fat to be here. Thats what the site is about--loosing it- no matter how little or how much. I, too, have trouble exercising. I have very bad knees. I have to walk with a cane or walker. I just try to do a little at a time. I will send you a friend request.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    You have made a step in the right direction joining here, and I am sure the first of many more successful steps.
    Start slowly and don't be in a rush, set yourself attainable goals, be honest with your food tracking, even on the not so good days.

Just remember, no matter how frustrated, angry or annoyed you get, keep looking forward and never ever give up.

You may/will fall off the cart, don't be discourgaed, learn from it, don't dwell on it or feel guilty about it, just keep moving forward.

Enjoy the journey! :happy:
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hopefully that's just my insecurity talking... :blushing:

My name is Maria and I'm 35. I live in Missouri and I'm a stay at home single mom (read: unemployed!) of 3 kids, ages 17, 14 and 12.

My weight is at the highest it's ever been, right around 400 pounds. Jeez, it's even hard to type that :(
    I imagine people all over internet-land snickering and thinking "At least I'm not like HER!" Hopefully that's not the case here and I can meet some supportive people here. I've got my fingers crossed that just maybe I might talk to some folks who face some of the same challenges I do.

When you're 400 pounds, almost everything is a challenge. Everything hurts. Everything wears you out.

To top it all off, I had a serious shoulder injury and surgery last summer that's left me with very little use of my left arm and pain in my shoulder/arm that never really goes away. My balance has suffered from not being able to use my arm and I live in fear of falling again (that's how I mangled my arm in the 1st place). Obviously with all that's happened to me, I find it very challenging to exercise.

Even typing these short paragraphs has made my arm throb so I'm going to stop here. I hope no one minds if I cut & paste this post to use as my intro in some of the groups I've joined. I just really need some supportive friends, you guys. I promise to be a good friend, too.

xoxoxo ~Maria :flowerforyou:

Um, I started at 475. You're in the right place. Trust me. :-)
  • pursuingthepromise
    Options
    I keep coming back ..and will not give up! This is a wonderful site! Be Blessed
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Um, I started at 475. You're in the right place. Trust me. :-)

510 here Maria, and she's right - this is THE place to be :) Congrats on the first step!
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Everybody is welcome here, no matter how big or small, no matter how much they feel they need to lose. We are all about SUPPORT here!!!! Please feel free to add me if you would like. I have a great circle of friends here and I try to spread the wealth whenever I can. So glad you found MFP...I think it will be a great asset to you as it has been to so many others before you!!

Best of luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jhoff8156
    jhoff8156 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this site has been so helpful to me, its easy to track your food and your exercise and it is nice to ready the success stories and i hope that i can be one of those.
  • MrsWW57
    MrsWW57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No, you are not too fat to be on here! I only joined last month, but the people here are very nice. I've lost 8 pounds since I joined about five or six weeks ago with just recording what I ate, with no exercise added. I started walking today, so hopefully this will continue. I love the food diary feature: it makes it easy to keep track of where I am. Keep with it & you will lose weight.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats to you for making a stap in gaining back control of your eating and exercise habits. I think this is a great place for you to be. If someone says something offensive to you report them.We are all here for the same reason and need to be supportive of one another. I look forward to seeing your success