7 months and a New life.

Options
DaSavedSinner
DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
Most of this is a copy/paste from my Intro.

I was your average "husky" kid on school and In Middle School I was around 5'10" 185lbs in wrestling club. I also "was" going to be on the football team until they did not warn me about wrapping feet with new cleats...So i tore off the back of my heal (huge blister). Around Summer after 7th grade I was put on a medication that caused my weight to go from the 185 to around 330 in about 6 months, this is when I was diagnosed with Diabetes and Hypertension. I Was also in a Very bad auto accident about 3 years ago and have had a lot of leg troubles due to the injuries. About 7 months ago my Endocrinologist(diabetic dr) Advised me to try a strict Diet that was high protien and low cal/carb and Surprising to myself and others I was able to stick with it. Recently I have been altering the diet to add more variety w'o adding extra calories or losing protein. I am proud to say that Between my faith and this diet I have now Lost over 100lbs in that 7 months w'o out any health risks. In fact its just the opposite, I no longer need to take ANY medications for Diabetes or Hypertension . I am currently a member of a local fitness center and work out for around 1-2 hrs about 3-4 time per week. I went from 3 and 4x shirts and 52 pants to L and XL (some are L are loose even) annd size 38 pants. My main issue now is that I need Advice on Workout routines that I can do at the fitness Center I use. I will post a request for advice in the appropriote forum area soon. Thanks for reading and remember If a stubborn lazy guy Like me can boost energy and Confuse the neighbors ( they literally thought my wife switched guys) then ANYONE can do it. If you set yourself to it and don't give up YOU WILL SUCCEED! Below are 4 photos, 2 are from before I starting working on improving my health the other 2 are more recent i would say about a month ago so still lost more weight since then.

**BEFORE**
1.png
2.png
**AFTER** NOTE! The Red shirt from both Before and the first After are the same shirt (it fits more like a robe now...)
3.jpg
4.jpg

Thank you for allowing me to share my progress, I am not done yet. I plan on toning and keeping myself in better shape from now on.

Replies

• kristinakingsley
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!!!!
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Nicely done man! Best of luck on the rest of it, keep up the hard work!
  • gkallio
    gkallio Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HOLLY **** BRO! Much respect!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    wow... you are very attractive- and I thought that when I saw your 'before' pic... great job! More power to you... rock on!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! keep up your excellent progress :)
  • watersoilair
    Options
    Hi there,

First off, congratulations! My mom has diabetes and severe heart disease. I'm determined lose this extra poundage of mine. Can I ask what kinds of foods you eat? I too want a lowish carb highish protien diet. I won't be working out as much as you.

Cheers!:happy:
  • crystut03
    crystut03 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OMG!! such an inspiration to all of us....thanks for sharing and keep it up...u look absolutely great...nice going!!
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    awesome job you look fantastic keep it up
  • DaSavedSinner
    Options
    wow... you are very attractive- and I thought that when I saw your 'before' pic... great job! More power to you... rock on!

I think that is the first time I ever been told that....Weird, lol. Anyway thank you!
    Hi there,

First off, congratulations! My mom has diabetes and severe heart disease. I'm determined lose this extra poundage of mine. Can I ask what kinds of foods you eat? I too want a lowish carb highish protien diet. I won't be working out as much as you.

Cheers!:happy:

First off I want to make it clear that everybody is different so if in doubt ask a dr or dietitian. I am very good at cooking random recipes and I credit that for much of my progress. I would happy to share some of my tips for dieting when I get a chance but right now I have to cook dinner for the kid. Biggest thing is find stuff you like that is healthy and try to eat smaller portions more often like if i make a 6" turkey sub on mutligrain with lettuce, onion and light dressing (hot sauce,mayo or low cal salad dressing usually) I will cut that sandwich into 4 that way if i eat the first piece and 20 min later I am hungry again I am not eating a whole sandwich both times. Feel free to add me and I would be happy to help and Inspire in anyway I can.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great work, Congratulations.
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!
  • sandybeachez
    sandybeachez Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    All I can say is
    WOW! :happy:
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is amazing!
  • DaSavedSinner
    Options
    Thank you for your Kind words. If I went back in time 7 months and told myself this would happen I would think I was nuts...and not just from talking to my smaller self....yea that failed, lol. Anyway I had to replace all my clothes even shoes, my old clothes were given to my neighbor that is now wanting me to coach her and her bf after the baby arrives and she is able too. Biggest thing is don't give up! Honestly if a person was to change one thing to make a huge impact on thier lives I would say it is stop eating fried food and no regular soda. I make my own soda alot using a homemade carbonator kit and koolaid w' sucralose. or I drink tea.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job! You must be so proud! :flowerforyou:
  • DaSavedSinner
    Options
    Great job! You must be so proud! :flowerforyou:

I am, Because every time I told myself and Others I would always be overweight and unhealthy....I was Wrong. My wife was inspired by me to try to get healthier and has already lost 14lbs. I try my best to inspire people everywhere I go, Not for my own bragging rights, but to simply help people when ever I can. I am excited to work out even if I have to get up at 4am to get to the gym at 5am I'll do it...and on the way home I am trying not to turn around for another go. If you cannot find the inspiration in yourself look for it somewhere else, but above all don't give up because there are many reasons to keep going.
  • Mirandas5bgirls
    Mirandas5bgirls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Your top notch in my book and that was hilarious about switching husbands, lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!