Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Your post really touched me. Don't be ashamed of who you are. ((hug))
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    whatevs, my roommate weighs a whole 2nd grader more than you do. Having a high starting weight doesnt exclude you from ANYTHING. Just delays some kinds of things til later, but excluded? no way.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You can do it, we can help! (Is that home Depot?)

We're all in it to win it! There is no such thing as too fat.

Welcome aboard!!!!
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Never EVER let anyone bring you down. I have been using MFP since January and not once has anyone been nasty or condenscending towards me.

No one makes fat jokes, no one judges. We are all just here to lose weight and feel good about ourselves.

Add me as a friend :-)

We are all in this together!!!

Well, sometimes I make fat jokes about myself. Gotta have a sense of humor if you are going to walk this path. Otherwise you will just get discouraged and quit,
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Not only are you just the right weight to be here (like everyone else) I'm sure that just by writing this heartfelt and honest post you've already helped someone else on their journey. Welcome!
  • lmataloni
    lmataloni Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We're here for you. I really sympathize with the shoulder thing. My senior mom fell and crushed her shoulder...it affected her confidence in feeling stable and she never got moving again. I am not one to give advice as I am just restarting my journey after many attempts...but just focus day to day on making yourself stronger and healthier. When you lose some pounds and develop muscle and more strength, it really will get easier to move, it just seems overwhelming now. Just two weeks in and I am down 10 pounds with just light walking and strict low carb, but my knees are already thanking me and my blood sugar is dramatically improved. Log in even when you do not have anything weight loss to report -- this site is full of inspiring people and ideas and I just browse for strength. I just keep telling myself I do not want to be in a nursing home and I am sick of living life on the sidelines while my husband and kids are active. Very lonely existence. Commit to you, you are worth it!
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    You are 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% welcome here! And at the right place!

Now get ot there and be the change you want in your life and NOTHING will stop you :)
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You deserve to be here and be supported no matter what you weigh. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to. :)
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You are in the RIGHT place. Welcome!:smile:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You are in a great place. There are people that started here weighing more than you and have lost incredible amounts of weight. There are people here trying to gain weight, people trying to maintain, and others that come here to help us out with advice and support. Every little bit helps. Good luck!
  • Julie2402
    Julie2402 Posts: 126
    Options
    Bless, you are certainly not too fat to be here! You will find lots of support and advice here from people of all weights and sizes!! Good luck with your journey, you can do this!! pls feel free to add me. x
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Your post breaks my heart. There's never a too fat or too thin. The only "too" here is "too little motiviation to do anything about it." By signing up and posting, you're showing yourself that's not you. That's absolutely fantastic. I agree with the comments about water aerobics, or even just water walking. Water's so forgiving with injuries, and you get a good workout without the added strength of gravity.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Never too late to start and I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as being too fat to start a health program. ;) Everyday push yourself in different ways. Even if it sounds like something small, you will get stronger. Log those calories! All of the people on this site struggle, skinny and fat alike, and you are just as deserving as anyone to have all of your dreams come true. Welcome!
  • auntv77
    auntv77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the "family". My younger sister started her weight loss journey just over 400 lbs and has lost 30 lbs since January!
    The one thing she said that she actually heard me say and was useful (aren't sisters sweet) is to track every BLT.
    BITE LICK TASTE. That nibble of your son's pizza, every spooonful of ice cream (yup we have all done it) gets recorded.
    Good luck in your weight loss journey! Give it a great kick start by talking a nice little walk around the block!
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, Maria, are you kidding, too fat to be here? Ain't no such thing, hon! At my heaviest I weighed 326lbs and am now at 242. It's a long journey and the key is staying focused and determined. The site doesn't judge you when you record some things that were not the best choices and neither do the other people on MFP. Just think, "One day at a time, baby, one day at a time".
  • JDKD82199
    JDKD82199 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on finding MFP, the support you will find here is amazing. I also suggest adding friends, add me if you'd like.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You are never too heavy to start this journey. I was 490lbs 2 years ago, and I hit 230lbs last week, so it can be done. You just need to make decision to do something about it, and stick with it. It won't be easy, and the exercise will hurt at first, but I can tell you it is all well worth it. I feel so much better now, it is like being a whole different person.

Find something you can do for exercise, walking, bike, ellipse machine and just start doing it. MFP will help with the diet side of things, as that is actually the most important part. Once you get a handle on how many calories you are taking in, and burning, and then adjust the intake to be lower than the out go, the weight will come off. The key is to make changes that you will be able to maintain in the long run.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I was going to share Arthur's inspirational transformation video with you, but it looks like several people beat me to it. It's my favorite motivation and I have started watching it whenever I'm having an "I don't feel like moving" kind of day.

You are definitely NOT in the wrong place! MFP is a wonderful source of support for many people on different points along the path to health and fitness. There is no such thing as too fat, too thin, too old, too busy, or too ANYTHING to start taking care of your health, and MFP is a wonderful place to start. Congratulations for taking that first step and joining!

And I have to say that I smile whenever I see parents join because I always think "What an awesome example they are setting for their kids!"
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me :smile:
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    No, not at all! Welcome to MFP! I sent you a friend request. If you get time, try and fill out your profile and add a photo. I always like seeing who I am "talking" to :)

This is a journey so don't get discouraged and quit when you have a bad day. Just dust yourself off and keep going!

Years of bad habits just don’t disappear overnight, you have to work on them day by day and hour by hour. It is definitely a commitment. My highest weight is 199 lbs and I currently weigh 176.5. The best thing to do is to eliminate the “junk” foods out of your house. It’s the easiest thing to do for those emotional eating days or the days when you want to binge. Replace it with veggies, fruit, etc. You can do this! We are all here to help :)