Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    No this is the right place for you... I just joined and find this a warm, supportive group. Step out on faith and do it for yourself and your children. You have taken the 1st step. Sometime those are baby step, but promise yourself not to turn back...

The encouragement in this group is AWESOME. Stick with us.
  • Misalayne
    Misalayne Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are definately in the right place! The people here are amazing! Go through and read success stories. It is those stories that has made me believe that I can get this weight off my own body! You can do ot, stay strong and slowly but surely you will see your mind and body change!
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    You could weight 800lbs and STILL not be too fat to be here. This is an *wonderful* site with some *fantastic* people. The key is to remebering you didn't get heavy over night and you're not going to lose it overnight. Slow and steady wins the race and you're doing it for yourself! I started out at 365lbs 16 months ago and have lost 80lbs with 110ish to go. Welcome aboard!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    my highest weight was almost 200 ( @ 5 ft 1 ) you are never too fat..at least you want to change, and that is amazing :drinker: just keep telling yourself at least you arent like these people on tv that need to be taken care of 24/7 and cant get out of bed (and i dont mean that is a rude way )..good luck on your journey, and congrats for getting started:flowerforyou:
  • 68bushunter
    68bushunter Posts: 23
    Options
    Glad to meet you...The people here that I have encountered are not going to judge you, this is the right place for you. There is encouragement and I love what this site has done for me. I am 44 yrs old, and was almost the weight I was when I gave birth ( and my daughter is now 19). I had a total hysterectomy almost 3 years ago and the weight has just piled on..

I am very proud to say that I have lost 8lbs and have about 22 more to go. MFP has helped me and I know that it can help you.
  • honeybun3677
    Options
    Maria, I asked myself the same question and then I saw your post! I just joined today, and I'm amazed at all the supportive posts I have seen. Best of luck to you on your journey. And thank you, what you posted was brave and helpful. I'm not as scared to jump into the fray :smile:
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of all the people with pictures in their profile of them sporting 6 packs, wearing bikinis etc. Those nearly scared me off too. Wondered if this was a site for triathletes and fitness nuts. Turns out the majority of people on here are struggling with weight loss like you (and me). There are plenty of 100 lb + lost examples as well. Some amazing transformations that I draw inspiration from all the time. It can be done. I spent 8 months using a different site (that cost money) and I moved over to this site. Great people, very active forums, large food database.
    ^^^ THIS!

My highest weight was 382. I carried that around for months and continued to "stress eat" and binge and lie to myself. MFP has really helped me be honest and accountable about what I put in my mouth - that's key. Earlier posts in this thread said things like 'you'll be uncomfortable' and 'it's hard' - it *is* hard, dear. At least it is for me.

What is so wonderful about MFP is that you can *truly* find supportive friends - they will <<hug>> you when you need it, listen when you need to vent, reach out when you wander away, and every now and then kick your tail when you need it. Because they care :heart: I have met people on this site who have been more supportive, truth-telling, and helpful than I could have ever dreamed.

Lots of great advice about small steps (tapering off soda, drinking tons of water, walking to the mailbox and back). Don't worry about what you "can't" do - if you can't get to the gym yet, fine ... walk around the house. If you're like me and you have a raging sweet tooth, begin substituting fruit little by little. Stay honest, stay focused on your goals, and focus on what you CAN do, and you'll start to do more and more.

You have an open and willing heart - that's the MOST IMPORTANT thing. Thanks for being here. Sending a friend request your way. :flowerforyou: All the best to you, dear!

This thread was so touching - looking forward to friend-ing lots of the people who responded!

BTW the way I'm in Missouri too!!
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am so embarrsed about my weight you will note that I just have how many pounds I have lost, not my weight

Yep, me too.
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great place to be and people are not judgemental on here. You can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    Welcome home! You've come to the right place. We all have to start somewhere. We're all ashamed of the way we've let ourselves go @ 1 pt or another. I couldn't believe I was borderline 200#... The hardest part I think, is admitting it to yourself & getting started. It gets easier day by day. Hard... But easier bc you overcome obstacles daily. Feel free to add me. The water exercising sounds great, but of course, I'm no doc. You may want to look into bike pedals. I bought mine from marshals months ago. It's a start til you can do more. Good luck on your new lifestyle
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place. I started here on MFP at 421lbs and my highest weight was 461. You can do this and feel free to add me..
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place. I started here on MFP at 421lbs and my highest weight was 461. You can do this and feel free to add me..

HOLY MOLY! You look like a completely different person in your before/after pics on your profile. WOW.

Congrats!
  • dmwiseman
    dmwiseman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that if you shouldn't be here this site shouldn't be here. I personally have found this site so supportive and I hope you do to. Although I do not have as much to lose as you, I have a grown child and his best friend who face almost the exact same challenge as you. They are trying to use the buddy system to support each other and I have encouraged both of them to give this site a try. I hope you don't mind me mentioning your post to both of them as an example of someone who has the courage to reach out. Thanks for your post!:happy:
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Please know that we are all here to support you. Everyone has to start somewhere and I admire your vulnerability. Thank you very much for sharing and always feel free to ask for help. Everyone is in this together and no one gets left behind.
  • syncynlyn
    syncynlyn Posts: 39
    Options
    You are in the right place! It takes courage to open yourself up to others and I admire your first step to change your life. We all have to start somewhere and this is the perfect place. You can take it in baby steps, one thing at a time. I started by not being as active excercise wise because I had no energy. Once I started eating better (hardly any processed food, no fast food, cut out all soft drinks and drink only water, more protien than carbs, whole grains, hardly any red meat, etc...) my energy level rose significantly!

Welcome and friend request sent your way!
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    There's no such thing as being too fat to be here. That's just you're insecurity talking. But that's ok because we're all insecure about something. I've only been on MFP since February but so far I've found the community to very warm and inviting. Welcome and feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • debinewb1
    debinewb1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Marla,

You are definitely in the right place. I will mention that I recently purchased the Fitbit, (it's listed on the tools) I absolutely love it. It has helped me start moving faster and it does such a great job of measuring my steps, miles, stairs etc. done each day. I can't bear to be without it now, because it is so cool to see how much I move just in my everyday stuff. Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be! :love:
  • AnnetteZ13
    AnnetteZ13 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Maria! Welcome Aboard!

You will find the people here are very supportive and super nice. Baby steps will help you stay on track, but what does your doctor or Physical Therapist think about what you can do for exercise.

I highly suggest talking to them so you won't re injure yourself and do further damage to yourself. I also suggest asking them on where you should start.

You will find this is a great website and the people are supportive like I said, but you won't find people judging you or snickering b/c if they are they need to be kicked off of here for their insincerity and ignorant attitude.

I have only been on here for a couple of weeks, but I love the site, love the people and find myself wanting to log in daily, wanting to do better to improve myself.

Hang in there, do the best you can do and reward yourself in good ways for your goals, i.e. massage, flowers, etc.

You are a beautiful person and regardless of what you see we are all pretty easy going and non judgmental.

Have a great evening and feel free to friend me. Hang in there, it will get better!

AnnetteZ13
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was 372 when I began my weightloss journey. I feel your pain ! Literally! Add me and we can do this together!
  • Kerrilyn4
    Kerrilyn4 Posts: 1
    Options
    You are not too fat to be here! The important thing is you ARE here! You have taken a step towards a healthier life. I started my journey today as well. We are all in this together (hmmm feels a little like high school musical lol)

You will succeed my friend!!:flowerforyou: