Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• DottieNewton
    DottieNewton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There is support here from many people that are every size. Glad you found this site. Looking forward to seeing you get fit and thinner.
    I, also, have suffered an injury to my lower back and there are a lot of exercises I cannot do, but, just moving however you can will help. anything to get the juices flowing.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    First of all I like to congratulate you for taking the first step to improve your health & that is to be here.

There is no such thing as being too fat to be anything & especially being on this site. We are all human beings & created equal so everyone has equal rights to do anything that we want. Being 400 pounds can be challenging & I understand that its somehow make you feel embarrassed to even say it BUT there's nothing wrong with admitting it & that's the reason why we are all here in the first place.

I've seen some people here who are 300+ pounds & have transformed themselves completely. I also seen some older people who were obese but also transformed. So don't despair & do one step at the time. I also had injury issues before when I was still at my highest weight & although my weight wasn't close to 400 pounds but I also felt the same as what you're feeling right now & I completely understand where you come from.

Its never too late to change yourself & improve your health. You can add me as a friend if you like :flowerforyou:
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as being "too fat" to be on this site. We're all here for a common purpose and everyone here is so supportive. I started around 300 pounds and decided it's past time to make a change. Add me as a friend if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • lmvinc0
    lmvinc0 Posts: 3
    Options
    Honey that's nonesense!!! No one is "too fat" to be on here! You have made a decision to do something positive in your life. They way I look at it, is this...I don't want to stress myself out with losing weight..however, I do want to feel better when I'm running around with my three year old neice. So I tell myself, that for now, whatever I lose is great, but what is better is the way I feel. That feeling is everyday I imagine myself getting healthier. And that makes me feel good, feel better about myself, and gives me motivation.

So good luck to you, and congratulations on making the decision to be a healthier you!!!!! Add me as a friend if you like. Honey we are all in this together!

Lauren
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    You are lovely just as you are, you came here to get support learning about and doing the things that will help you get fit and healthy, you belong here. Dont look at the big picture , break it down into 5 or 10 lbs at a time and those are very managable goals, thats all I look at is breaking each 10 lbs. You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • jesscakes4u
    Options
    NO way! I think anyone in our situation needs as much support as they can get.

I look forward to helping you in anyway that I can. I have yoyo'ed my whole life, this time its gonna stick it just has to!

I would love to be friends so feel free to add me!

Jess
  • shayol3029
    shayol3029 Posts: 3
    Options
    when you're here, you're family!!!!
    just try hard, stick to it and things will change!!!!
  • Jenn264
    Jenn264 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hun don't think like that! Work on bettering yourself. Give yourself goals, eat healthy and there will be no insecurities inside of you!! You can do it! Im down 33 lbs so far and I thought before I started, is this even possible, with help from people on MFP, members at the gym, family, friends, trainers I've got this far! Don't give up! You CAN do it :)
  • virginia65us
    virginia65us Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    No way! You've taken the first step and everyone here knows how hard that can be. It will get easier and you won't find a more supportive group than you will on this site. Just take it one day at a time and before you know it, you'll see great results.
  • craniallili89
    craniallili89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You can do it <3 add me!! am a 23 year old waiting for a double lung transplant. :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You are definitely NOT in the wrong place! I have found so much support here for my fitness goals and all of my unrelated issues that I can't believe it! This is about non-judgmental support!

Feel free to add me if you want, and just go for it. Don't listen to the downers, just know that you are worth every step of your journey. Set mini goals and as you reach them you'll definitely notice your confidence starting to elevate!

Best wishes!!
  • fenwaysgirl
    fenwaysgirl Posts: 22
    Options
    you are never too overweight to be here! You have to start somewhere.....lean on us, talk to us, there is always someone here to help you...having had so many martial arts injuries to work through in the past, i understand about having to do this WITH pain....justy start off small do what you can, safely.....i guarantee, once the pounds start melting off, so will the pain....just try to keep in your head, "excuses do not get results"....try not to let the little pains keep you from doing what needs to get done...keep the bigger picture in sight. Im sure you have done everything for everyone else all their lives, well now its your turn....dont just do it for you but for your family too...you CAN do it! Make sure you believe that. :smile:
  • amyharper75
    amyharper75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Life starts now! Just a little at a time, you will get there:) I have struggled with my weight for so long. I finally decided the struggle is over!

No, that does not mean it will be easy, but it's time to start living. And showing your kids the proper way to fitness and nutrition!

I just really started using this site last week, but it's been really helpful so far. Feel free to add me, I would love to have friends:) :flowerforyou:
  • fenwaysgirl
    fenwaysgirl Posts: 22
    Options
    by the way, im 35lbs overweight, after having had 3 miscarriages and a full term pregnancy and a couple of serious issues..i just started today..and i plan on killing it til goal day.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Never too fat! You are just heavy right now. You can change. This is a great place to transform. Add me. My starting weight was 316. As soon as you start losing, you will feel so much better.
  • acksaysbillthecat
    Options
    Mary,
    I am in good shape, and whenever I see an overweight person doing good things for themselves, I don't think negative thoughts, I think positive things like "good for them!" People won't be judging, they'll be supporting. It's great to see you on here!!!

Good for you making steps to help yourself!!!!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This is an awesome tool and you will find amazing support on your journey!
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • shannonthegreek
    Options
    When I started on this site about 40 days ago, I was 404 and as of today I am 380. I know how you feel, though. Of all my friends on this site I have by far the most to lose, but they are still so sweet and supportive of me. Feel free to add me and we can support each other on our similar journeys.
  • JourneyOfaVirgo
    JourneyOfaVirgo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No ones tooo fat to be here. its a weight Loss Site. Good Luck and u could add me if u want.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!! I don't have as much weight to lose as you do, but I have been through the shoulder thing, and back, and neck. Don't give up on being pain free. With the MFP program, support from friends online or otherwise, and the grace of God you can overcome anything. If you are wary of using your arm, just walk. Walking will get you well on your way. But you probably should do some light exercise (If you have been told to) with that arm. Like I said, I have been there. I had daily pain in my shoulder for over 2 years, but right now I am (almost) free from pain. Life is good again. Send me a friend request if you want. I would be proud to be a friend.